The Student Room Group

Higher Human Biology 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aay
Your username should be AspiringDentist8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I think dentistry and orthodontics are both very very corrupt professions, whilst medicine is more diverse and engaging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 361
Original post by Faye__1996
Na man, don't think I will for a while haha. Worst part was, after when me and my friend went up after the exam to return our textbooks etc my teacher was like "you were jumping for joy with these essays, right?!"

Ehhh ... Not quite mrs, lol

LOL jumping for joy indeed, it was unfair though to be honest.

15 years the pattern remains unchanged + then suddenly SQA decide to pull a stunt, gr.
Original post by Aay
LOL jumping for joy indeed, it was unfair though to be honest.

15 years the pattern remains unchanged + then suddenly SQA decide to pull a stunt, gr.

Unlucky for us, eh? Lets meet back here on August the whatever (results day), major eeeek for me!
Reply 363
Unlucky for us, eh? Lets meet back here on August the whatever (results day), major eeeek for me!

Yeah man, D or something for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by itsGrand131415
Everyday, no matter what time it is. At least I always seem to get really bogged up about the Human Biology exam. Really want an A in it !:/

Im the same, getting high marks in the past papers right back to 2001, yet I open the paper and have no bloody clue how to do any of it! Ahhhhh *tries to move on*
Im the same, getting high marks in the past papers right back to 2001, yet I open the paper and have no bloody clue how to do any of it! Ahhhhh *tries to move on*

Same ! get like 80% in total but this years paper...... :frown:

Anyways, hopefully we all did well enough to secure an A or even A* !

Time to focus on English and Maths, you ready for those ?? :s-smilie:
Reply 366

101% the same, all my work has went to waste.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same ! get like 80% in total but this years paper...... :frown:

Anyways, hopefully we all did well enough to secure an A or even A* !

Time to focus on English and Maths, you ready for those ?? :s-smilie:

One can hope, haha ... Ill be surprised if I even get a B tbh, my second essay was just terrible - I wrote about the liver under kidney ...

maths: not at all, English: kinda ... I'm just going to make sure I know an essay for each text. Not revised maths at all! Just going to do that after English and on Tuesday :frown: although after that all my hard exams are out the way!
Reply 368
I hope I done well :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by StudyMe
After maths and English we can properly sh*t ourselves over the chemistry exam! My teacher wrote some of it and has seen the paper but won't say a thing :frown:

That is cruel! Haha, luckily I'm not doing chemistry this year, if I wanted to be in the top maths & English class and take French I couldn't take it :/ I'm taking it next year, unless I don't get an A for biology - then I have to rethink my whole career plan!
Original post by StudyMe
After maths and English we can properly sh*t ourselves over the chemistry exam! My teacher wrote some of it and has seen the paper but won't say a thing :frown:

As in wrote some of the actual exam :O!! I'm very worried about Chemistry as the calculations seems to be tripping me up a lot!
Reply 371
As in wrote some of the actual exam :O!! I'm very worried about Chemistry as the calculations seems to be tripping me up a lot!

cant wait for it, my last exam then ill cry for a few days about how bad they went then summer + driving test awwwyeaaah
Original post by Aay
cant wait for it, my last exam then ill cry for a few days about how bad they went then summer + driving test awwwyeaaah

Same here, bad thing is got Geography the day before so :/ ! But afterwards it's a summer vacation of to another country and back to have a driving test waiting for me! But still, I highly doubt i'll be able to forget the exams as anxiety and nervousness will keep taking me back to the exam as I really need good grades in order to do medicine! Hopefully it'll turn out good for everyone!
Reply 373
Same here, bad thing is got Geography the day before so :/ ! But afterwards it's a summer vacation of to another country and back to have a driving test waiting for me! But still, I highly doubt i'll be able to forget the exams as anxiety and nervousness will keep taking me back to the exam as I really need good grades in order to do medicine! Hopefully it'll turn out good for everyone!

I dont think medicine will work out for me, honestly haha
Original post by Aay
I dont think medicine will work out for me, honestly haha

I'm sure it will and for everyone that is hoping to do it ! Is there any specific career in medicine you are hoping to do ??
Reply 375
I'm sure it will and for everyone that is hoping to do it ! Is there any specific career in medicine you are hoping to do ??

After biology my thoughts have totally changed, always been interested in the brain- was quite attached to neurosurgery for a while, you?
Reply 376
Iz
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aay
After biology my thoughts have totally changed, always been interested in the brain- was quite attached to neurosurgery for a while, you?

Ooh interesting!! Well last few days I came across Sports Medicine and a sport fanatic like myself what more could I ask, to be a doctor and have sports related to it. But, I'm confused on the pathways to Sports Medicine :s-smilie: As Glasgow Uni provide a course on it but many people I've asked say you need to enter med first then take up Sports Med as a specialty.
Original post by StudyMe
Yes wrote some of the ACTUAL exam! She's seen this years paper. Straight after it I'll be going to see her to hug her or shout at her, depending on how the exam went hahaha.

haha, did she by any chance gave a hint whether or not it'll be easy/difficult or different ( like the Human Biology exam ). :s-smilie:
Reply 379
haha, did she by any chance gave a hint whether or not it'll be easy/difficult or different ( like the Human Biology exam ). :s-smilie:

No but closer to the exam I'll get something out of her :wink:! Haha

Quick Reply