The Student Room Group

Betting Discussion (Mark II)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Marriners bats have come hot, and you can get 2/1 on them. Looks a nice price.

Never mind, meat of the indians batting line up coming up and they're on base. Maybe if they close this inning out worth checking the price.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nerd2
All the best mate. You were the first person to introduce me to basketball betting, you will be missed. :frown:

No problem mate.

It was fun betting with you especially during regular season for basketball.

Still remember the bets we were doing on the knicks and winning, when they were on a rampage.

MELLLLLLLLLLO

A tip:

Just stick to what you know with this ****, if you ever find yourself betting and it becomes a chore. Take a step back from it otherwise you will lose money.

My best runs have been when I am having fun, and not outcome oriented.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Diamondbacks - 1.5 @ 21/20
Cardinals -1.5 @ 13/10

Are you doing this as a double?
Reply 183
Original post by jackf1337

I'd imagine not. I almost never do baseball doubles and I know for sure sloane doesn't.
4 losses in a row, not my weekend :frown:
I was debating on cashing out my u2.5 bet in samp/juve, I decided to load a stream and watch the game before deciding whether or not to cash out, but I thought to myself 'whenever I load a stream a team always scores straight away, ruining my bet and then i close the stream', load the stream, corner to samp, I think 'yep this is going in' lo and behold, 2-1 samp.
Original post by ..DT..
I'd imagine not. I almost never do baseball doubles and I know for sure sloane doesn't.

I think I'll do them both as singles. Not sure.
Original post by jackf1337

Nah singles. I like Nationals too but the odds aren't great.
Knicks-Pacers later on this evening. Pacers -5 and Unders are the plays imo. I can't see both teams scoring 90. George Hill is a game time decision but even without him I think Pacers will beat Knicks, what with them being 4-0 at home against them and Knicks generally being a poor road team alongside Melo having an injured shoulder.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by pane123

I hope JamiePango hangs about, maybe he can talk some sense. He admits not to being a big gambler, but seems to grasp all the important concepts, as if it's 2nd nature.

:hat2: Likewise

Quite a few close relatives like to gamble, so I was exposed to betting from a young age. Having to watch a football match with about 6 breaks in between because "the horse racing is on" wasn't too fun :tongue: Having only started earlier this year, I feel I have only touched the surface and it will take a while yet before I become fully versed to the fundamentals of betting.

Also to those that have exams, resist the temptation to bet whilst you're revising. Both will suffer, and most of us here are guys and we're not renowned for multitasking :biggrin:
On American sites they use -1 on the run line instead of -1.5, it's the same right? As in the team needs to win by 2 runs either way.
On American sites they use -1 on the run line instead of -1.5, it's the same right? As in the team needs to win by 2 runs either way.

-1 means that if they win by 1 your bet is void. And you get your stake back.

-1.5 means that if they win by 1 you lose the bet as you have lost it by half a point.
Original post by fat_hobbit
-1 means that if they win by 1 your bet is void. And you get your stake back.

-1.5 means that if they win by 1 you lose the bet as you have lost it by half a point.

So you need them to win by 2 runs effectively. That seems risky to me tbh. Cheers for the info.
Has anyone watched the Bryan brothers' doubles match against Mirnyi-Tecau? I don't understand how the final set finished 10-3.
Reply 194
Original post by DP-LCFC
There's no system to beat the bookie, people can get lucky and beat the bookie but the majority dont that's why bookies are so successful. Anyone that thinks they have a system to beat the bookie is simply lying.

In fairness, not one of us has claimed to have a system.

Unless hard work and careful thought is a system. I have criticised a lot of bets because of the markets they are in, but that's not to say the bets don't have any thought behind them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
Original post by sonic_dream
Has anyone watched the Bryan brothers' doubles match against Mirnyi-Tecau? I don't understand how the final set finished 10-3.

Google 'super tie break'. It's a relatively thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pane123
Google 'super tie break'. It's a relatively thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never knew that, thanks!
Pacers-Knicks

George Hill is playing, therefore the line is increasing. Glad I took them at -4.5.
Pacers-Knicks

George Hill is playing, therefore the line is increasing. Glad I took them at -4.5.

Are you betting on Spurs-Grizzlies? That's a tough one.

EDIT: Never mind that match for now. Didn't realise it's not on till tomorrow eve.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 199
There's a hell of a lot to go through here, and I don't know how much use most of it will be, but I thought I'd share this:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwV2E_dhEz8GUGZaUExNMlVjMG8/edit

Quick Reply

Latest