The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
I'm watching anime on 1.5-2x speed. Is that just me? I can easily keep up with the subs, and it feels like a waste of time to watch a full episode tbh, just increasing my anime per hour xD

I did that for a couple of anime series during my 'must not drop anything, no matter how bad it is' phase. :p: Not sure I could have sat through Combustible Campus Guardress or Nuku Nuku TV without doing so!

Its not something I'd do for a series I like though, even if it means I can watch more anime in less time - for me, music and voices (even if I can't understand them without subs :p:) are as important as the plot, and you can't appreciate them at double speed and higher pitch. :no: I might sometimes skip the opening and ending themes to save time and get straight back to the story, but even then there are some themes too good to skip. :giggle:
(edited 10 years ago)
Might do a mini marathon event after my last exam and see how much random stuff I can get through in a day :colone:
What do you guys think makes a good anime? I've shared Sword Art Online with my friends - they all say it's really good but I think it's quite overrated :/
Original post by Bude8
What do you guys think makes a good anime? I've shared Sword Art Online with my friends - they all say it's really good but I think it's quite overrated :/

Depends though, reason why a lot of people like me loved it because it was related to us, as it had the gaming atmosphere, say if an anime related to a really popular topic came up the same would happen...

Anyway a good anime will have a good bit of romance in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CosmicVengeance
Depends though, reason why a lot of people like me loved it because it was related to us, as it had the gaming atmosphere, say if an anime related to a really popular topic came up the same would happen...

Anyway a good anime will have a good bit of romance in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think a bit of romance is good, but any more than that just makes it too cheesy
Reply 4545
I'm really looking forward to my exams finishing. I have a list of animes to devour through :colone:
Watch hataraku maou sama, its my fav this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
I think a bit of romance is good, but any more than that just makes it too cheesy

Everyone loves a bit of cheese every now and then :wink: Romance is a good addition to most stories though.

Original post by priya8D
I'm really looking forward to my exams finishing. I have a list of animes to devour through :colone:

Whats on the list? :biggrin:
qtest avi evr
that tower scene in ep 17 of Mirai Niikki, epic :cry2: and right at the end there :colone:

oh man ep 18, finally crossed that line :teeth:

start of ep 19, slight time skip there :lolwut:

Spoiler

ep 20

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
k my custom Chrome Theme is op
Reply 4551
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Whats on the list? :biggrin:

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (I've watched some but I want to do a marathon :biggrin:)
Clannad, Fate Zero, One Piece, the list goes on! I'm so behind :colondollar:
Reply 4552
I'm so glad my course doesn't have exams, although that means I can't slack at all throughout the year. I don't have to slow down at this time of year :smile:

I'm kind of getting sick of the Naruto fillers too, it's not like it's close to the manga anymore.

As for what makes a good anime? In my eyes it needs to have an excellent story line, the way the story is told and set out can differ depending on the genre and director etc. But it needs to be either gripping or moving, you neef to either be able to fantasize or relate. I need the visuals to be at least average but if we are talking best of the best then the visuals should be beautiful, SAO has been one of the recent ones with great visuals and many of the ghibli films also have them.

I hate anime that either leave things unfinished or rush through character or story development just to get to the end. There needs to be a balance and not many anime with the potential ever manage it.

It all depends on a persons preferance really, it's the same with games. I prefer them to have great storys and visual and at least good gameplay whereas a lot of people prefer great multi player gameplay.
Anyone else completely obsessed with Shingeki no Kyojin? :woo:

I cannot withstand the pain of having to wait for monthly manga updates :angry:
Original post by R4INBOW

Yeh I started the manga before, but if you want some good mangas then try these:
Soul Eater- Epic fighting and funny
Deadman Wonderland( not complete, author broke his/her hand or something lol)
Kuroko No Basket-EPIC Basketball

just post for me buddy
Edit: Saw you are a girl, so sorry if buddy doesn't make sense lol.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by R4INBOW

I was at first, but ive read the manga inb4 sao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by priya8D
Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (I've watched some but I want to do a marathon :biggrin:)
Clannad, Fate Zero, One Piece, the list goes on! I'm so behind :colondollar:

Get that list moving :biggrin: i've stalled everything at the moment until the last exam on tuesday, i'm already at breaking point :frown:
Marathons are fun, I prefer marathoning stuff rather than weekly watching tbh.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4558
Original post by R4INBOW

No, but I have been following it for just over 2 years now, so I'm way past the honey moon phase of fandom. And trust me when I say that the monthly updates for SnK are nowhere near as bad as the waits between chapters for other manga out there.

Personally, I'm still a bit picky about the anime itself. As an adaptation, they're doing pretty well with it. The lack of animation is still somewhat annoying, but it was nice to see some decent scenes in the most recent episode, especially the final one. Still way too many stills for my liking. The fantastic OST does help make up for it.

Now to catch-up with Henneko and Oreimo.

Original post by Shoegazer92

Spoiler

The anime has followed the manga to a tee so far. I'd figured it'd have an anime original before it aired, but based on Blu-Ray and DVD pre-orders and predicted sales in Japan, it's likely to get a second season, most likely another 2 cour season, at that.

As for Oreimo, you're in for a bit of fun over the next few episodes. Personally, I'm [not] looking forward to seeing how the light novels are resolved as the final book is out soon.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4559
Episode 7 of Attack on Titan...I just...I can't...WHAT

Posted from TSR Mobile