The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by GrandMasterChe
Any chance of 69 = 100 ums like it did a couple years ago?

After all seems like a lot of people didn't like this paper

i'm such a weirdo how could i do better on this than c1 haha

Around 69 raw marks has been 100UMS in the past, so there is the chance.

I think some didn't finish the paper, alongside with other errors which seem to be made by many.

In addition, June S1 grade boundaries are lower, since usually in January Further maths students do S1.
Reply 481
Original post by OllieGCSEs
For the last question, I remember getting an answer of 4.85 for the s.d because i foolishly converted 98% into it's value from the table and saying that it was equal to P(W<210) - P(W<200), do you (anyone who reads this) believe i could get a couple of method marks from this?

did exactly the same thing! feel like such an idiot for not converting 0.02 lol
Reply 482
Original post by Graham981
Around 69 raw marks has been 100UMS in the past, so there is the chance.

I think some didn't finish the paper, alongside with other errors which seem to be made by many.

In addition, June S1 grade boundaries are lower, since usually in January Further maths students do S1.

nice :smile: know for sure that i got the last part of last q wrong and effed up the standard deviation but other than that im fairly positive.
Reply 483
Original post by GrandMasterChe
Any chance of 69 = 100 ums like it did a couple years ago?

After all seems like a lot of people didn't like this paper

i'm such a weirdo how could i do better on this than c1 haha

No chance, was much easier than that paper.
Reply 484
What about getting the mark for the percentage question on normal distribution ???
Reply 485
Original post by Xx4L3x
What about getting the mark for the percentage question on normal distribution ???

well what did you put?
Reply 486
Original post by must try harder.
Hi, thanks so much for posting the answers! I have a similar question for the Venn diagram. I did the same kind of thing as this student, but looks a little different! I did three circles (non-overlapping) and in each was a subset of B with the correct data expressed as fractions. Do you reckon I'll lose marks for any of this? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That should be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 487
Original post by Xx4L3x
does 6b lose the marks because of no percentage?

You mean leaving in decimal form? Should be okay as it is equivalent. Depends on how pedantic the MS is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 488
Original post by Titus20
well what did you put?

the decimal like Arsey and many other people, but a few did put the percentage. omg the rush to finish the paper just made me not focus
Reply 489
Original post by SILHAM
Anyone please please help,

Guys need help because I didnt put a 0 in the venn diagram for the bus circle so would i lose a mark :/?

Doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 490
Original post by Yellow UFO
I've tried searching the thread for an answer to this question but to no avail, so sorry if it's been asked before and I've missed it.

For 1) e), "Interpret the value of b", I put "as height decreases, temperature increases".

I'm expecting to lose the mark for this, as I know they expect to see specific data being quoted, but does anyone know of instances in past-papers where general comments like mine have gained the mark?

Thanks.

No chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 491

arsey are you a teacher?
Reply 492
Original post by Razer_M
I know a lot of people who did that. You could either get 1 then a 1....or vice versa. If it was sum of 3 you'd do it twice: 1,2 & 2,1

(I got it right) but I still don't know why you don't do 1,1 and then 1,1
I lucked out by forgetting it could have been both ways otherwise I'd have put 0.02 not 0.01!

I think it is just -1 mark out of the 2. Can someone say why it isn't both ?

Lol.

1,1 and 1,1 are the same. 1,2 and 2,1 are different. Just think about a sample space diagram.

I thought it was daft how both prob 1 were 0.1 so you could have got the right answer even if misunderstood the Qu.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 493
Hey arsey for the last q i contrived to use the .98 value in the tables instead of 0.02

could i still get method marks cos i did the same method just wrong value. given its 4 marker would i get perhaps 2? i displayed too where the value should come from - drawing the graph and all. also im sure the rest of the q i answered was right if that would help.
Reply 494
Original post by Razer_M
Kicking myself over Q6 when I, like Arsey, put the z value but not the percentage! :frown: I'm guessing that is -A1
Also didn't put the 0 in the Venn diagram, though i must say, the total was 200 people, and all the values in the venn diagram added up to 200 so i don't know why you would have needed it - sample size was known? - Maybe another minus mark there.

Can't complain with 73/75 though! Chuffed!

I doubt you will lose a mark for either of these

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
Lol.

1,1 and 1,1 are the same. 1,2 and 2,1 are different. Just think about a sample space diagram.

I thought it was daft how both prob 1 were 0.1 so you could have got the right answer even if misunderstood the Qu.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Arsey - first of all thank you for the solutions !

For the Venn Diagram , i included a 0 in the circle for Bus , got the correct numbers and correct shape - but in the box ( so basically everything outside of the four circles ) i just left that blank and didn't put 0 there would i lose a mark on that , or would it even matter ?
Reply 496
Original post by 344302
Defo!

I came out the exam thinking yeah boy! And now I'm just like omg I am so stupid. My Venn diagram added up to 1 instead of however many workers there were.. I did she correct shape diagram but I divided all my values by 200 I have no idea why .. How many marks would I lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 497
It looks like everyone has done really well, yay! :smile:
Reply 498
Original post by Arsey
I doubt you will lose a mark for either of these

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think a mark will be lost because the question did state a PERCENTAGE and although a decimal is the equivalent, a decimal is not a percentage

Has there been anything similar in the past?
Reply 499
Original post by maxtate
Some guy took a dump in his seat and it stunk our whole venue, imagine that -.- caretaker came in and cleaned it it was disgusting no one could concentrate you got off easy :tongue: but realtalks yeah I might redo cuz of that aswell there's not much you can do tbh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending