The Student Room Group

Edexcel 17th MAY SPANISH GCSE EXAM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by examphobia
We should all make sure they know how hard that exam was. I'm usually an A/A* candidate when it comes to Spanish, but Edexcel have ruined it with that exam, it felt more like an A-Level listening rather than GCSE.

How do we do that lol? :tongue:
We should all make sure they know how hard that exam was. I'm usually an A/A* candidate when it comes to Spanish, but Edexcel have ruined it with that exam, it felt more like an A-Level listening rather than GCSE.

I know exactly how you feel, I found it the same. Do you think they are likely to move the grade boundaries much?
Reply 82
Original post by Zippyzazu
How do we do that lol? :tongue:

I don't know, I'd like to write a complaint. My Spanish teacher was mortified when I told her, she said they don't even allow students to succeed anymore.
Reply 83
Original post by whydoesithappen
I know exactly how you feel, I found it the same. Do you think they are likely to move the grade boundaries much?

I think the grade boundaries should go down to 24 for an A*, 22 for an A, 21 for a B and 17 for a C, that's how bad I think the exam went for everyone
It would be brilliant if they did but I get the impression that they won't be that flexible :/ We would be lucky if an A* was 30 or below
Reply 85
Original post by whydoesithappen
It would be brilliant if they did but I get the impression that they won't be that flexible :/ We would be lucky if an A* was 30 or below

You never know, one year the A* was down at 26 because the exam was so difficult, and Friday's was more difficult than that one
Reply 86
In the reading, what did you all put for question 4 where there was group 1 and group 2?
Hahaha I guessed ALL the listening questions
I thought the reading paper was fairly easy apart from question 4 or 5, the one about the Spanish website online or something like that. I thought the listening was really hard in comparison to past papers so hopefully the boundaries will be low, the last question wasn't too bad I think I knew half the answers but the other half I guessed. The one about the holiday was quite tricky but the CV one wasn't too bad.
Reply 89
this is what I think the grade boundaries will be:

listening:
[h="3"]34 a*[/h][h="3"]30 a[/h]27 B
24 C

Reading
[h="3"]36 a*[/h][h="3"]33 a[/h]29 b
26 c
Reply 90
Original post by Lem0ns
In the reading, what did you all put for question 4 where there was group 1 and group 2?

For group 1 I put that they didn't know whether to come to Barcelona so they were seeking information. And for group 2 I put that they had already been to Barcelona, but I wasn't quite sure on those, I was sure on all the rest though.
Reply 91
I think I completely messed up on the Listening. :/ I'm supposed to be achieving a very high A* but I think I lost a bunch of marks on the CV and final questions. The reading, however, was very easy. Reading is the thing I'm best at in Languages.

I'm such an idiot, though. At first, on the final question of the Listening, I wrote "yesterday morning" on the first part, despite the woman planning to go on the trip in the future. xD Luckily I changed it to "tomorrow" which is also wrong but makes more sense.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by higuyslol
this is what I think the grade boundaries will be:

listening:
[h="3"]34 a*[/h][h="3"]30 a[/h]27 B
24 C

Reading
[h="3"]36 a*[/h][h="3"]33 a[/h]29 b
26 c

30 for an A?? , that's a bit harsh
Reply 93
In 2011 an A* was 31 and an A was 27
Reply 94
Original post by MC-A
In 2011 an A* was 31 and an A was 27

I know! I think this year it could go down to 28 for an A*, but hopefully it goes lower. The teachers at my School said that was the hardest Listening exam in existence.
Reply 95
Original post by Lem0ns

I put Group 1 was for people who were unsure about going to Barcelona and Group 2 was for people who were visting but didn't know what to do there. Hopefully that's the right answer lol.
Reply 96
Original post by jordan_s
I put Group 1 was for people who were unsure about going to Barcelona and Group 2 was for people who were visting but didn't know what to do there. Hopefully that's the right answer lol.

What did you put for the bit where it said 'why is this website good'?
I put that it was divided into two groups but I don't know whether anyone else got that.
Reply 97
What did you put for the bit where it said 'why is this website good'?
I put that it was divided into two groups but I don't know whether anyone else got that.

I think I wrote because "it responds to your requests rapidly" and "it saves you time/ money". *facepalm*
Reply 98
Original post by jordan_s
I think I wrote because "it responds to your requests rapidly" and "it saves you time/ money". *facepalm*

I did that it responds to your requests too! But I didn't spot the money bit :| my 'divided into two groups' was probably wrong but they might accept it because it did actually say 'esta página es dividida en dos grupos' or something along those lines
Reply 99
I did that it responds to your requests too! But I didn't spot the money bit :| my 'divided into two groups' was probably wrong but they might accept it because it did actually say 'esta página es dividida en dos grupos' or something along those lines

Yeees! I'm not alone! :smile:
I think your other answer should be accepted, because it did clearly state that on the website description, plus it would make it easier for people to navigate that website. *high fives*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending