The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Revision Tips

Hello everyone!

I have my Maths GCSE exams on Tuesday 11th June 2013 and Friday 14th June 2013. I am doing a Linear Higher tier paper and I have no chance to retake so I really need to do well :smile: I'm predicted an A* and I would love to achieve this! What are your best tips for the exam or for revision and how do you normally revise? My method at the moment is going through past papers, circling the questions I am stuck on, then marking them and going through the questions I didn't understand and the questions I got wrong!

Thank you! I appreciate all your tips and advice :smile:
I find BBC notarize good but it does not tell you what is calculator and not as I have been revising for mocks
Reply 2
Original post by kitkatsaunders
I find BBC notarize good but it does not tell you what is calculator and not as I have been revising for mocks

Okay thank you, I will check it out!
Reply 3
Original post by Chirpa
Hello everyone!

I have my Maths GCSE exams on Tuesday 11th June 2013 and Friday 14th June 2013. I am doing a Linear Higher tier paper and I have no chance to retake so I really need to do well :smile: I'm predicted an A* and I would love to achieve this! What are your best tips for the exam or for revision and how do you normally revise? My method at the moment is going through past papers, circling the questions I am stuck on, then marking them and going through the questions I didn't understand and the questions I got wrong!

Do as much practice as you possibly can and understand the content. Past papers are helpful
Reply 4
Original post by krisshP
Do as much practice as you possibly can and understand the content. Past papers are helpful

Thank you for your advice, I agree past papers are helpful!
Reply 5
Watch a movie the day before.
I joke lol just do past papers and which ever questions you don't understand/get wrong learn them again and then keep doing past papers until you get full marks. Also if you have a revision book they most likely have revision exercises on each topic so try to do all of them so you're confident with anything that comes up. Good luck I'm sure you will get that A*.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
if you have MathsWatch CD then it's really useful, although that woman is indeed annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Obliviate
if you have MathsWatch CD then it's really useful, although that woman is indeed annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah I remember Maths Watch yeah it's a great tool although it does cost a bit to get it or you can you know get it from other means :biggrin:.
Reply 8
Original post by Dilzo999
Oh yeah I remember Maths Watch yeah it's a great tool although it does cost a bit to get it or you can you know get it from other means :biggrin:.

I actually got it from school for free, and now after I've finished maths it's just lying around somewhere in my bedroom :>
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Dilzo999
Watch a movie the day before.
I joke lol just do past papers and which ever questions you don't understand/get wrong learn them again and then keep doing past papers until you get full marks. Also if you have a revision book they most likely have revision exercises on each topic so try to do all of them so you're confident with anything that comes up. Good luck I'm sure you will get that A*.

Haha, I wish, I would love to though! Lots of great ideas, thank you and I really hope so, but thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Obliviate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes I have one of them, thanks for reminding me! Thank you for your advice and I kind of agree... Her voice! Haha, well I got it from school for only like £2 so it's all good! Haha, cool :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Chirpa
Hello everyone!

Use Mathswatch, go through all clips from grade D to A* then do past papers, Past papers including latest ones and mark schemes can be found here: http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/
Reply 12
Original post by nm786
Use Mathswatch, go through all clips from grade D to A* then do past papers, Past papers including latest ones and mark schemes can be found here: http://www.edexcelmathspapers.tk/

Great idea, thank you very much and thank you for providing a link!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending