The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
yeah should be, if you look at my model answers that is how I normally do them.

Hi, thanks so much for posting the answers! I have a similar question for the Venn diagram. I did the same kind of thing as this student, but looks a little different! I did three circles (non-overlapping) and in each was a subset of B with the correct data expressed as fractions. Do you reckon I'll lose marks for any of this? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 441
does 6b lose the marks because of no percentage?
Reply 442
HAVE I GOT THESE MARKS???

For the Venn Diagram, I worked out the percentages etc clearly, will I at least get a method mark?

For question 1c, I just put the points must therefore lie close to a straight line? (without reference to PMCC)

Normal distribution, no percentage for 6b

For the cumulative distribution I got 3 right out of 5 boxes, how many marks will I get?
Reply 443
I did the paper quite Averagely and according to the Solutions Im Getting 60. IS it a A or a B
Reply 444
Anyone please please help,

Guys need help because I didnt put a 0 in the venn diagram for the bus circle so would i lose a mark :/?
Reply 445
Original post by Secret.
Damn! Completely missed the giving answer to 3sf but got values right, how many marks would I lose? In question 1

I did also, since in stats they tend to give everything to like the 5th DP
Reply 446
hope ive got a nice examiner !!
Reply 447
Original post by 619shahir
I did the paper quite Averagely and according to the Solutions Im Getting 60. IS it a A or a B

I think I got this too :frown:( Hope its an A
thanks for this! got all of the calculations the same as the solutions on here but i guess i might lose some marks for a couple of explaining questions, oh well, heyho
Pretty pleased overall :smile:
I've tried searching the thread for an answer to this question but to no avail, so sorry if it's been asked before and I've missed it.

For 1) e), "Interpret the value of b", I put "as height decreases, temperature increases".

I'm expecting to lose the mark for this, as I know they expect to see specific data being quoted, but does anyone know of instances in past-papers where general comments like mine have gained the mark?

Thanks.
Reply 450
Original post by SILHAM
Anyone please please help,

Guys need help because I didnt put a 0 in the venn diagram for the bus circle so would i lose a mark :/?

No you wouldn't.
Original post by alexandraa
Yeah hope so :smile: haha I attempted the first part of the last question but I've got it wrong anyway, I wrote down random formulas for the other parts cos I just knew I wouldn't have time to do them! Yeah I mean bar a few silly mistakes, I've pretty much got the bits I did right except for a couple of the wordy questions but then the mark scheme is always pretty vague for those. It seems awful cos I put in a lot of effort for s1 cos I always found it hard, i didn't even get chance to attempt the last 2 questions, oh well I guess everyone was in the same boat :frown:

If only I could turn back time! Just got to put it behind me and focus on my other exams now I guess, and hopefully I should get around 70 ums for 56 marks(ish)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well the formulas, if they're right should at least get you a few marks, better than nothing
I know what you mean, even though I did stats GCSE, there was no way I was going to be ready for this exam, so what's done is done I guess, just got to hope the examiner is lenient with those long questions. I made so many stupid stupid stupid mistakes, I don't deserve to be doing A level maths, it's that stupid :tongue:

That's the best attitude tbh, just leave it and move on. There is always a chance to retake if need be if you don't get what you want now
Reply 452
Original post by Yellow UFO
I've tried searching the thread for an answer to this question but to no avail, so sorry if it's been asked before and I've missed it.

For 1) e), "Interpret the value of b", I put "as height decreases, temperature increases".

I'm expecting to lose the mark for this, as I know they expect to see specific data being quoted, but does anyone know of instances in past-papers where general comments like mine have gained the mark?

Thanks.

Heya, yeah there have been general comments but only in skewness. B is actually the gradient so unfortunately you have to be specific and say as the height increases by 1 meter the temp falls by ___ degrees. You may get 1 mark if its out of 2
Original post by tigerz
Heya, yeah there have been general comments but only in skewness. B is actually the gradient so unfortunately you have to be specific and say as the height increases by 1 meter the temp falls by ___ degrees. You may get 1 mark if its out of 2

I suspected as much. Luckily it was just a 1-marker so the damage is limited. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 454
I suspected as much. Luckily it was just a 1-marker so the damage is limited. Thanks. :smile:

It was a 1 marker :frown: I got that wrong too. I put that as it gets 1 degree hotter, the sea level falls my -0.015 metres. ****
Reply 455

Yeah, s1+Me= stupid stupid mistakes LOL, I read q1 as 23 instead of 25 :/
Reply 456
Would I lose any marks in question 1 for using the 3sf values to work out the pmcc and regression line instead of using the exact values, even though I got the same answers as on the unofficial mark scheme? :s
Original post by Aliyaa
Would I lose any marks in question 1 for using the 3sf values to work out the pmcc and regression line instead of using the exact values, even though I got the same answers as on the unofficial mark scheme? :s

Not at all
Reply 458
Grade boundaries please be as low as 55 please
Reply 459
Is "Data is skewed" enough for the mark when they asked why it would be inappropriate to use the median?

And for the question right after the Venn diagram, I multiplied the values instead of adding them (stupid mistake). Would I get one mark?