The Student Room Group

F211 revision thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toodle-noodle
I'd like to know this as well! been trying to search online but can't find any info on it

yes, you can
Original post by upthegunners
yes, you can

No, I can't.
No, I can't.

you can get full UMS without full raw marks

peace out
Original post by upthegunners
you can get full UMS without full raw marks

peace out

Yes.. but I wanted to know how many raw marks to get full UMS :smile:.
Yes.. but I wanted to know how many raw marks to get full UMS :smile:.

it varies each year
Reply 65
Oh you can is this all the time? So do you have what it has been in previous years?
Original post by Sbhatt
Oh you can is this all the time? So do you have what it has been in previous years?

there's no clear cut answer

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't

It depends on the difficulty of the paper and what not
Reply 67
Ok, because I read somewhere that to calculate what the full UMS cut off is, you would see the difference in RAW marks between A and B double this difference and add it to the RAW marks of A. This gives you full UMS. I cant seem to find the thread again!!
Original post by Sbhatt
Ok, because I read somewhere that to calculate what the full UMS cut off is, you would see the difference in RAW marks between A and B double this difference and add it to the RAW marks of A. This gives you full UMS. I cant seem to find the thread again!!

You can get full UMS yes without full raw. For example I do business, 1 year it was 64/80 for the full 120 UMS. The next year it was like 71/80 for full UMS. UMS just varies each year depending on the difficulty of the paper.
Reply 69
ok thanks:smile: how did you find out the raw marks for full UMS?
Reply 70
I've got 35 on the practical F213; 18, 10, and a 7 because they can't do the 3rd practical in school, I'm worried the grade boundaries will be 36 like last year for an A, I'm 1 mark off waaaaa :'(
Reply 71
Do you think it will be 36< this year?
Original post by Sbhatt
ok thanks:smile: how did you find out the raw marks for full UMS?

I looked on the website, as it's AQA they have a UMS conversion, not sure about OCR and the others...:smile:
Reply 73
ahh man that's alright! Ill have a look :biggrin:
Guys as stupid as this is I haven't started revising for f211 yet (too many exams!) I'm resitting a d(2 marks of a c) .. Any predictions or tips ? What should I focus on more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
^ it 2 days before the exam, you might be a bit too late. But you could go through mark schemes and Lexafish notes.
Original post by trrr
^ it 2 days before the exam, you might be a bit too late. But you could go through mark schemes and Lexafish notes.

What is lexafish sorry? I sort of know the knowledge just can't seem o crack the exam .. Nerves = forget everything on the day of exam -.- any predications on what will come up ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by geor
Curiously, what are all your guys scores (out of 40) for the practical unit? I'm worried grade boundaries will creep up again!

Somehow (I have no idea how!) I got 40 :eek:
Original post by ladybug.hugsxoxo
Guys as stupid as this is I haven't started revising for f211 yet (too many exams!) I'm resitting a d(2 marks of a c) .. Any predictions or tips ? What should I focus on more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi.head of biology.made a predictions PowerPoint. I can Send it to you through email if you would like.last time 40% came up on what she guessed,not guaranteed to all come up but since you will b revising anyway it won't hurt to learn these particular topics in depth.
Reply 79
Original post by lizz-ie
Somehow (I have no idea how!) I got 40 :eek:

Hi want to revise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending