The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So I've been giving my friends anime and they love it!
Can anyone recommend some animes with fan service? They're into that sort of thing (and so am I, maybe :ninja:)
I'm going to be getting a lot more anime next week though, I'll have a look at all the ones you guys have recommended :smile:

Was thinking of getting History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi since I liked the manga, not sure if it's good though :/
Reply 4561
I watched the latest oreimo last night and the latest titan this morning.

Spoiler

Kuroneko so :cute: in the latest Oreimo :pinch:

Original post by ianh16
I watched the latest oreimo last night and the latest titan this morning.

I really didn't expect oreimo to go the way it did. I personally am a Kirino/Kyosuke fan but who knows how things will go.

Spoiler

really need to start watching Attack on Titan :colondollar:

Original post by Bude8
Can anyone recommend some animes with fan service? They're into that sort of thing (and so am I, maybe :ninja:)
I'm going to be getting a lot more anime next week though, I'll have a look at all the ones you guys have recommended :smile:

Was thinking of getting History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi since I liked the manga, not sure if it's good though :/

fan service eh? :ninja:

Golden Boy - its old but probs the most perverted show i've ever seen, one of my faves, that guy is legendary :laugh:
Ladies vs Butlers - just fun enjoyable ecchi :cool:
Sekirei - fan servicey fighting :yes:
Sora no Otoshimono - really funny, Tomo is just :adore: :rofl2:

with Kenichi, i recently rewatched it, great watch :biggrin: but havent read the manga yet so im not sure if it'll be as good a watch if you've already read it, i'd probs give the first couple of eps a go see if you like it :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bude8

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, its action+Loads of fan service

One of
My fav anime anyway, its like the anime version of zombie land but much better

Saeko <3ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368967861.871492.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eugenius 8
Kuroneko so :cute: in the latest Oreimo :pinch:

fan service eh? :ninja:

Golden Boy - its old but probs the most perverted show i've ever seen, one of my faves, that guy is legendary :laugh:
Ladies vs Butlers - just fun enjoyable ecchi :cool:
Sekirei - fan servicey fighting :yes:
Sora no Otoshimono - really funny, Tomo is just :adore: :rofl2:

with Kenichi, i recently rewatched it, great watch :biggrin: but havent read the manga yet so im not sure if it'll be as good a watch if you've already read it, i'd probs give the first couple of eps a go see if you like it :smile:

Original post by CosmicVengeance
HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, its action+Loads of fan service

One of
My fav anime anyway, its like the anime version of zombie land but much better

Saeko <3ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368967861.871492.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you both. I'll have a look. One of my friends is the sort of guy who's like
"Oh look, the door has locked itself, and the light has turned itself off. What's going to happen to us? :colone:"
So yeah, he asked me for some fanservice anime :ninja:
I'll have a look though, I'm looking for more recent things though; I like the graphics :moon:
Well, so long as it's not in 4:3 then it's good.
Original post by Nin_
Episode 7 of Attack on Titan...I just...I can't...WHAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know its a really good show!!!!!!
Reply 4566
Original post by eugenius 8
really need to start watching Attack on Titan :colondollar:

Just read the manga then use the anime to flesh some scenes out.
Reply 4567
Original post by Tabris
Just read the manga then use the anime to flesh some scenes out.

I disagree. I would advise those who haven't read the manga to watch the anime adaptation now that's it's airing. It's considerably more enjoyable when you don't know what's going to happen, given the amount of twists and revelations. Moreover, you're less inclined to nitpick and draw comparisons, further reducing your enjoyment. That said, I think this is a pretty faithful adaptation, all things considered, and the production is more than satisfactory (stills, when presented appropriately, can still be effective and aren't necessarily bad). Easily one of the better anime series to air in the past year or so.
Reply 4568
Original post by Aiko
I disagree. I would advise those who haven't read the manga to watch the anime adaptation now that's it's airing. It's considerably more enjoyable when you don't know what's going to happen, given the amount of twists and revelations. Moreover, you're less inclined to nitpick and draw comparisons, further reducing your enjoyment.

The thing is, you still get those unexpected twists and revelations in the manga. It's not like the medium really changes any of that, unless you have a stronger preference for anime over manga. From what I've read and heard, the anime is also behind schedule, so there's every chance that the final act will be somewhat rushed; all the more reason to read the manga, because Isayama isn't quite as rushed as the anime staff and the quality is consistent.

Personally, I think it's better to be aware and familiar of source material, more so when it is readily available. Whether it's a manga, light novel, visual novel, etc. I enjoy it all the same. Totally agree about being less inclined to nitpick, which can detract from some enjoyment of adaptations.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by electro14
I know its a really good show!!!!!!

I'm also obsessed with Attack on Titan.
Anybody still watch Yugioh, or have people stopped watching it since Zexal?

Yugioh Zexal is the worst series so far. It was a BAD idea making the protagonist 12 years old, but I still watch it because its Yugioh lol.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Anybody still watch Yugioh, or have people stopped watching it since Zexal?

Yugioh Zexal is the worst series so far. It was a BAD idea making the protagonist 12 years old, but I still watch it because its Yugioh lol.

attempted to watch GX fully (watched it a fair bit when it first came out) but just couldn't do it. was too slow and repetitive though and only reached 40-60 episodes.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
attempted to watch GX fully (watched it a fair bit when it first came out) but just couldn't do it. was too slow and repetitive though and only reached 40-60 episodes.

Yeah yugioh can get kinda repetitive, especially when the main character keeps using their ace monster every duel. If you do wanna start watching it again, I recommend watching 5Ds as it's slightly better than the original. Also watch it subbed as the music is way better.
Original post by Dr Tenacious
Yeah yugioh can get kinda repetitive, especially when the main character keeps using their ace monster every duel. If you do wanna start watching it again, I recommend watching 5Ds as it's slightly better than the original. Also watch it subbed as the music is way better.

Never watched it subbed to be honest as I started watching it before I got into anime properly, may give it a spin although the english dubs were generally good. Hmm not really my show anymore but shall bear it in mind :smile: I think my fondest memory of Yu Gi Oh was the tournament on Pegasus' island albeit very dragged out.
The lunch box scene in Hataraku Maou-Sama Ep 7 was epic!
Reply 4575
Original post by Tabris
The thing is, you still get those unexpected twists and revelations in the manga. It's not like the medium really changes any of that, unless you have a stronger preference for anime over manga. From what I've read and heard, the anime is also behind schedule, so there's every chance that the final act will be somewhat rushed; all the more reason to read the manga, because Isayama isn't quite as rushed as the anime staff and the quality is consistent.

Personally, I think it's better to be aware and familiar of source material, more so when it is readily available. Whether it's a manga, light novel, visual novel, etc. I enjoy it all the same. Totally agree about being less inclined to nitpick, which can detract from some enjoyment of adaptations.

True, although I was working off the assumption that he's planning to watch the anime anyway. So far, the anime adaptation has proven to be equally as good, if not arguably better when you consider the genre. Animation, voice acting and a soundtrack has a way of enhancing the experience, especially when it's done really well, which is the case here, for the most part. Of course, this is just my opinion, and the manga is very good. As you say, it's a matter of preference. I just feel that for a series like this, it's far more effective. In any case, I digress. There's also something to be said of having to wait in anticipation each week. Reading the manga in bulk, only to watch the anime after in a similar fashion removes that. As someone who has mostly read manga and watched anime as and when it comes out, the anticipation is part of the excitement and enjoyment.
errrmyyygawwd Code Geass has such an epic climax :O

Is season 2 worth the watch though, because loads of people say it was really bad. :L
Original post by King Amukee
errrmyyygawwd Code Geass has such an epic climax :O

Is season 2 worth the watch though, because loads of people say it was really bad. :L

Yeah its crap dont watch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Been trying to get back into Eureka Seven. Does anyone know when the plot gets going? 13 episodes in and I'm getting bored!

That aside, I've been watching soukou no strain as well. Really recommend it to anyone looking for a good sci-fi anime :smile:
Original post by purplerainn
Been trying to get back into Eureka Seven. Does anyone know when the plot gets going? 13 episodes in and I'm getting bored!

That aside, I've been watching soukou no strain as well. Really recommend it to anyone looking for a good sci-fi anime :smile:

Dont bother watching eureka seven, i cant even remember what happens in it but i watched all the eps, in the end i thought to myself why did i watch this? Nothing interesting happens at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest