The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Lukerobbo
What experiment could you do related to the photoelectric effect ??

not an experiment but a long question on that topic. like how does the photoelectric effect explain the particle-like nature of light
Reply 601
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368990860.816285.jpg
Wait I've found it out myself, here is the attachment for anyone wondering...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think Ekmax= hf - workfunction 6 marker question will come us because the textbook says 'the details of this experiment are not required for your AS exam'
Good luck tomorrow peeps :wink:
Original post by BenChard
my weakest topic, I hate it.

I agree, Im hoping the essay question will be on something else :smile:
Reply 605
Original post by Loopset
not an experiment but a long question on that topic. like how does the photoelectric effect explain the particle-like nature of light
So if photoelectric effect is the 6 marker then would you be expected to explain the processs of it
Reply 606
Wait for the internal resistance calculation, shouldn't the terminal pd be constant, so voltage is always the same?...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuya
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368990860.816285.jpg
Wait I've found it out myself, here is the attachment for anyone wondering...

Posted from TSR Mobile

is that voltmeter measuring the voltage across battery
Can someone tell me how to do question 2b & 6b thanks:smile:
Original post by Micheal123456
Can someone tell me how to do question 2b & 6b thanks:smile:

what? from past paper?
Reply 610
is that voltmeter measuring the voltage across battery

Yes, I'm a little confused on why terminal pd ever changes though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 611
Original post by Tuya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think of terminal pd as = voltage (IF NO INTERNAL RESISTANCE)
Same thing in that scenario.
If there is internal resistance however then terminal pd is = voltage to circuit AFTER lost volts on internal resistance.

So if internal resistance is higher than terminal pd is changing and is lower.
Original post by Tuya

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just can't get my head around it check this out see if you can, or anyone?

image.jpg
I just can't get my head around it check this out see if you can, or anyone?

image.jpg

What do you want to know?
Original post by StalkeR47
What do you want to know?

how they got the graph would be a start when resistance isn't even a factor but that's what they're changing ahh
how they got the graph would be a start when resistance isn't even a factor but that's what they're changing ahh

Your changing the resistance so you can get different currents and voltages, so resistance can be plotted where the internal resistance is the gradient of the line. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

voltmeter is not measuring lost volt. it is measuring the voltage at the resistor. however, as the current increases, the lost volt inside the battery also increases so the pd across battery terminal decreases. and therefore, the voltmeter reads lower value of voltage at the resistance. Again, this is because more voltage is being used up in the battery (increase in lost volt). Did you get this?
Does anyone know the difference between writing the strong force/nuclear force/interaction? Is there a difference? (same goes for the weak one)
Original post by dunkdeboffin
Does anyone know the difference between writing the strong force/nuclear force/interaction? Is there a difference? (same goes for the weak one)

Strong force binds quarks together
Residual strong force/strong nuclear force binds proton and neutrons together.
Original post by dunkdeboffin

Strong nuclear force/strong interaction are the same. nuclear force is incorrect because you are not stating strong or weak.

Quick Reply