The Student Room Group

aqa english lit

i have an english lit exam on monday and i really need help!!
REALLY need help with explaining effects and the structure/form etc... im not good at ao2 i can spot a sonnet metaphor etc just the actual explanation/effect :frown:
Any help would be appreciated
Reply 1
To get the top marks you just need to explain how the structure of the poem conveys the main ideas for example the lack of rhyme scheme could show lack of direction etc.
The same with the novels you can relate the structure to anything really as long as you justify everything :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Claudia_gx
To get the top marks you just need to explain how the structure of the poem conveys the main ideas for example the lack of rhyme scheme could show lack of direction etc.
The same with the novels you can relate the structure to anything really as long as you justify everything :smile:

thanks thats helped quite a lot
also if you wouldn't mind, could you give me more examples? :colondollar:
Reply 3
Which books are you doing and poems? Im doing to kill a mockingbird, an inspector calls and character and voice.
Reply 4
Which books are you doing and poems? Im doing to kill a mockingbird, an inspector calls and character and voice.

I'm doing TKAM and AIC also. are you learning quotes off by heart before the exam or are you going to just find quotes in the exam according to the question you get??
Reply 5

im doing an inspector calls and of mice and men
Reply 6
Original post by alibland
I'm doing TKAM and AIC also. are you learning quotes off by heart before the exam or are you going to just find quotes in the exam according to the question you get??

im trying to learn a few important ones (which could be used anywhere) and most of them id have to find in the exam according to the question i get!
Original post by emah123
i have an english lit exam on monday and i really need help!!
REALLY need help with explaining effects and the structure/form etc... im not good at ao2 i can spot a sonnet metaphor etc just the actual explanation/effect :frown:
Any help would be appreciated

Are you sure you have poetry? Books is tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Olympiad
Are you sure you have poetry? Books is tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

poetry and comparison is on thursday
but for unit one (which is tomorrow) ao2 is assessed too, i just needed a few examples of methods/structure and form which contribute to writers ideas :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending