The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
What characters have already appeared for An Inspector Calls?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
What do you mean by natural setting? Similar to the bunkhouse question?

Similar, but I'm guessing it will be on the opening and end scenes, near the river. It'd be quite good for close language analysis, but maybe not for context
Reply 922
How do you talk about the "effect on the audience"?
Reply 923
Original post by andersson
EVERYONE WORRIED ABOUT OMAM NATURAL SETTING, HERE'S SOMETHING REALLY USEFUL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majOORVCPFQ

People have been thinking it's possible this will come up, in which case you need to know what you're going to write about or else you're going to be panicking in the exam.

brilliant. Thank you so much.:smile:
Original post by Hassyk
How do you talk about the "effect on the audience"?

Think of the writers intentions, and how they want the reader / audience to feel. For example, it could be sympathy.
Reply 925
Original post by Alleykat606
Moon on the Tides - conflict

Of Mice and Men
An Inspector Calls...

....anyone else? :smile:

im doing an inspector calls and of mice and men
do you have any ideas of what might come up?
Original post by ryanb97
well done! - hopefully i will get one hehe :colondollar:

oh wow.. i personally wouldnt have picked the setting question - when i did it i did the violence question.. it seemed a bit more varied
im personally thinking it will be ralph/conch/beast - since they havent come up

as long as it is someting to do with violence and its presentation i think i will get 22+ (hopefully)

ryan

I hope you get one too! It seems like you've got some pretty good ideas so it's not impossible! I think the conch could be pretty good for you and your violence, because it stands for democracy and the lack and failure of it on the island. Well, good luck anyways xD
Reply 927
Has anyone got an exemplar piece of work?
Reply 928
Original post by lilacwanda28
I hope you get one too! It seems like you've got some pretty good ideas so it's not impossible! I think the conch could be pretty good for you and your violence, because it stands for democracy and the lack and failure of it on the island. Well, good luck anyways xD

yeah i think a person (me) could just learn about 12-15 good points and universally use them for all the question..so in that sense it isnt too hard :biggrin:

are you doing lit at a/as-level??

Ryan
Anyone got any resources on Ralph for Lord of the Flies?
Reply 930
could someone please link me with some useful WIB notes / videos, there isnt much revision stuff online:frown:
Would anybody be interested in having a skype call to revise Lord of the Flies / Of Mice and Men and find key quotes? if we find a few people, it could be very useful!
Reply 932
Original post by chatty
brilliant. Thank you so much.:smile:

You're very welcome. :smile:
Original post by jack97
could someone please link me with some useful WIB notes / videos, there isnt much revision stuff online:frown:

I'm not doing WIB but I looked it up on Shmoop which is a very useful website :wink: -
http://www.shmoop.com/woman-in-black/
Reply 934
I'm certain last year they must of had an indication that Curleys wife could come up, as she hadn't, therefore, I assume that people like us were saying ''Curleys wife, Slim or Curley could come up, they haven't yet.'' - Curleys wife did come up.

Aside from minor characters, it is only Slim or Curley that hasn't come up, i'd guess that Slim is more likely as he came up on foundation 2013.

The last two June characters have been Crooks and Curleys wife, two quite easy characers, and a setting has not yet been used for a June exam. Read into that what you will.
Which exam goes first, Om&m and short stories or the poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emah123
im doing an inspector calls and of mice and men
do you have any ideas of what might come up?

Our teacher is guessing for OMaM something a bit more theme-based e.g. the american dream, the itinerant worker etc. rather than a character-based question. Another teacher suggested a more minor character might come up (though I'm a bit doubtful on this one) such as Slim or Curley

For An Inspector Calls its possible that any character may come up so I'd just go over every character in detail
Gerald has come up right? / AIC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 938
Original post by Alleykat606
Our teacher is guessing for OMaM something a bit more theme-based e.g. the american dream, the itinerant worker etc. rather than a character-based question. Another teacher suggested a more minor character might come up (though I'm a bit doubtful on this one) such as Slim or Curley

For An Inspector Calls its possible that any character may come up so I'd just go over every character in detail

do you have any links to sample essays on slim and curley? thank you
Reply 939
tbh i dont care what comes up .. as long as it isnt carlson... or candy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending