The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Guys don't forget to PEE throughout your paper.
This is how you should all be feeling after the exam:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368992910.240850.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harvey99
I look at these replys and see people looking for a*'s, I can barely get a C, whats the crucial points that I will need to include?

Linking phrases
Refer to the writers intentions
Embed Quotes
Viewpoint of reader
Close Language analysis
Contextual links and bakground knowledge

Doing this will mean you will be band 5 or 6 so A/A*
Original post by Olympiad
In the exam this is what we will do ok:
*think I can do this*
*Open the paper*
*look at the question*
DO NOT PANIC OK WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T PANIC JUST DON'T ITS AGAINST THE LAW OK.
*Spend 5 minutes writing a plan if you can't answer is, less if you can*
*Write*
*PEE THROUGHOUT YOUR PAPER;
Point evidence explanation*
JUST KEEP PEEING, PEEING FTW.
Just stay calm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol i'll try to do that but just end up crying in despair :redface:
Original post by fbrep2012
I feel Slim or Crooks are very likely to be mentioned in a question in OMAM. They have never been asked about before, so ensure that you understand their role in the story as well as their link with other characters.

I reckon Eric will come up in an Inspector Calls. He is a key character who has never been asked about. So make sure that you know his role in the play, how he changes throughout and whether he presents Priestly's message or not.

I'm brilliant with Crooks but it's just Slim, I have no decent ideas on him...especially none that would wow an examiner.

I'm praying for Mr Birling in An Inspector Calls even though I know it's more likely to be Eric.

God, do I hate Eric.
Original post by JustaDreamer
Lol i'll try to do that but just end up crying in despair :redface:

Your aren't allowed to cry, unless its happy crying.
Ok? Sad crying is also against the law

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1425
Crooks came up in January. It won't be Crooks.
Original post by Olympiad
Your aren't allowed to cry, unless its happy crying.
Ok? Sad crying is also against the law

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok *puts thumb in mouth* :sadnod:
Original post by elliemarling
Yes please, haha! I'm so stressed I literally sat and cried for about ten minutes before...I really need at least an A in this subject and I'm doubting that I will considering the HUGE failure I made of myself in the English Language exam plus the fact that we've never actually done a practice paper just.....ugh. Someone hold me.

I've never done a practise paper too :s-smilie: Scary when your first time doing the exam is the real thing!
Reply 1428
Original post by fbrep2012
I feel Slim or Crooks are very likely to be mentioned in a question in OMAM. They have never been asked about before, so ensure that you understand their role in the story as well as their link with other characters.

I reckon Eric will come up in an Inspector Calls. He is a key character who has never been asked about. So make sure that you know his role in the play, how he changes throughout and whether he presents Priestly's message or not.

Crooks has come up before.
Reply 1429
Original post by DenchmanFrimmy
Linking phrases
Refer to the writers intentions
Embed Quotes
Viewpoint of reader
Close Language analysis
Contextual links and bakground knowledge

Doing this will mean you will be band 5 or 6 so A/A*

Thanks for this, but can you give me some examples of these as my class room is full of inconsiderate *******s who don't actually give a Poop about there future so they mess around, also the teacher doesn't help because she cant control the bloody class, rant over.
Original post by SHELLYJ
What exam are you talking about? I'm sitting TKAMB and poems, and an inspector calls and never let me go and we are not allowed any copies of the text???????

Seriously!?!?!? We're allowed copies d the text I'm sitting OMAM and The Crucible tomorrow and Poetry on Thursday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JustaDreamer
Ok *puts thumb in mouth* :sadnod:

Good. On the other hand, you are allowed to PEE during your exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Avor
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE for tomorrow!
Will hope it all goes well.

For an A* we need 49/68 according to january...

The two books? I thought it was out of 60? 30 marks for play 30 marks for novel?
Good luck for tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 1433
Original post by Hilton184
Hi guys.. so I'm sitting this exam tomorrow on 'Lord of the Flies' and 'Of Mice and Men'..

I believe that during the main paragraphs of my essays I will succeed as I understand how to make a point, provide (embedded) quotations to back up said point, and then elaborate sophisticatedly to show my understanding. However, what I do struggle on is forming an opening paragraph and a concluding paragraph.

Can somebody inform me exactly what is an ideal opening paragraph? For example on Ralph/Roger in LOTF or Curley/Slim in OMAM, what would I write about that I wouldn't simply write about in a main paragraph? And what exactly shall I write in a concluding paragraph?

If someone could give me an example opening/concluding paragraph on any of the 4 characters above (or any other aspect of either novel) then that would be fantastic.

Thank you.

Due to the time constraints of the exam you really don't want to waste to long on the introduction.
I'm going to merely turn the question into a statement and maybe give a really general sentence about the topic of the question then just start writing the main parts.
Original post by ryanb97
Im going to try this at about 10 ... its a nice question!

ryan

Ooo i'll think about that question :smile:
Remember to sleep early! xD
Good luck :smile:
Have any of ya got GCSE pod? If your struggling just listen to that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harvey99
Thanks for this, but can you give me some examples of these as my class room is full of inconsiderate *******s who don't actually give a Poop about there future so they mess around, also the teacher doesn't help because she cant control the bloody class, rant over.

I attached a model answer have a read of that and look at the way the language is analysed and the style of writing.

Also a good idea for the exam is to know how to structure your answer and as long you have a few valid points and quotes and know how to write i'm confident you are capable of getting high grade
Original post by blahblahblahxo
can anyone think of possible characters that haven't come up before? for Of Mice And Men?

Slim
Carlson
Curley

:s-smilie: I'm just reading through notes about these characters now
Original post by DenchmanFrimmy
I attached a model answer have a read of that and look at the way the language is analysed and the style of writing.

Also a good idea for the exam is to know how to structure your answer and as long you have a few valid points and quotes and know how to write i'm confident you are capable of getting high grade

Was that parts A and B?
Reply 1439
To Kill a mocking bird and An Inspector Calls. I might have actually liked them had i read them on my own, but im bloody sick of them now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending