The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

The Great Intelligence was "killed" by scattering himself and dividing himself 1 million times across The Doctor's timeline as the Great Intelligence stated "It will kill me, but destroy you Doctor".
Clara intended on sacrificing herself for the Doctor in order to rewrite the Great Intelligence's wrongs on The Doctor's past. Basically rewriting the rewrite. The Doctor went into the LAST POSSIBLE version of Clara before she would have been atomised in the TARDIS' scar tissue in the universe.
Original post by Farmerboy521
What if the Doctor was someone else prior the Doctor years? What if John Hurt was "the Doctor's name," did something terrible and then he became the Doctor - one regeneration gone which is why Clara didn't see him in the timeline!

My thoughts anyway :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm...

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kagutsuchi
My speculation is associated with a spoiler.

The spoiler is to do with John Hurt

Spoiler

Better safe than sorry.

Spoiler

hasn't been confirmed anywhere has it?

(spoilered the thing just in case it has been confirmed)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Best I can think of.

There's the possibility Matt is the last Doctor - therefore, Clara can't have seen any other Doctors because there aren't any more.

Spoiler

Now. Where is that 50th clip we were promised?
Original post by StephenNaulls
John Hurt is the name of the actor, it isn't the Doctor's name. Well, I'm fairly sure it isn't his name anyway, that would be pretty poor.

It would be! I meant what if John Hurt is the Doctor but before he was the Doctor? He could have changed massively and became he Doctor after the first regeneration, the same guy just not the Doctor, which is why Clara didn't see him in the Doctor's timeline.

Speculation I know but it's plausible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's the possibility Matt is the last Doctor - therefore, Clara can't have seen any other Doctors because there aren't any more.

Going by previous times though, it is politics as to why Timelords only have 12 regenerations. The Master if he had helped the Doctor, he would have been given a whole new 12 regeneration cycles, however, where had hadn't he was only given an extra 2.

Also, I think Rassilon had an infinite number of regenerations given his position in the timelord hireachy.

EDIT:
Otherwise, timelords would be immortal which as stated by previous characters, everything has to die.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
That's a really interesting interpretation of it!

It wasn't a spoiler because the speculation didn't use any info that wasn't in this episode. :tongue:

Okiedokes - I've removed the spoiler tag - I just thought it was associated with the spoiler of who John Hurt played.

Okay, this one is definitely a spoiler about John Hurt's Doctor:

Spoiler

That was a very very good episode.

Matt really is better at writing one-offs than entire series.

And new Doctor :biggrin:
Original post by Mr.Messy

Spoiler

Now. Where is that 50th clip we were promised?

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by The Mad Dog

Spoiler

hasn't been confirmed anywhere has it?

(spoilered the thing just in case it has been confirmed)

Hurt

Spoiler

UNLESS HE'S A LYING DALEK!
The Great Intelligence was there to turn The Doctor's victories into defeats destroying literally 99% of the universe as a result. The last version of The Doctor hadn't done anything as, I am assuming the ripple affect couldn't reach that far due to him being dead up until that point.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Going by previous times though, it is politics as to why Timelords only have 12 regenerations. The Master if he had helped the Doctor, he would have been given a whole new 12 regeneration cycles, however, where had hadn't he was only given an extra 2.

Also, I think Rassilon had an infinite number of regenerations given his position in the timelord hireachy.

EDIT:
Otherwise, timelords would be immortal which as stated by previous characters, everything has to die.

Really? I thought the whole 12 regeneration thing was a biological imperative.

So what happened in Gallifrey at the end on the end of the 13th incarnation? Would the time lord attempt to regenerate, then die/executed? :s-smilie:
I think Jon Hurt Doctor kills River Song.
Actually, I know I've been moaning about it on this thread, but now I've decided I really enjoyed that episode :smile:
Really? I thought the whole 12 regeneration thing was a biological imperative.

So what happened in Gallifrey at the end on the end of the 13th incarnation? Would the time lord attempt to regenerate, then die/executed? :s-smilie:

I am assuming the timelords had to log all their regenerations and once the reached number 12, they removed their ability to regenerate possibly through the use of a virus with a vector to remove the regeneration gene (A level bio ftw!) meaning they die a natural death.

If they hadn't logged their regenerations, I am assuming they would have been executed on the spot or something.

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1237
Why did they cancel doctor who confidential? We wouldn't have many of these confused people on this Earth
Original post by Cnuofesd

That's a bit messed up.
Original post by Cnuofesd

River song already died....

Quick Reply

Latest