The Student Room Group

Messed up big time...what to do now?

Hi,

I have been talking/seeing this girl for nearly 4 months now. A week ago I asked her how she thought our "relationship" was progressing and she told me she wants to spend more time getting to know me etc. She then asked me how I felt and I told her that I really liked her and would like to see her again. Since I told her this I have not heard a single thing from her.

Have I messed up by telling her I like her? Should I send her a message or just let her respond in her own time? I actually feel she will not reply and maybe I have scared her off??
I suggest you keep on as you normally would. It's probably all in your head. If you normally start the convo, start another and if it's normally her just wait and see for a bit. It depends on how long ago you told her too (compared to how long it normally is between convos for you guys). If you normally talk every day and you haven't heard from her in like a week just go ask if she's alright.
I wouldn't say you messed up that big as long as you leave it there at that and don't go all creepy stalker on her. I'm sure she'll get over it if she hasn't already, just don't push too hard and if she seems when you next talk like she needs some space, let her have it.

Don't think too much into it. It's no biggie.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I suggest you keep on as you normally would. It's probably all in your head. If you normally start the convo, start another and if it's normally her just wait and see for a bit. It depends on how long ago you told her too (compared to how long it normally is between convos for you guys). If you normally talk every day and you haven't heard from her in like a week just go ask if she's alright.
I wouldn't say you messed up that big as long as you leave it there at that and don't go all creepy stalker on her. I'm sure she'll get over it if she hasn't already, just don't push too hard and if she seems when you next talk like she needs some space, let her have it.

Don't think too much into it. It's no biggie.

So basically act like normal? Forget that I sent her the message and try and re-start the convo?

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Jessie_1991
Hi,

I have been talking/seeing this girl for nearly 4 months now. A week ago I asked her how she thought our "relationship" was progressing and she told me she wants to spend more time getting to know me etc. She then asked me how I felt and I told her that I really liked her and would like to see her again. Since I told her this I have not heard a single thing from her.

Have I messed up by telling her I like her? Should I send her a message or just let her respond in her own time? I actually feel she will not reply and maybe I have scared her off??

She probably wanted to you put a title on things.

Message her casually seeing how she doing n if she wants to hang out.
Original post by Jessie_1991
So basically act like normal? Forget that I sent her the message and try and re-start the convo?

Thanks

Yeah pretty much. Don't avoid talking about it if she brings it up but otherwise just keep going as normal. It sounds like its going well other than that little awkwardness.

You're welcome. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending