The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by ryanb97
So who is going to rip there anthology in the exam

i think it will be awkward flicking the pages so im just going to rip it out... hopefully i will do it properly and not rip my required poem in 2 lol

is anyone else???

ryan

In my exam I just did the poem next to the one they asked and it worked out very well
Reply 541
Original post by lilacwanda28
I'm in yr 12, but yh, I got an A* last year :smile:
the questions we got last year were about death and then about setting, which shocked me a little bit bc I thought we were going to get on specific character and then a theme - but I loved the setting question bc it was a multiple choice (choose either the beach, castle rock or the jungle I think it was) so I was happy with my choice - but Ralph and the conch I think is a pretty good guess I'd say - maybe Jack...

well done! - hopefully i will get one hehe :colondollar:

oh wow.. i personally wouldnt have picked the setting question - when i did it i did the violence question.. it seemed a bit more varied
im personally thinking it will be ralph/conch/beast - since they havent come up

as long as it is someting to do with violence and its presentation i think i will get 22+ (hopefully)

ryan
Reply 542
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone know who came up in January 2013 FOUNDATION
In of mice and men?

Or the Inspector calls section

thanks
Original post by indigorain
Does anyone have a copy of the January 2013 paper? If not, could anyone tell me the questions for The Crucible and To Kill a Mockingbird (with the passage page numbers)? Thank you so much!

ryanb97 posted the exam paper before but I've attached it here :wink:
Reply 545
Original post by ThatGirlx
Does anyone know who came up in January 2013 FOUNDATION
In of mice and men?

Or the Inspector calls section

thanks

I was asking that as well! But no one replied me and I spent like 2 hours trying to look for it but I couldn't find the paper anywhere
I've just written out a response to a question for Of Mice and Men but I've found that I tend to mention the context anyway when answering Part A...So is it vital that I split the two parts of the question separately or is it okay if I mix them up, since I'm finding the former difficult to do :redface:
Original post by BP_Tranquility
ryanb97 posted the exam paper before but I've attached it here :wink:

Thank you so much both of you :smile:
Original post by cycahm
I was asking that as well! But no one replied me and I spent like 2 hours trying to look for it but I couldn't find the paper anywhere

Oh aw:frown:
Reply 549
Anyone here doing Sunlight on the Grass anthology? Got any ideas which stories will come up? I'm hoping Anil, When the Wasps Drowned, or maybe Compass and Torch. Definitely not 100% Perfect Girl, Darkness Out There or Something Old, Something New.
How are people revising for the Anthology?
Reply 550
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I've just written out a response to a question for Of Mice and Men but I've found that I tend to mention the context anyway when answering Part A...So is it vital that I split the two parts of the question separately or is it okay if I mix them up, since I'm finding the former difficult to do :redface:

I split the two up, personally. I may have different tastes :redface:. But the mark scheme emphasizes that you must be consistent in the two parts of the question. If one part is, blugh, and the other is amazing then you may get marked down simply because of the lack of consistency :s-smilie:
Reply 551
Any predictions on the An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men paper?

I think it'll probably be Slim as he is yet to come up in a past paper, but not sure about AIC, could be anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I NEED help please,i dont know what topic the english lit exam on monday is going to be about?is the the comparision of the anologies of "the moon tide" poetry book? or is it on a indepth study of "of mice and men"????
Original post by ThatGirlx
Couldn't it be Mr Birling too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah maybe but what can they ask though?I know they've already asked about selfishness and how the Birling family represents that and they also included a quote by Mr.Birling.Maybe they could ask how does Priestly present capitalism through Mr.Birling or something like that?But i'll just go through it just incase but my teacher reckons it's Eric since he hasn't come up yet.
Original post by emers1
You get given a clean anthology in the exam which will have all the poems from all the clusters in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey the exam on monday,is the topic on comparing the poems"(anologies booklet) or the indepth study of "of mice and men"(or another book )
?i dont have my timetable so it doesnt say what topic the exam on monday is going to be about......:frown:
Original post by dazzer19

I think it'll probably be Slim as he is yet to come up in a past paper, but not sure about AIC, could be anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think It's Slim too as he does play an important character in the novel since he's portrayed as 'the prince of the ranch' and for Inspector calls I predict it's Eric.
Hi, sorry if it's a bit off topic but I have a question...
In my OMAM novel, they're random unintentional pen marks on the sides of some pages due to general wear...there are also chapter numbers written in pen on the top of each chapter...would this be seen as cheating (marking pages for reference) by an invigilator if they were to flick through my book in the exam?
Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 557
Original post by dazzer19

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure about Slim. I'd like him to come up, but seeing as he's not a 'traditional' worker- he very much goes against the trend- I don't see how they'd get a section (b) out of it.

January 2013- Crooks
June 2012- Curley's Wife
Jan 2012- Bunkhouse/inhabitants, migrant workers.
June 2011- George and Lennie, America in the 1930s
Jan 2011- Candy, society as a whole

I imagine it'll be Curley, or a setting again (the river?) or Natural World, which I've seen a lot of people mention.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 558
Original post by Archillious
hey the exam on monday,is the topic on comparing the poems"(anologies booklet) or the indepth study of "of mice and men"(or another book )
?i dont have my timetable so it doesnt say what topic the exam on monday is going to be about......:frown:

the book on Monday and Poetry on Thursday. You don't need a timetable to know that....
Reply 559
Original post by jay_em
I'm not sure about Slim. I'd like him to come up, but seeing as he's not a 'traditional' worker- he very much goes against the trend- I don't see how they'd get a section (b) out of it.

June 2012- Curley's Wife
Jan 2012- Bunkhouse/inhabitants, migrant workers.
June 2011- George and Lennie, America in the 1930s
Jan 2011- Candy, society as a whole

I imagine it'll be Curley, or a setting again (the river?) or Natural World, which I've seen a lot of people mention.

What about crooks? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest