The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sceezy
the 6 marker and 6b

Ok.. we have 4 resistors in series. 2 in each series. Total voltage is 12 volts. (Remember voltage in parallel is the same all the way around and in series it adds up to). Since the resistors are in series, they must have voltage adds up to total depending on the amount of resistance. There is an easy way to handle this problem and a harder way to solve. Easy way----- Voltage in parallel----same. So, across ac and ce, they must share same amount of voltage. so it must be 6V for both ac and ce. This is total of 6 Voltage used up in A-E. So you have 6 left. Since the resistance of the resistor is twice the resistance of the thermistor. Resistor BD must get twice the voltage as DF. So, BD must be 4 V and thermistor which is DF or CD must get 2V. so our voltage adds up to total. 6+4+2=12V. Harder way... calculate the current through AE by using V=IR. I=12/4xx10^3 = 3x10^-4A... Use V=IR again to calculate voltage across AC. V=3x10^-4 times 20x10^3 = 6V. The rest can be solved by using V=IR. Hope this helps... Haven't I just answered the 6marker?
(edited 10 years ago)
Does anyone have any good overall advice for the 6-mark experiment questions?
Original post by Big-Daddy

This that type of question, give answer as bullet points. eg, 1 bullet point for 1 mark. Try to give improvements for the future experiments etc...
Reply 443
Original post by Big-Daddy

I struggle with those type of questions as well, So yeah does anyone have any advice
Reply 444
Original post by StalkeR47
This that type of question, give answer as bullet points. eg, 1 bullet point for 1 mark. Try to give improvements for the future experiments etc...

What about the draw a diagram questions?
Reply 445
yh thanks, for the 6 marker the diagram you put above is right isn't it?
I thought because you are trying to find whether a particular component follows ohms law we have to actually put the component in the circuit diagram
Reply 446
what is electron capture?
Original post by Qari
What about the draw a diagram questions?

Diagram question would be 8 marker. 2marks for diagram. You will usually have to talk about the diagram you have drawn. EG, how would you carry out an experiment to test a certain equipment etc..
Reply 448
Diagram question would be 8 marker. 2marks for diagram. You will usually have to talk about the diagram you have drawn. EG, how would you carry out an experiment to test a certain equipment etc..

What about other questions for example,the second part of this question

img006.jpg
Original post by Mesutozil

Electron capture is when an up quark changes to down quark via weak interaction. This is due to the collision of proton with electron.

When an orbital electron interacts with a proton in the nucleus of an atom:

e- + p --> n + V(e)
Reply 451

img005.jpg
Feyman Diagrams you have to remember
how does current have a heating effect on materials? thanks
Reply 453
thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by sceezy
yh thanks, for the 6 marker the diagram you put above is right isn't it?
I thought because you are trying to find whether a particular component follows ohms law we have to actually put the component in the circuit diagram

It is correct as long as it can take readings for current and voltage using a power pack and a variable resistor. (Sorry, I just could not find a better diagram but the resistor should be a variable resistor since you would take a number of different measurements for a graph).
thanks for the help :smile:

Your most welcome:wink:
Reply 456
Bricking it for the electricity section... I can get all of the particle correct but the electricity is always atrocious :frown: I've been plateauing at a C because of it, DAYMMM
Original post by Qari
What about other questions for example,the second part of this question

img006.jpg

What is the second part?
Original post by Abbseh
Bricking it for the electricity section... I can get all of the particle correct but the electricity is always atrocious :frown: I've been plateauing at a C because of it, DAYMMM

YEP that is true! But I can help you if you need any. Today is the last day hahahaa:cool:
Reply 459
What is the second part?

Read the question it's asking for two things, I'm saying I can't eplain the 2nd thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending