The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
That was good, but confusing.

BRING ON NOVEMBER 23RD

The river storyline is so overdone though.
Original post by scienceisgood
that was super awesome! :d

well, at least we know how the doctor will look when he dies.

tonight was the best episode, i loved it so much
that was really good!!! would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit confused though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1143

Spoiler

Reply 1144
:facepalm: That John Hurt thing at the end was terrible! The actual build up and the reveal was brilliant, the 'Introducing' graphic on the screen was horrible. Who the **** thought that that was a good idea!

The finale was good but it could have been any other episode tbh, it didn't have the feel of a 'finale' mainly because the actual finale of that storyline is going to be the anniversary episode. This was all build up.

Main problem with the episode was Clara wearing tights :sad: Still don't like the Victorian crew and I still find it hard to understand why the Doctor even likes River let alone loves her.
I think John Hurt is a doctor that went power crazy in the time war....ps I love the return of all the old doctors :smile:
Reply 1146
Original post by Iepnauy

Spoiler

I think it was meant to be that Clara saved the 'Doctor' and him alone, with John Hurt likely not having that chosen name (whatever the **** graphic says) is why she would not have met him.
Great episode can't wait though for the anniversary...
Original post by An Ignorant Duck
I'm confused. Who is Clara? What's his greatest secret? That was crap :frown:

She's the impossible girl.

She followed the Great Intelligence into the scar light and split herself into many different fragments into the Doctor's timeline - that's why we saw her in the Dalek Asylum and Victoria London. She saved the Doctor both times. That was her job.

I think his greatest secret is still his name.
Original post by Iepnauy

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Doctor will probably willingly die one day because he himself has stated he has lived "for too long".
(edited 10 years ago)
Confusing nonsense. Like most Moffat stories, really. I miss RTD so much :frown:

Spoiler

Pacing was all the place tbh but I loved it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Would have much rathered if River was Captain Jack, Martha or something instead.
The things I want a little clarified are is Trenzalore literally the leaking Tardis or just the tomb?

Also I may have misheard but didnt Clara say she saw all 11 faces and it was just 1 she didnt recognise so I guess that confirms he did use a regeneration up as 10?
That was great! Cant wait for Nov 23rd!
Totally mind****ed after that episode, literally can't wait till November now.
(edited 10 years ago)
The introducing graphic was stupid as ****. We can tell who John Hurt is without the stupid ****ing film credit graphic,

So is John Hurt a future doctor (possibly the 12th) because the time-stream goes right up to when he dies, so there's bound to be a future doctor regeneration in it.
Reply 1157
Spoiler regarding John Hurt

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1158
Original post by drbluebox
The things I want a little clarified are is Trenzalore literally the leaking Tardis or just the tomb?

Also I may have misheard but didnt Clara say she saw all 11 faces and it was just 1 she didnt recognise so I guess that confirms he did use a regeneration up as 10?

This Doctor is the 11th, she saw all 11 (a bit weird that she never saw the future but whatever). The one she didn't recognise is likely the Doctor under a different name (the John Hurt character).
I am so, so confused, but I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending