The Student Room Group

Economics Unit 2 prediction for 17th may 2013 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
On Q2 aii, I said that inflation was above it's average due to changes in taste of goods and changes in quality or is this completely wrong.
Does anyone have all the questions from number 2? And a model mark scheme for Q2??
That would really help! :smile:
Original post by gooner4ever
Does anyone have all the questions from number 2? And a model mark scheme for Q2??
That would really help! :smile:

2 a i) Explain how the consumer price index is calculated (6 marks)

anyone care to add the next question?:colondollar:
Reply 563
Original post by germankid101
Is that for Part a(ii) of Question 2 about why inflation had risen in 2011?
They actually gave you the two reasons you needed in the extract; "rising commodity prices" and an "increase in VAT". Judging by previous mark schemes, you would get two marks for identifying each point and another two marks for explaining each point.
The points you mention about consumer spending rising leading to inflation are probably not going to be accepted as they probably wanted you to mention cost-push inflation rather than demand-pull inflation. The question specifically referred to 2011 and in the extract it mentioned how the economy was contracting during the period- so your points about "higher consumer demand" and AD shifting right don't apply here.

I don't think the question was why inflation had risen... It was 'Explain two consequences of inflation falling below the 2% target'
Original post by tech10
I don't think the question was why inflation had risen... It was 'Explain two consequences of inflation falling below the 2% target'

Was that an 8marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tech10

Do u remember the question after the 4marker on GDP?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 566
Original post by pop101
Well it was a 6 marker, for a 2/3 step calculation.
Considering we worked out the % change = 2/3 marks
Then we got 277 = 1 mark
Only because we then wrote down 177, the examiner will deduct marks - or not award the full 6. :mad:

Examiners don't deduct marks.

There should be marks available for quoting data from the graph, too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 567
Original post by threeewords
i also mentioned the size of the multiplier effect decreasing... appropriate?

yes absolutley- i said that aswell
did you shift your as and ad curves in or out?
Reply 568
For the Queston on 2 reasons why infaltion was above 2% target could you have said nominal wage increase- more consumer confidence (more income?) thus spend more? Demand Pull inflation? + It said about sluggish economy therefore investment would be low- this would push supply in in the long run thus inflation increases? Would that be ok? :biggrin:
Original post by tech10

No, that was another question. That was B(ii) but I'm referring to A(ii).
Original post by ljh950912
But! I finished all my answers and had some extra time so I went back to the questions I answered weakly and added one or two points additionally. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha cheekay :wink:
Do u remember the question after the 4marker on GDP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Consequences of inflation falling below 2% (8 marks)
Original post by Smko
For the Queston on 2 reasons why infaltion was above 2% target could you have said nominal wage increase- more consumer confidence (more income?) thus spend more? Demand Pull inflation? + It said about sluggish economy therefore investment would be low- this would push supply in in the long run thus inflation increases? Would that be ok? :biggrin:

No that's wrong- see above.
Consequences of inflation falling below 2% (8 marks)

oh thanks so much! Wasnt there also an 8 marker after the first question on the causes of high inflation??(if not wat was that question??)

wat did points did u put for that question?
Original post by theCreator
Just asking for my friend. He says he did not label the axis in one of the questions and as a result he says he will lose 8 marks just for not writing 2 words. Is he correct?

Nope labeling the diagrams have around 2 marks I believe because I did the same mistake in my mock exam and lost only 2 marks :smile:
oh thanks so much! Wasnt there also an 8 marker after the first question on the causes of high inflation??(if not wat was that question??)

wat did points did u put for that question?

Yep that was the question we were talking about above. You had to give 2 reasons as to why inflation reached high levels in 2011.
Extract 3 mentioned both reasons for this; Increased VAT and Higher Commodity Prices. This would cause cost-push inflation.
Reply 576
I managed to work out how to do an index, but stupidly thought the base rate was 55 not 45 so got a percentage change of 227 not 277, do you think id still get marks for the correct method?
Reply 577
As others have said if any of you have time can you post the question 2 questions accompanied by a loose mark scheme as someone has done for 1.
Reply 578
No that's wrong- see above.

So ill get 0 marks?
Reply 579
Original post by Smko

Anyone else write anything like this? :frown: or was it just stupid me hah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending