The Student Room Group

Bank Of England says recovery is in sight! Do you agree.

Poll

Do you believe the economy is recovering?

I'm surprised this has not been mentioned yet but Mervyn King has said that recovery is in sight and the banks predictions back this suggesting that the economy will grow by 0.5% in Q2 with growth of over 1% this year and 2% by 2016..

I personally would like to agree with him, business confidence is at its highest since Q3 2010, the association of accountants is predicting Q2 growth of 0.6% and the number of job vacancies is high at over 500,000 with the job creation index very high at 59.0.

Link to an article...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10059111/Sir-Mervyn-King-and-economists-see-UK-on-the-cusp-of-recovery.-Do-you-agree.html

I also decided to take a poll to get the sentiment on TSR.

My personal experience i would add is skewed by the fact that i have experience, Leeds is a big city and i've only applied for menial jobs but i've had several interviews over the past year after a run of struggling to get any so i'd say the local economy here may have turned a corner in Q2 2012.
Fully agree. We've had problems, those problems were compounded by sensationalist news story's predicting the end of the world. Those news stories impacted on confidence which stopped investment.

Confidence is coming back as people have always had the money to spend, but just not wanted to spend it just in case.
Let's party. Coke and whores all round.
Reply 3
Original post by thunder_chunky
Let's party. Coke and whores all round.

I only drink pepsi :/
2% growth by 2016 is a pretty crap recovery, we went into this mess in 2008.
Original post by The Mad Dog
2% growth by 2016 is a pretty crap recovery, we went into this mess in 2008.

It was a very big mess on a global scale.

I think people will look ad at the hard times and realise that it wasn't that hard after all.
Reply 6
Reply 7
Putting it in here but it looks like the UK will definitely stay out of recession in Q2 and probably see GDP pick up. UK manufacturing, construction and service PMI was all above forecast and all positive (service PMI was actually 54.9) for May following positive data in April.
Reply 8
The Tories will so change that, won't they :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending