The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
I done my S1 exam this Jan. But, I am fuming that 3 people actually negged Arsey. One doesn't simple neg Arsey :angry: :judge:
ahhh thank you so much. but cant believe i forgot to put a 0 in the centre of the venn diagram! aggh what a stupid mistake to make!!
Original post by lolipanda
ahhh thank you so much. but cant believe i forgot to put a 0 in the centre of the venn diagram! aggh what a stupid mistake to make!!

i didn't put a 0 either does that mean we'll lose a mark?
Original post by Fas
hahaha likewise ! i ended up getting k = 0.0583 first and i was like " wait this isn't right " then realised that 5k had to be 1 haha :tongue:

Omg I did that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there anything like error carried forward in S1
please reply
Original post by alexandraa
Omg I did that too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow same! it confused me so much, i had to leave that question to the end. ha nice to know other people got confused too, at least i got it right in the end :smile:

Original post by Tee Logan x
i didn't put a 0 either does that mean we'll lose a mark?

i've no idea, i did see a mark scheme once where a mark was taken off if the candidate had put nothing (i.e. written nothing) instead of put a 0, but at the end of the day its just one mark. still a frustrating one to lose though.

Original post by physicshelper
is there anything like error carried forward in S1
please reply

yes there is, they shouldnt penalise you for any one mistake more than once, so if a future part to a question involves an answer you previously worked out, you should get ecf. :smile:
Original post by lolipanda
wow same! it confused me so much, i had to leave that question to the end. ha nice to know other people got confused too, at least i got it right in the end :smile:

i've no idea, i did see a mark scheme once where a mark was taken off if the candidate had put nothing (i.e. written nothing) instead of put a 0, but at the end of the day its just one mark. still a frustrating one to lose though.

yes there is, they shouldnt penalise you for any one mistake more than once, so if a future part to a question involves an answer you previously worked out, you should get ecf. :smile:

I know right. Tbh all the marks i lost are like the ones you feel like ripping your hair out for :P
Reply 467
Original post by Graham981
The question was out of 5 marks, so based on previous mark schemes :

1 mark for attempt at ∑fx
1 mark for mean = 24.2 (3s.f./or correct rounding)
1 mark for an attempt at σ , (following through mean)
1 mark for a correct expression including square root, (follow through mean)
1 mark for s= 9.29 (3s.f./or correct rounding)

So you would gain around 3 marks out of 5, ie lose 2 marks.

Okay so I calculated ∑fx incorrectly, and then didn't get the mean. So that's two gone. For the next two steps, would I get the marks despite using incorrect value for the mean? I got the standard deviation wrong, because of incorrect mean value, so at least 3 marks gone there. Thank you very much for the help it's really appreciated.
you know the test question where we had to find the mean and standard deviation
i got that wrong because i forgot to make the data continuous
how many marks will i lose for that question if error is carried forward
pls reply
thax alot
Reply 469
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Not at all

Ah okay, thanks!! (:

This a list of the previous grade boundaries (taken from Arsey's spreadsheet) showing 100, 90, 80, and 70 UMS respectively:

Jan-13 75 68.0 61 54
Jun-12 75 68.0 61 54
Jan-12 72 66.0 60 54
Jun-11 75 68.0 61 53
Jan-11 73 66.0 59 52
Jun-10 69 62.0 55 48
Jan-10 75 70.0 65 58
Jun-09 75 67.5 60 52
Jan-09 71 64.0 57 50
Jun-08 72 66.0 60 54
Jan-08 75 69.0 63 56
Jun-07 72 65.0 58 51
Jan-07 75 68.0 61 54
Jun-06 71 65.0 59 53
Jan-06 75 68.5 62 55
Jun-05 67 60.0 53 46
Jan-05 68 62.0 56 50
Reply 470
Original post by Arsey
If you were on about putting in zero in the empty regions, then I doubt that matters. If you meant something else then I didn't read it properly.

Sorry, I realise I'm being a massive pain in the arse. For the venn diagram I didn't include the values 9, 64 and 77. Would you guess that as one or two marks lost? Thank you, hope that's clearer.
Reply 471
Original post by physicshelper
you know the test question where we had to find the mean and standard deviation
i got that wrong because i forgot to make the data continuous
how many marks will i lose for that question if error is carried forward
pls reply
thax alot

It depends on what you wrote down for that question eg. whether or not you got method marks.
Reply 472
GUYS PLEASE ANSWER for question 1c I put that the points lie close to a straight line, will I get the mark ????
Reply 473
Original post by Xx4L3x
GUYS PLEASE ANSWER for question 1c I put that the points lie close to a straight line, will I get the mark ????

Probably.
Reply 474
For question 1f) I said the difference was negative 7.5 as the height was increasing; I got so worked up as to weather or not to put a negative.... will i lose a mark for this?
Reply 475
Original post by Xx4L3x

I think you should, since if points lie close to a straight line, it would mean there is a strong correlation which would have similar meaning to "r is close to -1 hence strong (negative) correlation".
Reply 476
Original post by AvaM
For question 1f) I said the difference was negative 7.5 as the height was increasing; I got so worked up as to weather or not to put a negative.... will i lose a mark for this?

i doubt it
Reply 477
Any chance of 69 = 100 ums like it did a couple years ago?

After all seems like a lot of people didn't like this paper

i'm such a weirdo how could i do better on this than c1 haha
Reply 478
Original post by AvaM

I think they may accept ±7.5, depending on mark scheme.
Reply 479
Original post by Graham981
I think you should, since if points lie close to a straight line, it would mean there is a strong correlation which would have similar meaning to "r is close to -1 hence strong (negative) correlation".

The only thing that is making me doubt getting this mark is that it said "state whether or not your value supports" and I didnt use -0.95 but obviously I new that ???

Latest

Trending

Trending