The Student Room Group

What should I do with my step-mother

I lost my mum ages ago and my dad decided he would re marry. He now has a new wife and his wife has a 3 year old son. I don't like Sarah (new wife) She has stupid rules. I feel her rules are stupid so I don't follow some of them. I listen to my dad because he is my dad. She doesn't like it if I don't eat what she makes or if I don't listen to her. If i do something like cuss or anything like that she will be like "Right missy you have earned time in the corner" It is so embaressing being put in the corner that is what she does with her 3 year old. It is such a waste of time. If I move she makes be go back again. She is so annoying. I can't be bothered to spend time with her anymore. If I do something she doesn't like she gets annoyed. My dad keeps going on buisness trips and leaving me with her. What do I do about her? I hate it when she puts me in the corner. I had to sit in the corner earlier today because my brother picked up a bad word from mw. Please help. what do I do about her? I am 13 years old and she is bugging me!
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I was in the same place with my step-mother :frown:

Try talking to your dad about the fact you don't like being treated like a little child. Or try talking to Sarah as a adult, so she'll treat you like you are an adult.

Other than that, you just have to stick with it, try and get along as best you can, and try not to swear in front of the 3 year old.
Reply 2
Original post by aoxa
I was in the same place with my step-mother :frown:

Try talking to your dad about the fact you don't like being treated like a little child. Or try talking to Sarah as a adult, so she'll treat you like you are an adult.

Other than that, you just have to stick with it, try and get along as best you can, and try not to swear in front of the 3 year old.

She is such a pain I mean I am 13. I shouldn't be treated like a little kid! I got angry with my dad as well for being stupid and getting her pregnant and now she is having a baby. I think they are hoping for a boy. I don't want to have to deal with a step-brother and a half-brother
(edited 10 years ago)
If you stop saying bad words then she'll stop putting you in the corner :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by The_Last_Melon
If you stop saying bad words then she'll stop putting you in the corner :tongue:

I thought there was freedom of speech not freedom of speech but if you say bad stuff you go in the corner. She is horrible I get put in the corner for other stuff as well and afterwards I have to apologise. I once had to do it when her stupid sister was over and it was embarressing I am 13 not 3 like her son
Reply 5
just dont go into the corner...?
Reply 6
Original post by kunoichi
just dont go into the corner...?

I have tried getting up and walking away but she makes me go back or will drag me back till I stay there.
Haha is your stepmom supernanny by any chance?
Reply 8
Original post by roar:)
I lost my mum ages ago and my dad decided he would re marry. He now has a new wife and his wife has a 3 year old son. I don't like Sarah (new wife) She has stupid rules. I feel her rules are stupid so I don't follow some of them. I listen to my dad because he is my dad. She doesn't like it if I don't eat what she makes or if I don't listen to her. If i do something like cuss or anything like that she will be like "Right missy you have earned time in the corner" It is so embaressing being put in the corner that is what she does with her 3 year old. It is such a waste of time. If I move she makes be go back again. She is so annoying. I can't be bothered to spend time with her anymore. If I do something she doesn't like she gets annoyed. My dad keeps going on buisness trips and leaving me with her. What do I do about her? I hate it when she puts me in the corner. I had to sit in the corner earlier today because my brother picked up a bad word from mw. Please help. what do I do about her? I am 13 years old and she is bugging me!

I'm 22 and when I'm back from Uni I still have to put up with my Dads gf who just such a misery. I really feel for ya!

I'd say don't waste time talking to your dad about it, talk to her. You're too old to be put in a corner and you should tell her that and point blank refuse it. But you should also have some respect and not use bad language in your fathers house, especially if her child is present.

Also just don't do anything wrong. I know this is probably hard as I'd bet she tries to make you do certain things but you've just got to call her out when you think she's being unreasonable. The thing to do is always keep your cool, if you get angry then she's just gonna keep treating you like a kid.

On top of all this remember that you are 13, you are still very young and a lot of she says is to help you... ahh I'm kidding I bet she's a total bitch! haha
Reply 9
Original post by chelseafan
Haha is your stepmom supernanny by any chance?

haha but no, she does watch that stupid show though. She watches it because of her 3 year old and she wants him to grow up right. She also says I need to learn how to behave and if I can't behave like an adult she will treat me like a child *sigh*
You sound like you have a lot of hatred for her. I think you need to relax and try to avoid conflict.
She is such a pain I mean I am 13. I shouldn't be treated like a little kid! I got angry with my dad as well for being stupid and getting her pregnant and now she is having a baby. I think they are hoping for a boy. I don't want to have to deal with a step-brother and a half-brother

If you want to be treated like an adult you should act like one, and acting like an adult entails taking on board responsibilities and acting maturely. You shouldn't swear around a little kid and you should respect your Dads decisions as he is the adult out of the two of you.
Dealing with a baby in the house is hard but you have to be mature about it or she will treat you like a 3 year-old because you're acting like one
Harsh reality
Reply 12
Original post by Chloe_White
If you want to be treated like an adult you should act like one, and acting like an adult entails taking on board responsibilities and acting maturely. You shouldn't swear around a little kid and you should respect your Dads decisions as he is the adult out of the two of you.
Dealing with a baby in the house is hard but you have to be mature about it or she will treat you like a 3 year-old because you're acting like one
Harsh reality

I DON'T act like a 3 year old. My step brother acts like a 3 year old because he is 3. I don't throw tantrums like he does, It isn't so bad being put in the corner for him because he is little and deserves it when he acts up. I am older and don't deserve it. I am treated like a young child. It bugs me so much
Reply 13
I think 13 is to old to be put in a corner! Maybe having your phone taken away, our not being allowed out, but sitting in the naughty corner?!
I agree with not swearing in front of a 3 year old though, whether it's your brother or some kid in asda, it's not his fault his mum has stupid rules! Maybe do something to show you're more mature like cooking dinner one day, doing some housework or offering to look after her kid while she has a bath or has some friends round? If you want to be treated like an adult you'll have to show her you can act like one!
Dont accept any apples from her....
Reply 15
Original post by Sherlockedd
Dont accept any apples from her....

What do you mean?
What do you mean?

It was a joke... Snow White and the Seven Dwarves??
Reply 17
Original post by Rosewater
I think 13 is to old to be put in a corner! Maybe having your phone taken away, our not being allowed out, but sitting in the naughty corner?!
I agree with not swearing in front of a 3 year old though, whether it's your brother or some kid in asda, it's not his fault his mum has stupid rules! Maybe do something to show you're more mature like cooking dinner one day, doing some housework or offering to look after her kid while she has a bath or has some friends round? If you want to be treated like an adult you'll have to show her you can act like one!

I would never let her have my phone, or anything like that. My dad wont let me go out anywhere unless I have my phone so if she took it I would be so angry!
Reply 18
Original post by Sherlockedd
It was a joke... Snow White and the Seven Dwarves??

Oh I get it now! hehe I won't, I don't really eat anything she makes!
Reply 19
I have tried getting up and walking away but she makes me go back or will drag me back till I stay there.

wow seriously? Thats not right, she shouldnt be allowed to drag you. Have you told your dad that?

I dont know about the situation with your mum, but could you not tell your mum what this woman is doing?

Latest

Trending

Trending