The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 prediction for 17th may 2013 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
How many marks would I have got for question 2 a on CPI if I said it measured inflation on a basket of goods how it differed from rpi and it looked at how much people bought of a good over different time periods and if they bought less price level was higher. I also briefly mentioned a base year but no weights, I know I wasnt completely right but how many marks should I gain. Thanks
Reply 501
Original post by cyfer
Unless you're hoping for full marks in the first place :cool:

Did you know how to do the first part?

Not at all :tongue: Never been taught it.

I quoted data & showed some basic maths though, so must get some marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 502
Original post by Farringtonn
I do the exact same as you but history instead of phychology

WOOP, haha i'm gonna drop psychology this year anyways :smile:

Original post by Fullycorporate
I did deregulation as one and evaluated by saying that most industries in the UK are deregulated so there isn't much of a point in deregulation since it wouldn't be very effective etc. Is this a valid evaluation point?

Hmm i'm not entirely sure, you may get it, I think it was the majority of UK markets have been privatised! You may get the benefit of the doubt though because many markets have also been deregulated...(flights etc) :smile:
Reply 503
Original post by cyfer
Unless you're hoping for full marks in the first place :cool:

Did you know how to do the first part?

In the exam no, now I do LOL (quite pointless I guess) The best thing is even though I guessed in the exam I managed to pick up half the marks, its true we never were taught how to form an index!
Reply 504
How DO you form an index?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CarysMoo
I feel like I've really messed up this exam. I did Q2, started panicking and completely forgot to define things. The living standards question really threw me, I really couldn't think anything. The monetary policy and 30 mark question were okay, since I felt they were the only questions which really allowed you to show off knowledge. :/ I feel like I've really cocked it up. I got an A in January, and I dropping it, but I really wanted an A or a B since maths based things aren't my thing at all. :frown: So upset.

Felt like i didn't do too well either was hoping for a B but think I've dropped too many marks don't think I went Into enough detail or talked about the right thinks, also missed my equilibriums off diagrams which is annoying! Don't feel good about unit 1 I did on Monday either (never sat it in January)
Guys can someone please answer. I did question one, but I'm worried about the 8 marker. If I spoke about how the two units of measurement were the same in one year (2004) as one point which was their lowest. And them being highest in a different year to each other with figures mentioned. Would I get 8 marks?
Reply 507
I needed a 90 to pull up my Unit 1 grade. Those pesky smaller questions made sure that need was not met.
Reply 508
Original post by StanleyWems
Guys can someone please answer. I did question one, but I'm worried about the 8 marker. If I spoke about how the two units of measurement were the same in one year (2004) as one point which was their lowest. And them being highest in a different year to each other with figures mentioned. Would I get 8 marks?

What was the question again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 509
Original post by YMLT
How DO you form an index?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Base index is always 100, so new index will just be the percentage difference add the base index

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YMLT
What was the question again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it was show to significant points of comparison between the set of data
Reply 511
Original post by Clints
Base index is always 100, so new index will just be the percentage difference add the base index

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I needed the percentage different between 45 & 125 then. Oh well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 512
I think it was show to significant points of comparison between the set of data

On question 1? I don't remember it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YMLT
On question 1? I don't remember it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is aqa right?
This is aqa right?

Nope edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 515
for question 1 , I said the costs of the deficit of trade would be 1)it could be unsustaible and create national debt and 2)it could reduce confidence, lessening investiment and consumption while net incomes also leave. I think that's right? and for the 8 marker on oil price I said the decrease was due to recession, drop in international trade and then I said the rise was due to govs trying to recover so attempted to increase growth which increased the ad for oil? any help if im right?
Reply 516
will i lose marks in the 30 mark question in question 1 for not drawing the LRAS curve shift at the beginning of my answer?
I did question 2!
For the 30 mark question I analysed by showinig how contractionary fiscal policy has been detrimental to achieving Economic Growth and Full Employment but for my Evaluation I showed how it has been beneficial to help achieve two macroeconomic objectives; Balance of Payments equilibrium and Price Stability. I also evaluated by explaining that the magnitude of the negative multiplier effect would be significant yadda yadda yadda
Reply 518
Original post by neji123
will i lose marks in the 30 mark question in question 1 for not drawing the LRAS curve shift at the beginning of my answer?

I only drew a standard AD/AS diagram. Did you draw another type?
what topics might come up for this years paper for edexcel economics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending