The Student Room Group

AQA to kill a mockingbird

I am doing to kill a mockingbird for my english exam on monday. It is a 300 or so page book.. any tips on how to find quotes and places in the book quickly when i need to in the exam?

other than 'know your book well'
Reply 1
Do you have pride and prejudice as well ?
Reply 2
Original post by Oubay
Do you have pride and prejudice as well ?

No, i'm doing an inspector calls and to kill a mocking bird
Reply 3
well i have something that might help you for tkmb, gimme your email and i will send it to you because am doing Tkmb and P&P on monday as well :P
Reply 4
Original post by Oubay
well i have something that might help you for tkmb, gimme your email and i will send it to you because am doing Tkmb and P&P on monday as well :P

anyway you could message it to me on here please? that would be easier
:-)
Reply 5
you might wanna check your inbox, hope it helps
Reply 6
heya i could really do with some quotes aswell! would really help me out as all i currently know is something to do with climbing into someone elses skin and walking around in it :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by amiralike
heya i could really do with some quotes aswell! would really help me out as all i currently know is something to do with climbing into someone elses skin and walking around in it :tongue:

What do you mean? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by skinny_love
What do you mean? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

any good chapter references for quotes/significant events? :smile: x
Reply 9
Original post by amiralike
any good chapter references for quotes/significant events? :smile: x

Haven't really got chapter references but atticus' speech in the court room is good for most things.. Also walking back from school at the end shows Jem and scouts relationship well.. The house on fire and the blanket shows boo radley aunt Alexandra says a lot about expectations of that era in maycomb.. Attucks shows a lot of respect in all aspects and always refer to the beginning for descriptions or when it is first talked about in the book. Haven't got the book on me so can't do quotes at the moment,sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I am doing to kill a mockingbird for my english exam on monday. It is a 300 or so page book.. any tips on how to find quotes and places in the book quickly when i need to in the exam?

other than 'know your book well'

Not sure if this is a particularly helpful response but you could have a brief skim of each chapter and make a note of the general events that are covered in each.
For example, you could note that chapter 9 covers the arrival of Aunt Alexandra, Uncle Jack and Francis, chapter 10 revolves around shooting Tim Johnson and chapter 11 is about Mrs Dubose (etc etc).

Doing that might help you to remember where to look in the book if you remember the event the quote links to. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Has anyone got any practice questions?
Reply 12
Original post by lofticries
Not sure if this is a particularly helpful response but you could have a brief skim of each chapter and make a note of the general events that are covered in each.
For example, you could note that chapter 9 covers the arrival of Aunt Alexandra, Uncle Jack and Francis, chapter 10 revolves around shooting Tim Johnson and chapter 11 is about Mrs Dubose (etc etc).

Doing that might help you to remember where to look in the book if you remember the event the quote links to. :smile:

Will try it.. Thankyou :smile:
I did this for gcse two years ago now but we were always taught to learn a few quotes relating to each theme off by heart, as looking for quotes in the exam wastes valuable time. It's easier just to learn the main ones, and only use the book as a last resort if you forget something, I remember I only used the book once :smile:
Reply 14
Haven't really got chapter references but atticus' speech in the court room is good for most things.. Also walking back from school at the end shows Jem and scouts relationship well.. The house on fire and the blanket shows boo radley aunt Alexandra says a lot about expectations of that era in maycomb.. Attucks shows a lot of respect in all aspects and always refer to the beginning for descriptions or when it is first talked about in the book. Haven't got the book on me so can't do quotes at the moment,sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile

aah thank you i can use that as my starting point for last minute revision haha x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending