The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by rmhumphries
Watching a TV show atm. Just looking forward to a couple of months from now, when going to be living with one of my best friends, and one of our friends.

That's sounds cool :smile: what are you watching ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am a terrible terrible friend. i don't deserve to have friends.

a close friend here at uni is having a pretty **** time of it, and some of it came spilling out tonight.

part of me was really shocked and wanted to comfort her. the other part was feeling 'well, you're not the only one with problems'.

this is somebody with complex medical needs and a history that means she deserves to have people rally around her and love her and support her, whereas i have no such history and so don't deserve any of that, and have no right to complain about how i feel.

i feel so ashamed of myself :sigh: tonight is not going to be a good night.
Original post by SirHas
That's sounds cool :smile: what are you watching ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Buffy the vampire slayer,
Reply 883
Buffy the vampire slayer,

No way do they still show that? That's so old school. 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
No way do they still show that? That's so old school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure if it is still on TV, I have it on one of my hard drives :tongue:
Reply 885
Not sure if it is still on TV, I have it on one of my hard drives :tongue:

I grew up on that show man!!! Do you think buffy has turned into a vampire now? Lol she must be like 100yrs old

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirHas
I grew up on that show man!!! Do you think buffy has turned into a vampire now? Lol she must be like 100yrs old

Posted from TSR Mobile

It finished in 2002, so only 10 years ago :tongue: Pretty sure Buffy is still alive, or would have died before becoming a vamp.
Hello everyone. I've been depressed for nearly 4 years. It started because of a series of unfortunate events that left me unhappy for days on end. I don't think what exactly happened is particularly important. Then I guess my brain got used to feeling sad and now I feel depressed for no good reason.

Being depressed is not like being sad. Sadness is an emotion. I don't feel any emotions. Instead I feel hopeless, maybe like there was a dementor inside the room that only I could sense. I don't think any of my friends would have been able to understand this. They seem so happy. So I faked emotions just to fit in.

Two months ago I decided to get help. My GP asked me to exercise and try an online CBT course (moodgym) which I learnt a lot from. Also I've been on 20mg of Citalopram for a month. Since then I've completely lost interest interest in girls. My mood started to change just like the weather. On most days I feel really depressed as usual but at other times I feel my ability to feel happy slowly (incredibly slowly) come back to me after all this time.

Antidepressants don't actually make you happy- like MDMA or heroin would- It simply allows you to feel happy. So taking antidepressants is only the first step. It's helpful to have friends who are fun to be around, maybe try petting animals (works for me) and go for a run in the outdoors.

From CBT I learnt that there could be a Jo who is in the same situations as you are but is not depressed because he thinks in a different way.

1. A friend ignores you when they walk past you. You might think it's because no one really likes you. Jo thinks that his friend must have been preoccupied.

2. You are on your way to meet you friends and your car overheats. You might think that it's 'just your luck' and this kind of thing always happens to you. Jo thinks that it could have happened to anybody and makes plans to catch up with his friends later.

Exercise was a tougher to start on. Swallowing pills and following a course online didn't seem too hard. But once I got past the first coupe of weeks of having to drag myself outside, I began look forward to that warm glow of tiredness that lasts awhile after your run.

So there is CBT, antidepressants, exercise, counselling, mindfulness- whatever combination you choose, stick with it and give it all you have. This battle can be won and there is a light at the end of the tunnel :^_^:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 888
It finished in 2002, so only 10 years ago :tongue: Pretty sure Buffy is still alive, or would have died before becoming a vamp.

Yeah true I don't think she will let it get that far lol!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive not been awfully anxious for about 2 days now and have been feeling a bit happier also (: I don't think this is going to last for very long though especially with exams over the next few weeks. Think the weather has definitely helped with my mood as has been lovely and sunny :smile: still planning to go to the doctors though if I can muster up the courage
I'll reply to quotes soon and hugs to everyone who's struggling at the mo.

I actually have no place here, there is literally nothing for me, I'm an absolute freak and a burden and everyone thinks so, I just wish I knew why I repulse people so much. I can't even talk to people properly or look them in the eye anymore because I'm not even worthy. I actually have no purpose, I'm pointless

I Csnt do this, my life is a joke, I'm a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 891
Original post by FuzzySheep

I actually have no place here, there is literally nothing for me, I'm an absolute freak and a burden and everyone thinks so, I just wish I knew why I repulse people so much. I can't even talk to people properly or look them in the eye anymore because I'm not even worthy. I actually have no purpose, I'm pointless

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun :jumphug: None of that is true, whatsoever! You're most certainly not a freak, or a burden :console: You are lovely, compassionate and kind. You are not pointless and you are worthy of everything good in life :hugs: I promise you, you CAN do this. You can. Has anything triggered these feelings? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 892
Woke up at 5am. Done nothing but mope and be empty. But this has to be a productive day. I WILL get dressed, I WILL revise, I WILL go out. I have to do this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that were a fun night :facepalm: 2 flashbacks in one day isn't great :frown: thanks to deyesy for being there for me though :yep: went to sleep at like 3 and I'm already awake :s-smilie: my life is so messed up :/

I can't do this :cry2: I'm struggling so much and I just want to give up.. I don't even know what's keeping me going :s-smilie: I can't stay here much longer cause everyday being here is like a little bit of me dies inside. It sucks being here it really does. There's just too many memories here for me to handle :/ I'm sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 894
Original post by FuzzySheep

Posted from TSR Mobile

The words Fuzzysheep and freak do not appear in the same sentence :yep :. It is them that have a problem, not you. You can do this! :smile: How long do you have left in Bristol? :lovehug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 895
Tired. It's kind of my fault as well, because I've been doing behaviour which isn't very healthy (for most people it would be fine so I'm not sure if it explicitly counts as self harm, but in conjunction with my physical health problems it's not good at all really). So it's not surprising that I'm waking up feeling unrested. Feel like it should really be easier to get a grip on myself and look after my health, but it's so hard to do when I just don't care that much and it takes so much effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 896
Struggling to see the point, tbh
Original post by asdfgah
Tired. It's kind of my fault as well, because I've been doing behaviour which isn't very healthy (for most people it would be fine so I'm not sure if it explicitly counts as self harm, but in conjunction with my physical health problems it's not good at all really). So it's not surprising that I'm waking up feeling unrested. Feel like it should really be easier to get a grip on myself and look after my health, but it's so hard to do when I just don't care that much and it takes so much effort.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 08batee
Struggling to see the point, tbh

Big hugs to both my fave MHSS ladies :jumphug: :penguinhug: :console: I'll be on Facebook chat and Skype later on (going out for lunch with mum. Gonna suggest a Brazilian steakhouse :colone: ) :yes:
Original post by SirHas

Posted from TSR Mobile

did Buffy die in the last episode?
Reply 899
Original post by emobambam
did Buffy die in the last episode?

Yeah she scarifies herself to save the world, kinda strange how I still remember it lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest