The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Strong force binds quarks together
Residual strong force/strong nuclear force binds proton and neutrons together.

Proton and neutron are baryons. So they are also quarks? :confused:
Original post by StalkeR47
voltmeter is not measuring lost volt. it is measuring the voltage at the resistor. however, as the current increases, the lost volt inside the battery also increases so the pd across battery terminal decreases. and therefore, the voltmeter reads lower value of voltage at the resistance. Again, this is because more voltage is being used up in the battery (increase in lost volt). Did you get this?

after reading this 3 times I get it woohoo! rep+ and I'm going to screenshot this to remember,thanks
Original post by BenChard
after reading this 3 times I get it woohoo! rep+ and I'm going to screenshot this to remember,thanks

I am very happy that you understood this!!! Thanks :p:p
Original post by Loopset
Guys, im pretty sure the experiment question will be a long question on the photoelectric effect, of why it shows the particle-like nature of waves. Or it could be on how the flourescent tube works. Neither of those topics came up in the Jan 13 paper. If it is an experiment one it could be on how to find the internal resistance of a battery as that hasn't come up yet.

How do you find the internal resistance of a battery?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 624
So say if you got a 6/8 mark questions explaining why the photoelectric effect proved the particle nature of light rather than the wave, what would your points be?
I am very happy that you understood this!!! Thanks :p:p

Your posts make me laugh!

You're always so enthusiastic! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done the specimen paper provided on the AQA website, because its impossibly difficult. Do you think question
3cii) is fair? Also if someone could explain question 5b) then that would be great. Also 6b seems tricky and 7ciii) is also very hard. If anyone could attempt to explain them it would be appreciated. In other past papers I consistently get 60+, but I got 44 on this. http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-PHYA1-W-SMS-07.PDF
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 627
Not looking forward to this exam :frown:
Reply 628
How do you hate me when I say...
I got an A in January but I am resitting! Because I want full UMS...
A douche yes?
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Your posts make me laugh!

You're always so enthusiastic! xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks Sophie:biggrin:! I feel really proud when I help someone!
Reply 630
Original post by westarmy
A douche yes?

Also hoping for full UMS here. Got full ums in unit 2 in january.
Proton and neutron are baryons. So they are also quarks? :confused:

They are a combination of quarks. The two strong forces I described simply act at different ranges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_interaction
Original post by westarmy
A douche yes?

Lol I'm attempting to do the same
Reply 633
Original post by GeneralOJB
Also hoping for full UMS here. Got full ums in unit 2 in january.

Yeh hoping for Unit 2... For some reason I find unit 2 unbelievably easy, no revision for a mock = 63/70
Why is unit 2 easier than 1?
Then again I'm a guy who loves his mechanics :colone:
Strong force binds quarks together
Residual strong force/strong nuclear force binds proton and neutrons together.

Ahah! (Thank you :smile: )
Are there any differences between the following:
weak nuclear force, weak force, weak interaction, weak nuclear interaction?
Are some of them nonsense?
They are a combination of quarks. The two strong forces I described simply act at different ranges.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_interaction

ok.
Reply 636
Can someone please help me with question 3b? I got the right answers initially but when I go back and look over it, I can't quite figure out what I did. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.egsphysics.co.uk/files/a_level_past_papers/Jan04/AQA-PHA3W-W-QP-Jan04.pdf
Original post by dunkdeboffin

In the exam, you should either say weak interaction or weak nuclear force/interaction. That have same meaning in the context. Just make sure you use the word weak force/interaction.
Reply 638
Original post by yajman
Can someone please help me with question 3b? I got the right answers initially but when I go back and look over it, I can't quite figure out what I did. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.egsphysics.co.uk/files/a_level_past_papers/Jan04/AQA-PHA3W-W-QP-Jan04.pdf

Y-gain and time base control...
However knowing the value of these settings are necessarily required in unit 1 exam, you should explain by saying 'adjust until a full cycle in shown on oscilloscope screen'
Original post by dunkdeboffin

Same thing. If you get a question asking you about it I'd just call it the weak interaction or force.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending