The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alfalimaindia
I've hardly done anything this year. I started off with 4 subjects and then dropped one, I ten dropped modern a few weeks ago because I didn't want to do the dissertation. So all I'm doing now is History and higher geography. I'm so glad I'm good at winging exams. Have fun in biology, after history I have no exams until the 30th. :smile: I'm so glad school is over.

Managed to stick out my four subjects, despite failing my psychology prelim so badly. Not sure why I didn't drop it haha! After biology my exams are 6th and 7th of June, nothing like having exams the day after eachother haha! Me too, cannot wait to start Uni!
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by CarrotReaper
Managed to stick out my four subjects, despite failing my psychology prelim so badly. Not sure why I didn't drop it haha! After biology my exams are 6th and 7th of June, nothing like having exams the day after eachother haha! Me too, cannot wait to start Uni!

I hated psychology, I only took it because it meant I had 3 more free periods a week and it wasn't run by school so it didn't matter if I showed up or not. I don't particularly want to start uni, I just want to move out. :smile:
I hated psychology, I only took it because it meant I had 3 more free periods a week and it wasn't run by school so it didn't matter if I showed up or not. I don't particularly want to start uni, I just want to move out. :smile:

We have a really bad lecturer for psychology like usually I don't like blaming the teachers but she's awful. Oh yeah moving out is gonna be amazing!
We have a really bad lecturer for psychology like usually I don't like blaming the teachers but she's awful. Oh yeah moving out is gonna be amazing!

Ours was pretty bad too, she was from Aberdeen college. All we did was powerpoints and my friends weren't very impressed when they realised the report had to be in and she hadn't properly told them when it was meant to be in. How'd history go?
Reply 184
Original post by shopgirl1818
Hi :smile: My name is Hannah, I'm 19 and from northern Ireland. I confirmed Stirling a few weeks ago and have got a flat in fraser of allander. Studying psychology. Quite excited. Anyone else staying there or doing psychology?

Hey!
I'm staying in Fraser of Allander and I'm studying psychology, as well! :smile:
Which flat are you in? I'm Jana, by the way, 19 (will be 20, when uni starts), from Germany, and so excited to read other people stay in Fraser of Allander, because apparently most first years stay in Muirhead, if they've chosen flats at all!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear back from you :smile:

Edit: Actually, I just remembered something. I posted you a message on facebook :biggrin: I saw your post on the Stirling website and sent you a private message. Mhm, I hope I don't come along as a weird stalker now :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Coja
Hey!
I'm staying in Fraser of Allander and I'm studying psychology, as well! :smile:
Which flat are you in? I'm Jana, by the way, 19 (will be 20, when uni starts), from Germany, and so excited to read other people stay in Fraser of Allander, because apparently most first years stay in Muirhead, if they've chosen flats at all!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear back from you :smile:

Edit: Actually, I just remembered something. I posted you a message on facebook :biggrin: I saw your post on the Stirling website and sent you a private message. Mhm, I hope I don't come along as a weird stalker now :wink:

No you don't haha it's ok! I just checked my Facebook though and I don't have any messages!
Im in flat 1/3/2 :smile: what about yourself?
thats so cool at we're in the same course too! I'm on the iPad so I don't know how to link my Facebook on this but if you look up hannah welshman you'll find me as no one else has my name!
Ours was pretty bad too, she was from Aberdeen college. All we did was powerpoints and my friends weren't very impressed when they realised the report had to be in and she hadn't properly told them when it was meant to be in. How'd history go?

Was her name Sue by any chance? Because this totally sounds exactly like who I had haha! Oh my god not good! From what we've been taught, I could only answer one essay, not even kidding haha! We haven't been over the others enough to write an essay - maybe like a paragraph in an essay but that's all :/ So it meant my Republican essay was about 20 pages cause I just kept adding things haha. Didn't mind the sources, although I couldn't really think of much to add to the Emancipation Proclamation one :tongue: For you?
Was her name Sue by any chance? Because this totally sounds exactly like who I had haha! Oh my god not good! From what we've been taught, I could only answer one essay, not even kidding haha! We haven't been over the others enough to write an essay - maybe like a paragraph in an essay but that's all :/ So it meant my Republican essay was about 20 pages cause I just kept adding things haha. Didn't mind the sources, although I couldn't really think of much to add to the Emancipation Proclamation one :tongue: For you?

I think it was sheena. It was okay, essays were too specific. I could write a bit but not enough for a good essay, I think those questions would have been better off suited to being source ones. I did the western/ Eastern theatre one and the north/south social/ economic decisions. They weren't exactly great. Source questions were okay though. If I pass it will be a very narrow pass. The emancipation proclamation one I just did the source points and a tiny bit of recall and then left. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guyyyys!

I'm Katy, 20, and starting an economics degree in september...not staying in halls though, which is a bit of a downer, i dont know many first years who dont stay in halls....any economics friends on here? :smile:
Reply 189
Original post by american_rachel
sadly not yet :/ kind of sucks but at least it's not long!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it'll be good to start, but I haven't studied in two years so kinda crapping myself. Need to start going through old work and remember how to take notes haha
Original post by AnnaLB1
Yeah it'll be good to start, but I haven't studied in two years so kinda crapping myself. Need to start going through old work and remember how to take notes haha

I'm sure you'll be fine! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 191
Original post by shopgirl1818
No you don't haha it's ok! I just checked my Facebook though and I don't have any messages!
Im in flat 1/3/2 :smile: what about yourself?
thats so cool at we're in the same course too! I'm on the iPad so I don't know how to link my Facebook on this but if you look up hannah welshman you'll find me as no one else has my name!

Mhm, strange, facebook says I did. Anyway, I sent you a friend request, my name is Ja Na and I don't have a picture :wink: I'm going to sent you a message, too, probably easier to talk on facebook. And I'm in flat 1/3/1 :smile:
I think it was sheena. It was okay, essays were too specific. I could write a bit but not enough for a good essay, I think those questions would have been better off suited to being source ones. I did the western/ Eastern theatre one and the north/south social/ economic decisions. They weren't exactly great. Source questions were okay though. If I pass it will be a very narrow pass. The emancipation proclamation one I just did the source points and a tiny bit of recall and then left. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right. The essays were just gross haha. I don't think I could have passed with how little I actually done haha! Oh, Happy birthday! I totally think I failed my biology exam today as well. Just isn't going great for me haha
Reply 193
Original post by alwing
Hey :smile: I'm staying in 1/3/1 too! I'm so glad I've found some people staying in Fraser, I feel a lot less nervous now!

I'm staying in 1/3/1, as well :smile: So glad, to hear people are in Fraser, apparently normally it's not 1st year accommodation, just because some of the other buildings got knocked down. Anyway, what are you studying? :smile:
Reply 194
Original post by Coja
I'm staying in 1/3/1, as well :smile: So glad, to hear people are in Fraser, apparently normally it's not 1st year accommodation, just because some of the other buildings got knocked down. Anyway, what are you studying? :smile:

English Studies :smile: I'm so excited to start!
Reply 195
Original post by alwing
English Studies :smile: I'm so excited to start!

Ha, funny, I just realized that you wrote me an answer in the other Stirling thread, as well :biggrin:
So, it looks like we are three people in the same flat at the moment, at least that I know of :wink:
Reply 196
Original post by Coja
Ha, funny, I just realized that you wrote me an answer in the other Stirling thread, as well :biggrin:
So, it looks like we are three people in the same flat at the moment, at least that I know of :wink:

Yeah :smile: It's difficult to keep track of all these different threads! I'll send you a PM with my facebook, it'll probably be easier to talk on that :P
Original post by Bieldside
I'm already reading the reading material for psychology
Thought i was the only person that crazy :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find what the reading material was?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Original post by Devonlouise
How did you find what the reading material was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They have informatiob about the first year reading material online.

http://www.stir.ac.uk/undergraduate-study/course-information/courses-a-to-z/school-of-natural-sciences/psychology/

The essential text for Year 1 of the course, is:
Psychology (8th edition 2010), £40.99, Gleitman, H., Gross, J., and Reisberg, D., W.W. Norton & Company Ltd. ISBN 978 0 393 11682 3
Original post by Bieldside
They have informatiob about the first year reading material online.

http://www.stir.ac.uk/undergraduate-study/course-information/courses-a-to-z/school-of-natural-sciences/psychology/

The essential text for Year 1 of the course, is:
Psychology (8th edition 2010), £40.99, Gleitman, H., Gross, J., and Reisberg, D., W.W. Norton & Company Ltd. ISBN 978 0 393 11682 3

Ah, cool thanks! 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest