The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeneralOJB
Find the resistance of the voltmeter.

These are harder circuit questions to help you btw, I can do em :wink:

You seem a little smug about being able to answer simple physics questions. :tongue:
Reply 341
Original post by Sinsevenln
You seem a little smug about being able to answer simple physics questions. :tongue:

Not really, just making sure nobody thinks I'm asking for help with them.
Original post by GeneralOJB
Not really, just making sure nobody thinks I'm asking for help with them.

don't suppose you have some answers?

Need to make sure I'm doing it right :smile:
I'm predicting that the 6 marker (might) be about superconductivity? But there's not a whole load to write about on that D:
Reply 344
Original post by Sinsevenln
I'm predicting that the 6 marker (might) be about superconductivity? But there's not a whole load to write about on that D:

No way there's less than a paragraph in the aqa text book they couldn't legitimately set it .

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm feeling a 6 marker on calculating emf and internal resistance,anybody else?
Original post by BenChard

First 3 6 markers were the photoelectric effect, next 3 were circuits, 7th was oscilloscope. Now this is unlikely but if history repeats itself, we should get another oscilloscope but I doubt it.

Hopefully it's circuits.
Reply 347

Maybe, but you can just plug an ohmmeter across a battery. And then a voltmeter. I'm not sure how you would structure the answer with a experiment that involves the typical things like taking multiple results and drawing a graph etc

I don't think I'd get the marks for ' put a voltmeter in parallel record end put ohmmeter in parallel record answer'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
Maybe, but you can just plug an ohmmeter across a battery. And then a voltmeter. I'm not sure how you would structure the answer with a experiment that involves the typical things like taking multiple results and drawing a graph etc

I don't think I'd get the marks for ' put a voltmeter in parallel record end put ohmmeter in parallel record answer'

Posted from TSR Mobile

check out the last page on here..

http://www.mattsrevision.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Physics-Unit-1-Revision-Notes.pdf
For Jan 2013 I dont understand how they did 7b(iii)? Thanks.
Original post by pilotluke1
For Jan 2013 I dont understand how they did 7b(iii)? Thanks.

in series circuits, voltage splits.

you have the lamp taking 12v and on 7bii you worked out EACH wire to take 2.04 volts.

12+2.04+2.04= 16.08

good luck tomorrow
Reply 351
I've got a strange feeling that a graph of frequency vs maximum kinetic energy may come up tomorrow, the graph is in our books.
I think they may ask about the graph, i.e. how to calculate the work function (y intercept), the threshold frequency (x intercept) etc etc. I don't think the graph has come up before, and I know they like to add something new every year..
is there a specific number of significant figures to answer in when not stated in the question?
in series circuits, voltage splits.

you have the lamp taking 12v and on 7bii you worked out EACH wire to take 2.04 volts.

12+2.04+2.04= 16.08

good luck tomorrow

yes! I was trying to use the formula! Thanks very much, and you.
Original post by Bixel
I've got a strange feeling that a graph of frequency vs maximum kinetic energy may come up tomorrow, the graph is in our books.
I think they may ask about the graph, i.e. how to calculate the work function (y intercept), the threshold frequency (x intercept) etc etc. I don't think the graph has come up before, and I know they like to add something new every year..

that is quite possible although how would they relate it to repeats like usual?
Hi, I'm in year eleven, and I'll be with AQA for Physics next year.

Does anyone have any websites with which I can look at and learn content?
Original post by StalkeR47
Hello Sophie. I am done for now lol. I just did a question on diode and posted my question with all the solutions for Jimmy. And now he is already offline. My attachment is up there. Anyway, whu? How was your maths exam the day before yesterday. I even posted the same question on the last post.:rolleyes:

Hey xD
Oh I see :L
The maths exam went okay, I'm aware that I made some mistakes on question 6 and the fence question, but otherwise it went well, I think! How did you find the paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how to do q6b on jan 13?
Reply 358
I am really not looking forward to the exam tomorrow - all year I've found unit 2 to be significantly easier for me, but particle physics still has not clocked with me. I personally hope they start the paper without intimidating with a mass of particle questions, followed by just a couple of electricity. I definitely think tomorrow's paper is going to throw away any trends so far.
Original post by Bixel

The graph has come up before in Jan 09, but they did not ask us to calculate anything using the graph. I think all they asked was what would be the gradient of the graph (planks constant) and asked us to draw a line to show a metal with a lower threshold frequency.

But you never know they may ask it, so just go over it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending