The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olympiad
Does anybody have an exemplar essay or Birling and/or Eric?

Posted from TSR Mobile

just done one :smile:
Reply 1301
Need A/A* analysis for Slim, anyone? Gotta get this A; I'll help in return.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JustaDreamer
I'm feeling okay...kinda neutral. Yeah I'm worried about time too, if it was a two hour exam that would be great! What grade are you aiming for?

i will be aiming for an A* ... but to take in the fact that i only started lit in late january i wouldnt beat my self up with an A :biggrin:

Original post by BP_Tranquility
I don't suppose you could create a question that would incorporate the two since I probably would make it too easy for myself? :tongue:

ok...

LOTF

Q1. How does golding Present the character of Ralph within the novel, and what is the signifgance of him?
Q2. The island is the best place for the novel to occur. How much do you agree with this statement and why?

OMAM

ermm.... this is tough... you do this one and then well we do them :biggrin:

:trytofly::thumbsup:

ryan
My teacher thoroughly recommended us to revise the character of Edna for An Inspector Calls. She has never come up in an exam before, and is as vital to the plot as the Inspector. It is very likely that there will be a question on her.

:awesome:
I'm going to do an essay question on Eva Smith, Arthur Birling and Eric - hopefully one of them come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1305
Original post by NikolaT
My teacher thoroughly recommended us to revise the character of Edna for An Inspector Calls. She has never come up in an exam before, and is as vital to the plot as the Inspector. It is very likely that there will be a question on her.

But what would the question be about?
Original post by NikolaT

They wouldn't be that mean would they? What could you say?

Could you just go into a long rant about how you think Edna is ​the Inspector? :biggrin:
Original post by ryanb97
i will be aiming for an A* ... but to take in the fact that i only started lit in late january i wouldnt beat my self up with an A :biggrin:

ryan

Ok cool I was aiming for A* but yeah I think I'll be ok with an A, best of luck! :smile:
Reply 1308
How likely is it that simon will be on omam tomorrow ?
Reply 1309
Would they provide us with the copy of the books?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yazzieee

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should provide with with some form of the text.

In my school we've all been issued with our clean copies already but we were about 50 short of AIC for the year so those 50 have a printed stapled copy of the script!
Original post by yazzieee

Posted from TSR Mobile

They should do, but they'll have no annotations
I'm gonna fail :frown:
hi i did paragraph on slim (not really sure what the question is tbh) could you please read it and give me feedback and help me with the alternative interpretation because i really can’t find it in this quote and the evaluation (whether i agree with Steinbeck or not) bit.. sorry for any mistakes (btw in my opinion i think it’s really bad hey whatever) many thanks :smile:

In the quotation “he moved with majesty only achieved by royalty and master craftsmen…he was a jerkline skinner, the prince of the ranch” we see Slim as a character Steinbeck’s quite proud of as he’s the only character whom is introduced to the scene with such admiration. The keyword in this quotation is ‘royalty’ this is because we can see how much he is respected as only respected people are associated with this word. The word ‘royalty ‘makes us think of someone highest part of the hierarchy. From this moment we know that slim is going to one the only characters who is repect6ed out of choice not fear or pressure, like the boss. We can also see that the rest of the ranch hands appreciate slim from the quote “he’s a hell of a nice fella”. This is said by candy, who we all know from reading the book, is the gossip and rumour spreader on the ranch. From this we see that there isn’t any pretence or rumours about his. This surprises us as we start to realise that slim is genuinely a hard working ‘fella’ who has earned all his respect. We automatically feel obliged that there is one person who doesn’t just think about themselves on the ranch but who thinks about others. Steinbeck’s uses slim to convey that educational wasn’t the key to being happy but it was your drive and determination to work hard that gained you respect, which therefore gained you happiness. I believe society is trying to teach us that the ones who try and focus on reality are the ones who go further in life.
Original post by Jennienarwin
I'm gonna fail :frown:

:console:

Go with in a positive attitude! May sound cliched but it really does help. You can do it :smile:
Could The Beast be on LOTF?
What does everyone else want for the exam?
Personally for An Inspector Calls I'd like a question on either Sheila or responsibility, and for Of Mice and Men I'd really love a question on Slim - got loads to write for him! :biggrin:
Is anyone doing 'Kindertransport' ? If so has anyone got any advice or tips on what may come up, and what you could possibly talk about for perceptive analysis/comments? thanks :smile:
Original post by mintydan
How likely is it that simon will be on omam tomorrow ?

Simon? I don't recall reading about a Simon in Of Mice and Men

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending