The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aay
Same and I wrote that it would determine whether the impulse was excitory or inhibitory - WRONG gr

I said it controlled what impulses were passed on, my teacher said she could see my point but the answer was probably that it contained the information for the synthesis of neurptransmitters... Oops!
Original post by Faye__1996
Whatvabout the one with the neurone? Asking what the nucleus would do?

That moment when someone in S5 doesn't trust a biomedical scientist and a medic. </3
Reply 342
Original post by Scottish__girl
Yeah, my mind went blank on that one, ended up writing something about anaerobic conditions haha! It was amino acids, co2 and fatty acids I think but not sure what order! I lost the mark as I put glucose instead of amino acids, but got the other two! Then the next part was glucose and oxygen :smile:

I don't know why, I was soooo STUPID HERE! I put the one coming away from fats as Pyruvic acid because I thought that I read somewhere that fatty acids could be converted to Pyruvic acid, BUT NAW SO ANNOYING!
one mark down le drain.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
That moment when someone in S5 doesn't trust a biomedical scientist and a medic. </3

Sorry, me and my sister share this account and I hadn't read the whole thread to noticed you'd already answered :tongue:

You've got a medicine and biomedical science degree?
Sorry, me and my sister share this account and I hadn't read the whole thread to noticed you'd already answered :tongue:

You've got a medicine and biomedical science degree?

No, I'm studying medicine. Another girl is studying biomedical sciences. We both gave one of you the same answer. :tongue:

Twins?
No, I'm studying medicine. Another girl is studying biomedical sciences. We both gave one of you the same answer. :tongue:

Twins?

Oh cool :smile: yeah we're twins! My sister wants to study medicine and I want to study dentistry, but after this exam we're a bit worried we won't get the A we need! *le cry*
Oh cool :smile: yeah we're twins! My sister wants to study medicine and I want to study dentistry, but after this exam we're a bit worried we won't get the A we need! *le cry*

And do you have names? :holmes:

I've never believed anyone who has said "I'm just so interested in teeth." Ever. :redface:

I've never believed anyone who has said "I'm just so interested in teeth." Ever. :redface:

This is getting quite personal :wink:

Faye (my sister) wants to study medicine and I (Eleanor) want to study dentistry :smile: haha I am strangely enough, but sometimes I think I might get sick of the sight of them!
This is getting quite personal :wink:

Well how else am I going to address you correctly!?

Faye (my sister) wants to study medicine and I (Eleanor) want to study dentistry :smile: haha I am strangely enough, but sometimes I think I might get sick of the sight of them!

And you apply in October, right? God...I remember how surreal it felt in your position. I felt under so much pressure and I hadn't even applied yet!

Original post by StudyMe
I don't know why, I was soooo STUPID HERE! I put the one coming away from fats as Pyruvic acid because I thought that I read somewhere that fatty acids could be converted to Pyruvic acid, BUT NAW SO ANNOYING!
one mark down le drain.

There's a reason that part of the metabolic pathway is called glycolysis!

I don't study metabolism until next year, but I think glycerol is converted to pyruvic acid, but fatty acids are converted to acetyl-coA.
(edited 10 years ago)
Well how else am I going to address

Twin one and twin two? Jokes, please don't hehe

yeah we apply in October, quite scary! So cliché but I totally remember just coming into first year haha, time flies!

Sorry to interrupt, but I am genuinely, unhealthily interested in teeth! It's an obsession :colondollar: Everyone I see I can't help but assess how many teeth they have in their mouth, if they would benefit from orthodontics or if they would benefit from crowns or veneers! One of the reasons why I am trying to avoid dentistry is that I think teeth will end up taking over my life :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AspiringMedic8
Sorry to interrupt, but I am genuinely, unhealthily interested in teeth! It's an obsession :colondollar: Everyone I see I can't help but assess how many teeth they have in their mouth, if they would benefit from orthodontics or if they would benefit from crowns or veneers! One of the reasons why I am trying to avoid dentistry is that I think teeth will end up taking over my life :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you being serious or sarcastic haha?
Original post by LovePeaceChocolate
I said it controlled what impulses were passed on, my teacher said she could see my point but the answer was probably that it contained the information for the synthesis of neurptransmitters... Oops!

I wrote exactly what you wrote ! :s-smilie: gr so it's a wrong answer?? :/
Original post by itsGrand131415
I wrote exactly what you wrote ! :s-smilie: gr so it's a wrong answer?? :/

Well, I'm not sure. Me and my teacher had a quick skim over the questions I struggled with an she said she could see my point and they might take that as an answer cause I did have a point but most likely it was beacuse the nucleolus contained the stuff for protein synthesis. There's another mark gone!
Are you being serious or sarcastic haha?

Very serious! I have a fixation on teeth! I literally love them :smile: It's been this way for quite a few years and through hours of Internet reading I know practically every treatment available dentally and orthodontically and the steps involved in each one of them. It's just carrying them out that I obviously can't do! :tongue: I find fillings very boring, though. Very repetitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very serious! I have a fixation on teeth! I literally love them :smile: It's been this way for quite a few years and through hours of Internet reading I know practically every treatment available dentally and orthodontically and the steps involved in each one of them. It's just carrying them out that I obviously can't do! :tongue: I find fillings very boring, though. Very repetitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should be a dentist! :bl:
Reply 356

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your username should be AspiringDentist8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aay
Your username should be AspiringDentist8

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha crackin the jokes, tried to + you but it didn't let me
:unimpressed:
Reply 358
haha crackin the jokes, tried to + you but it didn't let me
:unimpressed:

lolol it's all good :smile: You recovered from the bio exam? I havent aha
Original post by Aay
lolol it's all good :smile: You recovered from the bio exam? I havent aha

Na man, don't think I will for a while haha. Worst part was, after when me and my friend went up after the exam to return our textbooks etc my teacher was like "you were jumping for joy with these essays, right?!"

Ehhh ... Not quite mrs, lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending