The Student Room Group

Leeds vs Newcastle vs Leicester

Heya!

I have got conditional offers from Leeds (MSc Embedded System Engineering), Newcastle (MSc Wireless Embedded Systems) and Leicester (MSc Embedded Systems and Control). I am totally confused which one to choose. I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out!! :s-smilie:

Leeds tops RAE and the course is IET accredited but the modules seem to concentrate less on software side.

Newcastle is also IET accredited and it tops league tables in job prospects. I liked the modules in this university.

The course at Leicester is not IET accredited and is not a part of Russell Group, while the other two are! The modules are okay i feel.

I am from India and have no chance of visiting the places in person. I am planning to go for a job as i need to pay my student loan. So how is the job opportunities in UK? And which university would put me in a better position? Suggestions welcome!! :smile:
At the end of the day, they are all good courses. However, you should pick somewhere that you think you will feel most comfortable in. Research each city thoroughly and what it has to offer you and what you want from your time as a postgrad here, and pick the most relevant city to you. There's no point spending so much money and coming all the way here and not enjoying yourself.
Reply 2
Original post by insignificant
At the end of the day, they are all good courses. However, you should pick somewhere that you think you will feel most comfortable in. Research each city thoroughly and what it has to offer you and what you want from your time as a postgrad here, and pick the most relevant city to you. There's no point spending so much money and coming all the way here and not enjoying yourself.

Thank u insignificant! My first option is Newcastle, heard the living costs are less and the place is very beautiful...would be nice to get suggestions from people already living in uk! Where are you from and what do you do?
Reply 3
Hey are there enough opportunities in UK once we finish our MS ?
Do the companies in India value a MS degree from U.K.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending