The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what is the answer to the big youngs modulus question? i.e. what do they ask and what would you get marks for on it? any model questions/answers?
Reply 221
Original post by Legal drugdealer
what do you guys think will come up as in most likely??

youngs modulus experiment looks likely
Reply 222
Hope everyone does well tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 223
Original post by Kreayshawn
what is the answer to the big youngs modulus question? i.e. what do they ask and what would you get marks for on it? any model questions/answers?

Jan 2010 Q7 it came up with a long quaestion, if you look at the mark scheme you'll see what you have to put to get the marks
Original post by rfka
Jan 2010 Q7 it came up with a long quaestion, if you look at the mark scheme you'll see what you have to put to get the marks

thanks pal
Reply 225
Can anyone help me with question 12a)? Kinda in panic mode!! :eek:

HELP.png
Reply 226
Original post by P!=NP
Anybody got Jan 2013 markscheme, can't seem to be able to locate it.

Here
Reply 227
Original post by loua96

HELP.png

You know the time, the acceleration and the final velocity (v=0 at max height). So then just use suvat to find max height :smile:
Reply 228
Original post by loua96

HELP.png

It's a parabolic motion question; draw out a diagram and work with the vertical components.
You know, vertically, a = 9.81, at the maximum height v = 0, the time will be halved as it's only gone half the distance so t = 0.125 and as you want s, use s = vt-1/2at^2
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 229
Original post by Baraf
can someone share notes, worked questions etc on these points.

describe and explain how
1. seat belts
2. air bags
3. crumble zone

in cars reduce impact forces on the driver in accident.

and also describe how air bags work, including triggering mechanism.

guys need some serious help here, I prefer reading notes over the book, can someone post notes and also questions on this topic.
Reply 230
Is anyone else feeling quite relaxed about this exam?
Reply 231
Original post by amarz

uh no. But I'm not panicking either...although, I feel like I should be :biggrin:
Seatbelts/airbags:

The time taken for the driver to stop is increased using both airbags and seatbelts. An increased change in time results in a decrease in acceleration (as a=(v-u)/t, but you don't really need to say this), and a decrease in acceleration results in a decrease in force due to F=ma. Also they both prevent collisons with the windscreen/steering wheel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 233
Original post by MrJiggly
uh no. But I'm not panicking either...although, I feel like I should be :biggrin:

So true... I'm probably going to regret not panicking, but I can't care less at the moment.
What are you predicted to get?
Reply 234
Original post by amarz

yeah bro totally, gonna turn up hammered to the exam.
Reply 235
Original post by amarz
So true... I'm probably going to regret not panicking, but I can't care less at the moment.
What are you predicted to get?

hoping for an A, but I'm not too bothered about Physics really. I'm a bit disillusioned by mechanics. Only thing I like (well vaguely) is quantum physics.
Reply 236
hoping for an A, but I'm not too bothered about Physics really. I'm a bit disillusioned by mechanics. Only thing I like (well vaguely) is quantum physics.

let me guess, the only thing that interests you in that topic is the parallel universe theory, right?
Reply 237
Original post by Joseph-
let me guess, the only thing that interests you in that topic is the parallel universe theory, right?

Yup, that would be interesting but I'm talking about the As modules. Only thing about quantum physics there is photons, which is relatively more interesting than everything else we do. I want to MURDER Electricity...it's so craaaaaaaaaaap.
Reply 238
Yup, that would be interesting but I'm talking about the As modules. Only thing about quantum physics there is photons, which is relatively more interesting than everything else we do. I want to MURDER Electricity...it's so craaaaaaaaaaap.

electricity = the only bitch i cant do.
Reply 239
Original post by Joseph-
electricity = the only bitch i cant do.

I don't find electricity too bad, but sometimes I find it confusing. Other than that electricity is cool :wink: If only there was more Quantum Physics in the AS Units. Can't wait for the A2 Physics course!

Latest

Trending

Trending