The Student Room Group

GCSE Astronomy June 2013 paper

Anyone did that edexcel paper? Not many people are taking astronomy GCSEs. It was quite easy and I fell quite awkward when all you need is 1 hour and a bit to finish the paper and they give you 2 hours, plus with only 8 people in my school sitting in the whole gym.

Grade boundary wise I feel it would be very tough and possibly 105/120 for an A*

If you sat the exam and not sure about the questions you can discuss here.
Original post by AndyChow
Anyone did that edexcel paper? Not many people are taking astronomy GCSEs. It was quite easy and I fell quite awkward when all you need is 1 hour and a bit to finish the paper and they give you 2 hours, plus with only 8 people in my school sitting in the whole gym.

Grade boundary wise I feel it would be very tough and possibly 105/120 for an A*

If you sat the exam and not sure about the questions you can discuss here.

I wouldn't mind doing it, sounds interesting, but sadly I can't. School won't let me because it's really close to Physics GCSE and it doesn't open up many doors which is why it's not offered in most schools.

Anyway best of luck to all doing Astronomy GCSE and who did the June 2013 paper.
I also sat the exam and found it surprisingly easy compared to the past papers. I completed the paper in an hour aswell, but luckily we were able to leave as soon as we had finished!
Reply 3
Original post by nimrajudge98
I also sat the exam and found it surprisingly easy compared to the past papers. I completed the paper in an hour aswell, but luckily we were able to leave as soon as we had finished!

Not really a good thing to have an easy paper. Because only high achieving students are offered this course in most schools, henceforth the standard is quite high, and you need high marks to get A*

This time I would think you need at least 90% for A*, and the grade boundary will be very close together since everyone did well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending