The Student Room Group

HISTORY UNIT 2M 22may 2013

Hi everyone I decided to start a thread since there wasn't one for this year. How is preparation going?.

Scroll to see replies

This paper is not going to be my favourite put it that way!

I am doing the British section, from Pitt to Peel, and there is so much to learn it seems. Also my teacher is a one for letting us 'find it out for ourselves' which may be something that is useful to learn for university but now is really stressing me out. I am literally about to sit down and do some more reading and note taking on this paper now after I have had said hi to my family who have just come in. How's yours going? :smile:

xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
how is everyone preparing this exam is so close :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by I like school
This paper is not going to be my favourite put it that way!

I am doing the British section, from Pitt to Peel, and there is so much to learn it seems. Also my teacher is a one for letting us 'find it out for ourselves' which may be something that is useful to learn for university but now is really stressing me out. I am literally about to sit down and do some more reading and note taking on this paper now after I have had said hi to my family who have just come in. How's yours going? :smile:

xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont understand you are you doing nazi or not?:curious:
Reply 4
My predictions are
youth
churches
war
consolidation of power

We need more people in this thread!
I thought this was a popular unit
Reply 5
Anyone doing British India?
Reply 6
History unit 2M specifically refers to life in Nazi Germany, so no one will be doing British India in this thread...
Reply 7
Anyone know what came up in Jan?
Reply 8
I have a feeling section 1 will come up. Not too sure whether to revise sec 3 or 4 though! Quite confused because its so unpredictable!
Reply 9
Section 3 chapter 6 came up in jan.
Reply 10
Original post by Filch's cat
Section 3 chapter 6 came up in jan.

But what specifically?
The police state, conformity and resistance
Reply 12
The police state, conformity and resistance

Do you know what the actual Q's were and what do you think will come up?
Vaguely. The que on the police state had something to do with control over German people. And well me personally I actually think it's better to revise things that have come up because it's easier but more importantly because the AS American history exam I just did involved the same sections that had come up for the past 3 years! And one section hasn't come up in 3 years and it wasn't on the paper, I was so angry lol so now I'm just going to revise sec 1,2 and 3. 2 of them will definitely come up anyway and it'll be easier than starting section 4 which in my opinion may not come up, Not too sure but this seems the most logical thing to do.
The consolidation of power is a definite must in my opinion (sec 1) and after that it's a a win win situation. Because if you do sec 2 and 3 you'll be sorted to answer 2 of 3 questions in the exam.
Reply 15
this is really a hard gamble!
I know right but after the American history exam predictions being a complete fail I'm going to have to do this. :/
Reply 17
I'm doing the loss of the American colonies and we were literally taught the war of independence a week ago, this exam is not gonna go well :c
After what happened with Unit 1 in January (same topic came up twice in a row) I don't think predicting the topics is going to be an option anymore.
The sources really annoy me, they never make sense and it takes half an hour to find vague similarities and differences that hardly relate to your own knowledge. Guh.
Good luck guys, if it makes you feel any better, I'm far from prepared
Reply 18
Original post by L_Vieru
I'm doing the loss of the American colonies and we were literally taught the war of independence a week ago, this exam is not gonna go well :c
After what happened with Unit 1 in January (same topic came up twice in a row) I don't think predicting the topics is going to be an option anymore.
The sources really annoy me, they never make sense and it takes half an hour to find vague similarities and differences that hardly relate to your own knowledge. Guh.
Good luck guys, if it makes you feel any better, I'm far from prepared

I'm retaking this unit and i can give you some tips
Source questions:
Look at who is writing sopade,gestapo,sd, hitler .. whoever that is an important part for the 'your own knowledge' mark
Always relate all your differences to the question 'how far it was .....'
try to make quotes to highlight the main areas the differ
partb
define important words like 'conform' 'opposition' 'resistance'these words have some special meaning that can help you structure your answer and show them your thinking of the question

For quetsion that state:
How far was X the cause of Y.....
answer it by saying
X caused y because.....3points
then argue X did not cause y because.....2points
or X did not cause Y as there are more important factors that might have caused y. 3 factors
Conclusion
This is just basic guide that could be applied for most part b questions I hope it was helpful i can explain anything if you want me to goodluck :smile:
Reply 19
I know right but after the American history exam predictions being a complete fail I'm going to have to do this. :/

I really feel
Consolidation
Youth
Churches would come up
and if you look at the paper the final years always come up so thats almost something people should read

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending