The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
It is not the end of the world if you have no idea what the unseen poem is about. I completely freaked out and I came out the exam and everyone interpreted the poem in the same way, except me. I had no clue literally. If you support your points with quotations, elaborate, explain, evaluate (link to question) then you will be good
I'm doing Of Mice and Men, Inspector calls and for Poetry I'm doing the relationship cluster. I was gutted to hear that A Farmer's bride was used in January, it's my favourite one. Fingers crossed for To His Coy Mistress.
Reply 842
Original post by gomg
I did the exam in January and the poems which came up were The Farmer's Bride and Hour, so not those two probably

I am looking Sonnet 43, to his coy mistress and ghazal.:smile:
Reply 843
Does anyone have any practice questions for AIC and OMAM? For topics that may come up?
Reply 844
Am doing tkamb.macbeth..pride and prejudice and sunlight in the grass.. Am soo scared for Macbeth..
Reply 845
Hi all,
I'm new here, and I thought this was the best place to ask this.
I've just had a look at the previous years' grade boundaries for this exam, and they seem really low…
Apparently January's exam saw 49/68 as an A* (72%!). This is 24.5/34 for each section! My teachers have all been saying we need to get about 27/30 (+ SPAG marks) for an A*, and they seem to mark harshly too! I'm on track for that target, but looking at the standard of some of the examples posted on here and the marks given, it's left me really confused as to what's going on here - do AQA examiners mark even harsher than I thought, or is an A* actually more easily achievable?
Thanks,
BL
Reply 846
Anyone got any help on on nature, light and natural surroundings in OMAM?

Thanks.

Those who do The Crucible, it looks like it'll be Danforth, right? Could it be the Putnams :confused:
Would the barn come up in mice and men or no?I'm certain natural setting will come up since I don't see how there can be section b on Slim?
Original post by Jack59
Anyone got any help on on nature, light and natural surroundings in OMAM?

Thanks.

Those who do The Crucible, it looks like it'll be Danforth, right? Could it be the Putnams :confused:

hopefully it is the Putnams :crossedf:

and i dont think it will be Danforth, he was done a couple of years ago i think, unless they decide to do it again

i think it may be a question on a theme, maybe justice?
Original post by 344302
If you are doing Moon on the Tides - Relationships.
I have attached an excellent resource. I used this last year and I scored almost full marks 52/54 raw marks? If I remember
correctly!

I GUARANTEE YOU THIS WILL PUSH YOU OVER THE NEXT GRADE BOUNDARY

I sat the exam Jan 2012, scored very high. Why? My teacher told me to just literally, memorise a few of the points. Even if you don't know one extremely well, it doesn't matter if your analysis is focused more on on poem. As long as you are comparing all the way throughout and maintaining good structure, linking one point with the next etc, you are good to go! I apologise for leaving it so late, people have been messaging me and asking me to email it to them, I didn't get a chance to because I've been busy with A level revisionl! Better late than never though! I really hope you make good use out of it and share it with your friends. I would also like to add, GOODLUCK!!

I have my exam script/paper from the actual exam too! So I will post that if you want it, but I'm not sure how useful that would be because my handwriting is awful!
If I get time before the exam I will post it, if you think it might be useful, I did harmonium and praise song.

Thank you so much!!
Original post by Olympiad
I think so yeah:smile:

Ok cool thanks could you tell me how to find it please? :smile:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Ok cool thanks could you tell me how to find it please? :smile:

You see for the OMAM part in the test tomorrow, does AQA publish a list of possible themes that can come up or is it random?:s-smilie:
Original post by Elm Tree
You see for the OMAM part in the test tomorrow, does AQA publish a list of possible themes that can come up or is it random?:s-smilie:

Judging by all the debating on here, I don't think so! I think it's just random :s-smilie:
Can someone please tell me how do you evaluate? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh guys a quick question for Of mice and men: Is it possible to link ideas in a setting with other ideas in a different setting, even if it isn't asked in the question and as long as it answers the question?

I'd be very grateful if someone answered this! :frown:
I'd be very grateful if someone answered this! :frown:

Yes you can do that - especially as part b asks you to look at the whole novel
But I'd be careful with that - you wouldn't want to end up basing most of your answer on other settings ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatGirlx
Yes you can do that - especially as part b asks you to look at the whole novel
But I'd be careful with that - you wouldn't want to end up basing most of your answer on other settings ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Don't worry I won't :smile: I've just noticed your question about evaluating- I think this is when you make a 'theory' on what the reader might usually think about something, and then in your analysis you say whether the language/point made agrees or contradicts with what the reader might usually think. Hope it helps, I'm not sure if it's the real definition :redface:
:shoot:
Me----------Eng Lit
Original post by Elm Tree
:shoot:
Me----------Eng Lit

Lol :smile:
Reply 859
just started revising I have sunlight on the grass anthology and to kill a mocking bird but I think i'll be okay...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending