The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When he heard from a United player that Van Persie was joining he bet £4k, now he's apparently heard from the horses mouth and all we see is one bet slip for £150. The guy tweets relentlessly as well and mentioned nothing about going to Madrid, and if Ronaldo was in England it would be all over the media. Not sure why Ronaldo is meeting Welbecks mate and telling him his transfer plans either. Not going to believe this one quite yet.
Original post by Tommyjw
David Johnson has said Ronaldos going to Chelsea, said Ronaldo said it himself, and put a bet on it.

Hope this isn't true. Think I might actually die inside if that happens.
Reply 4302
No I don't think Ronaldo would do something like that. If he does come to the Premier League, the only team he'll come to is us. Even if Chelsea or Man City or whoever offer him more wages, I can't see him turning us down to join another Premier League club. He's not like that. I think he would definitely sacrifice slightly higher wages for the opportunity to play for Manchester United again. That's IF he's coming to the Premier League.
Original post by qasidb
No I don't think Ronaldo would do something like that. If he does come to the Premier League, the only team he'll come to is us. Even if Chelsea or Man City or whoever offer him more wages, I can't see him turning us down to join another Premier League club. He's not like that. I think he would definitely sacrifice slightly higher wages for the opportunity to play for Manchester United again. That's IF he's coming to the Premier League.

If it did turn out to be true, the side effects of SAF retiring will be there for everyone to see.
Sorry, who is David Johnson? From what's been said, it's someone whose on Twitter, bets alot and has got somethings right in the past and thinks Ronaldo will join Chelsea?

Him and Mourinho's relationship is hardly strong, that's started breaking down as of late and not so sure he'd be keen to continue that at Chelsea.

PSG are apparently ready to bid £84m for Ronaldo and pay him £15m a year according to the BBC gossip column. Other than that, firmly expect him to stay at Madrid.
Original post by Aky786UK
Sorry, who is David Johnson? From what's been said, it's someone whose on Twitter, bets alot and has got somethings right in the past and thinks Ronaldo will join Chelsea?

Him and Mourinho's relationship is hardly strong, that's started breaking down as of late and not so sure he'd be keen to continue that at Chelsea.

PSG are apparently ready to bid £84m for Ronaldo and pay him £15m a year according to the BBC gossip column. Other than that, firmly expect him to stay at Madrid.

He's mates with a couple of the players (Welbeck and Cleverly I think). He's claiming the he heard it from Ronaldo in person. I really doubt that Ronaldo's meeting up with Welbecks mates and telling them his plans.
Reply 4306
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22582699

Rio's new deal close to being officially confirmed, good news, not just because he has been one of the best defenders in the league this season, but also because he'll be crucial in the transition to Moyes. Going into his 12th season with us, think it often gets overlooked because Scholes and Giggs have been around but Rio has contributed so much to this club.
Reports Rooney wont be joining up with squad tomorrow as his wife is due to give birth

Have to wonder if SAF would have let him play anyway.
I think he would have been left out anyway, again. So not a bad thing he might be away for the birth, which every player/sportsman tends to be these days.

But excellent news on Rio because he has been our consistent rock this season and like Louis said, with Scholes gone, he'll be assisting Giggs in maintaining the dressing room but he's a contrast to Giggs in the sense he can relate more to the young footballers we see these days so he'll handle that fine.

I'm more intrigued by his deal with BT Sport as a "pundit, interviewer, reporter" (not sure what his role is) because I'm sure SAF would not have allowed one of his players to be a media pundit whilst still playing, hence he had a jab at Jason Roberts when the racism issue was raging for being in the studio so soon after a match. But it might be a leaving "present" for Rio to let him do this and know he can manage his roles.
So not a bad thing he might be away for the birth, which every player/sportsman tends to be these days.

You say that like it's a bad thing:tongue:
Original post by cheetahs56
You say that like it's a bad thing:tongue:

Haha, it isn't or maybe it is sub-consciously and I've not thought about it but when I say sportsmen, I probably refer to seeing England's cricket stars breaking off from tours to go back to the births etc.
Haha, it isn't or maybe it is sub-consciously and I've not thought about it but when I say sportsmen, I probably refer to seeing England's cricket stars breaking off from tours to go back to the births etc.

That's true:yes:. Tbf if it's an important match I can understand players staying and missing it, but I really don't understand how some of the sportsmen do it when their mum/dad dies and they are playing football/other sports the next day:confused: Slightly off topic but...:tongue:
Not going down to West Brom tomorrow now. It's going to be a crazy day, I'm a little concerned that our fans are going to overshadow Ferguson's last day and make the news more than the team. There's a plan to get everybody without tickets in, but if it goes wrong it could end in disaster. I hope all the lads I know that deserve to get in for the last game manage it though, as long as it stays safe.

In other news, its 16 years ago today since Eric Cantona retired. Ironically the man who took his shirt number at United, David Beckham; retired from football today on the same date. It's a strange game.

Haha, surprised you couldn't get tickets as you go to a lot of games. I don't have even have time tbh. Are you working or still a student? Exam season has to come at the end of the season:tongue:

And anyone feel free to see some butt-hurt Arsenal fans on Arsenal thread, me and Jam ****** them off to say the least....

Working unfortunately, although some of the students that follow United have more money than the rest of us! Haha

What are the Arsenal fans getting worked up about this time? :tongue:
Original post by IanDangerously

Working unfortunately, although some of the students that follow United have more money than the rest of us! Haha

What are the Arsenal fans getting worked up about this time? :tongue:

Ooh unlucky, oh well at least you saw SAF's OT send-off!

And basically jam said that Mourinho winning the title made Sir Alex buy a few more players to re-gain the league, which in turn improved the standard of the league as everybody had to improve to catch up. I thought this was a fair point tbf, but Arsenal fans started crying about it, just cos they've gone downhill doesn't mean anyone else has! I also proceeded to tell them that a lot of their transfers have been failures (thinking Park Choo-Young, Arshavin here) and the language got worse and worse after that....:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm getting worried this Johnson fella is right, the Ronaldo to Chelsea betting odds have been slashed right up.

Would Ronaldo really go to Chelsea? :O
Reply 4315
Original post by Whitechapel
I'm getting worried this Johnson fella is right, the Ronaldo to Chelsea betting odds have been slashed right up.

It's been pretty well publicised that Mourinho and Ronaldo don't have the best of relationships, and that Ronaldo hasn't been happy with the goings on at Real Madrid, be that to do with Mourinho or not, I don't know. We also don't know how true all of this is, you hear lots of rumours on the subjects but there isn't official stuff about this. I think the fact Ronaldo's contract is getting towards the end and there's seemingly nothing about a new one is quite telling though, and quite a few of his intereviews have been interesting. But those things point more towards him leaving Real, rather than a rift with Jose. Personally, I think once Jose is out of the way, he'll stay at Real Madrid.
Original post by Whitechapel

No he wouldn't, if Ronaldo ever plays in England again it will be for Manchester United.

Will he ever come back? That I don't know. His deal expires in 2014 so if he wants to leave Madrid next summer he's in a position where they have to sell him for a reduced price or write off a loss when he leaves on a free the following year. If he wants to come back to United he very easily could make it happen simply by refusing to join anyone else in the last year of his deal - the same thing Robin Van Persie did. United have the cash there to pull it off, and Nike are willing to bankroll the deal if necessary. If not, I don't think he'll ever play in England again.

Ooh unlucky, oh well at least you saw SAF's OT send-off!

And basically jam said that Mourinho winning the title made Sir Alex buy a few more players to re-gain the league, which in turn improved the standard of the league as everybody had to improve to catch up. I thought this was a fair point tbf, but Arsenal fans started crying about it, just cos they've gone downhill doesn't mean anyone else has! I also proceeded to tell them that a lot of their transfers have been failures (thinking Park Choo-Young, Arshavin here) and the language got worse and worse after that....:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the OT send off was the main thing. This game feels rather like its tacked onto the end after the season is already over really ... we've done the trophy presentation, the parade and even the year end awards which are always after the final game. Our fans have made this game bigger than it is with a plan involving lots and lots of smokebombs as a cover to burst into the ground. It'll be absolute bloody chaos if it works.

Arsenal have definitely gone downhill but I think that's more to do with their new ground and the associated costs than anything else. Their transfer policy is somewhat hampered by their financial prudence and unwillingness to spend as the market value is rising. It's a shame really for them because there fans are spending more money than any other team to see their games, whilst the board are selling the best players and replacing them with ... well ... crap in a lot of cases!
Original post by IanDangerously

Yeah, the OT send off was the main thing. This game feels rather like its tacked onto the end after the season is already over really ... we've done the trophy presentation, the parade and even the year end awards which are always after the final game. Our fans have made this game bigger than it is with a plan involving lots and lots of smokebombs as a cover to burst into the ground. It'll be absolute bloody chaos if it works.

Arsenal have definitely gone downhill but I think that's more to do with their new ground and the associated costs than anything else. Their transfer policy is somewhat hampered by their financial prudence and unwillingness to spend as the market value is rising. It's a shame really for them because there fans are spending more money than any other team to see their games, whilst the board are selling the best players and replacing them with ... well ... crap in a lot of cases!

Exactly, although tbf it does mean the day is all about SAF. Hope the fans don't do it, will reflect badly on us and take the headlines away from Fergie who deserves it:frown:

That's true, thing is they bang on about their youth policy, but we have Cleverley, Welbeck, Rafael we have pretty much developed, and when i pointed this out to them they had the cheek to say that they are over-rated (so 3 pretty big players in a title-winning team are over-rated:rolleyes:), and then talked about Jenkinson, Gibbs, and for some reason always try and claim AOC and Walcott as their own!
Looks like we're using the diamond today. Adnan on the bench.
Lindegaard, Valencia, Buttner, Evans, Jones, Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, RVP, Hernandez

De Gea, Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Januzaj

So after his comment about younger guys, Januzaj is the only one to feature (if he even does) in the last few games.

Latest