The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
Well everyone says something about wanting a C at least, I'll definitely get more than that for both. I think I'll just omit my Lit from my UCAS.

You don't really need anything in it though.

When institutions say they want 5A*-C grades including English and Maths, they mean Language, not Literature :mmm:
Original post by MangoFreak
You don't really need anything in it though.

When institutions say they want 5A*-C grades including English and Maths, they mean Language, not Literature :mmm:

yup, I know. Why am I even doing English Lit btw? :frown:
Scumbag British education system

I guess I could go on about how English Lit is actually quite helpful which is why you have to do it in IB, but it seems too **** ._.
Original post by Bude8
I'm sure you had lots of fun memorising texts inside out since you find it easy :h:

Well, my revision for this exam begun around 40 minutes ago so we'll see but I did get 100 UMS in the 30% CA so I'm not really bothered if I get an A* or A.
Original post by Bude8
yup, I know. Why am I even doing English Lit btw? :frown:
Scumbag British education system

I guess I could go on about how English Lit is actually quite helpful which is why you have to do it in IB, but it seems too **** ._.

I prefer to think of GCSEs as "actual education taster sessions" :lol: People can find out what they might be interested in.
Not really, I've forgotten which those are, I just tend to do well at it :tongue:

Haha lucky you :P
This is my re- sit
Got a C first time without revision but my mum takes it waaaaay too seriously so is making me do it now :/ can't remember anything, even forgot what PRINCE stood for for a bit x_x
last minute tips for OMAM and poetry lit exam ? :smile:
Original post by sophiekutie
Haha lucky you :P
This is my re- sit
Got a C first time without revision but my mum takes it waaaaay too seriously so is making me do it now :/ can't remember anything, even forgot what PRINCE stood for for a bit x_x

I imagine that PRINCE is my class' equivalent to RAVEN (Reputation, something, vested interest, expertise, neutrality? :tongue: I don't actually use it :colondollar:)

The content is actually quite useful to know for other subjects and just everyday life, you know :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I'm sure you had lots of fun memorising texts inside out since you find it easy :h:

Woah, you need to wake up that early?!
On normal school days I have to wake up at 7 if I have a morning exam (compulsive breakfast), but if not then I can wake up/get up at 8:30 :colone:

Depends really, on when you sleep. If possible, sleep for 7 and a half hours. Either that, or 9 hours. I'd probably wake up at 5:45, you might end up lying in for 15 mins as well.

I normally wake up around 6.30ish but I want to do early morning revision :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I imagine that PRINCE is my class' equivalent to RAVEN (Reputation, something, vested interest, expertise, neutrality? :tongue: I don't actually use it :colondollar:)

The content is actually quite useful to know for other subjects and just everyday life, you know :lol:

Yes my class use braven... Which just sounds outdated and I forget what they stand for, so I use prince...
Perception, reputation, (vested) interest, neutrality(/bias), corroboration, expertise. :smile:
It just sounds better :cool:
Yeah it is but also vey easy to not get marks for, if you choose one word, and the examiner has a different one, even if they mean the same thing you can loose the marks
(Btw your A would be the "ability to perceive") x
Reply 2589
English exam tomorrow! I feel so unprepared! :/

**** purple hibiscus and inspector calls! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any last minute mnemonics or tips for the english language tomorrow? Good luck anybody taking it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Anybody here doing Edexcel GCSE English Literature Prose Tomorrow?

Of Mice & Men & An Inspector Calls
Original post by sophiekutie
Yes my class use braven... Which just sounds outdated and I forget what they stand for, so I use prince...
Perception, reputation, (vested) interest, neutrality(/bias), corroboration, expertise. :smile:
It just sounds better :cool:
Yeah it is but also vey easy to not get marks for, if you choose one word, and the examiner has a different one, even if they mean the same thing you can loose the marks
(Btw your A would be the "ability to perceive") x

Yeah that's true :tongue: Lost some marks in past papers for miswordings :unimpressed:

I realised it was "ability to perceive" about 5 seconds before reading this :facepalm2: :tongue:
Reply 2593
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Is Anybody here doing Edexcel GCSE English Literature prose tomorrow?

Of Mice & Men & An Inspector Calls

I'm doing the latter but AQA board. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2594
Yeah that's true :tongue: Lost some marks in past papers for miswordings :unimpressed:

I realised it was "ability to perceive" about 5 seconds before reading this :facepalm2: :tongue:

What is braven used for? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
If ur doing eng Lang I did that last yr and got 1/2 marks off A (thanks to the ****s at AQA) and all I did was just do some practice questions day or two before exam and looked through my revision guide (letts one) nothing else
And when i say looked i do mean LOOKED lol Look online or on past papers for a few questions that's it don't overwhelm ur self if ur exams in morning or ull b too dead in morn and go to bed on time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well it sounds like your gonna do better than me! :tongue:. good luck! x
Original post by Jina
What is braven used for? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ummmm "evaluating the credibility of a document"
Basically saying wether the credibility of it is strengthened/weakened by any of those factors :smile:
Reply 2598
So, who can't sleep?

Wish tomorrow was over already :s-smilie:
English lit and chemistry!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2599
Original post by rsmith97
So, who can't sleep?

Wish tomorrow was over already :s-smilie:
English lit and chemistry!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha you have the same initials and last name as my english teacher. Had me worried there for a second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest