The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Arsey, sorry if someone already asked this, but around what mark do you think a B would be on this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 501
Original post by Xx4L3x
I think a mark will be lost because the question did state a PERCENTAGE and although a decimal is the equivalent, a decimal is not a percentage

Has there been anything similar in the past?

You could be right but I suspect it will say oe.

2.74% is the same as 2.74/100 that is what percent means. 2.74 = 0.0274.

It would be daft to penalise for leaving it as 0.0274.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 502
Original post by Arsey
I doubt you will lose a mark for either of these

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet, i hope so! Thank you for the mark scheme too!

...and if not, I hope 74 is still full UMS :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 503
For 1d my a value was wrong i did a=110/9-(0.015*7150/9) = 0.284 I forgot the minus with the b value. how many marks would i lose on that question. Part e and f are linked to part d but my answers for e and f are correct. would I gain full marks for these questions. For the rest of the paper i have everything correct :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 504
Original post by JodieW
Arsey, sorry if someone already asked this, but around what mark do you think a B would be on this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were plenty of easy marks so I doubt anyone will have bombed. So prob 7 marks per 10ums. 55 would be my guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arsey
There were plenty of easy marks so I doubt anyone will have bombed. So prob 7 marks per 10ums. 55 would be my guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would 55 be 70 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 506
Original post by Robbie242
According to Arsey's boundaries (not sure if entirely true) 68/75 is roughly bang on 90ums

What do you mean by that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 507
Original post by Razer_M
Sweet, i hope so! Thank you for the mark scheme too!

...and if not, I hope 74 is still full UMS :frown:

omg get out be glad you will get an A !!
Reply 508
WOw I think 59 / 60 / 61 will be an A. A lot of easy marks were lost and many ran out of time
Original post by Arsey

Posted from TSR Mobile

think he means that with the assumption that 62 is an A , then 68 would be 90 UMS. would be quite nice haha , although i still think it'll be around 60 ish for the A
Reply 510
Original post by Arsey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Arsey,
I would like to say your Revision notes for M1 and S1 were awesome! I was wondering if you have notes for C3 and C4? :smile:
Particularly for C4, I don't understand the applied bit of Differentiation and Vectors! :frown:
I would appreciate (and others would too) if you can upload them please thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 511
Original post by Arsey

Posted from TSR Mobile

your spread sheet data suggests that a 62/75 boundary for 80ums corresponds with 90ums being at 68/75 on one of the S1 papers, hence why it may not be true every time
Reply 512
I cannot view your attachment and I cannot see your see your solutions, can you tell me how I can see the solutions for this paper, please help
Hey Arsey, just wanted to know, for the last part of question 1 did you use rounded up values from your regression equation. I say that because you've got the answer as 7.5 (and dear god I wouldn't dream of arguing with you!) and I got 7.9. Would I still get the full marks there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
could we please have a poll on this thread to see how everyone did
Reply 515
Original post by Arsey
You could be right but I suspect it will say oe.

2.74% is the same as 2.74/100 that is what percent means. 2.74 = 0.0274.

It would be daft to penalise for leaving it as 0.0274.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they are looking for the actual % though
For question 1b, I worked out the PMCC using the rounded values from part a instead of the unrounded values. Will I be penalised for it?
Original post by wrestlingfan55
For question 1b, I worked out the PMCC using the rounded values from part a instead of the unrounded values. Will I be penalised for it?

nope - pretty certain the answer you get with that still rounds to -0.95 anyway :smile:
Reply 518
Original post by Lucy_95
I did this! i think it's right because venn diagrams can show probabilities and actual numbers, so if it adds up to 1, then it's fine! i think anyway :P

Cool!! I checked other mark schemes and it doesn't really mention this!!
I did this too!!
Hope we get the marks and Arsey said it okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 519
This thread is so useful
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending