The Student Room Group

OCR psychology research methods

Hi, how is everyone feeling for this exam and any tips? :smile:
Reply 1
Feeling really nervous and not that ready, but got 4 days to prepare so should be alright!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by shyamshah
Feeling really nervous and not that ready, but got 4 days to prepare so should be alright!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have any tips for the 10 mark question?
Reply 3
Original post by random1234567
Do you have any tips for the 10 mark question?

Not really, just practice as much as you can and look at the mark schemes for guidance. The 10 marker is normally always on validity and reliability so make sure you talk about the different types.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Not really, just practice as much as you can and look at the mark schemes for guidance. The 10 marker is normally always on validity and reliability so make sure you talk about the different types.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh okay thanks I hope the exam is pretty straightforward :frown:
Reply 5
ahh okay thanks I hope the exam is pretty straightforward :frown:

Same! Worried about core studies too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Same! Worried about core studies too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg there is so much to remember for core studies do you have any predictions for that?
Reply 7
omg there is so much to remember for core studies do you have any predictions for that?

I don't really like to predict what can come up so not really, although I am pretty sure the studies which came up in January probably will not come up again for section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I don't really like to predict what can come up so not really, although I am pretty sure the studies which came up in January probably will not come up again for section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which studies came up for Jan?
Reply 9
Which studies came up for Jan?

Freud, Rosenham and Thigpen and Cleckley.
Reply 10
Freud, Rosenham and Thigpen and Cleckley.

Oh phew I dont like Thigpen and Cleckley :smile:
Oh phew I dont like Thigpen and Cleckley :smile:

Yeah, its quite a hard study imo. I got over a week to revise for that one exam so hopefully should be prepared for whatever comes up :wink:
Reply 12
Yeah, its quite a hard study imo. I got over a week to revise for that one exam so hopefully should be prepared for whatever comes up :wink:

yeah same im just gonna focus on psychology in that whole week :smile: haha
Can someone explain validity and reliability to me better?! I always get stuck on this! X
yeah same im just gonna focus on psychology in that whole week :smile: haha

Yeah, my motivation might have gone by then but will try and revise as much as I can for core studies. Have you started revising for it?
Reply 15
Yeah, my motivation might have gone by then but will try and revise as much as I can for core studies. Have you started revising for it?

ahh yeah true :frown: and only briefly :colondollar: trying to get my other exams out of the way first how about you?
ahh yeah true :frown: and only briefly :colondollar: trying to get my other exams out of the way first how about you?

Yeah same, Gonna start in half term, hopefully should be enough time to go through everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending