The Student Room Group
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle

Cumbria uni Lancaster campus firms Sep 2013 start

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannah5490
I've firm accepted a Primary Education with QTS, and been offered Mill Hall accommodation which was my first choice! Just had my first exam this afternoon (English Lit), don't think it went too badly!

Im doing English combined and my exam is on 3rd June. I am dreading it! Have you done your QTS tests?
Design Students, University of Cumbria
University of Cumbria
Carlisle
Reply 41
Original post by Debs1987
Hi I have an interview on Wednesday for Mental Health Nursing and was wondering if anybody can provide me with some tips and how the process goes on the day?

I've just firmed Cumbria for mental health nursing and my interview was very laid back and informal, they just do a presentation on the course, then the maths test which is pretty simple and you can use a calculator then you just watch a video on people suffering with mental health issues and theres a lot to do with the stigma of mental health and then the interview where they ask a few questions on the video but mainly it's about why you chose mental health. They will also ask you about something regarding nursing that has taken your interest in the news. Very straightforward no trick questions and they are all lovely :-) good luck!! Any more questions just give me a shout! Hope to see you in September! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GemmaHolland16
My start date says 1st September too! But last year term didn't start until the 17th so I think we will be okay. I finish my exams on 14th June. I really can't wait. Good luck to anyone is sitting exams!

Ohhh good! Hahaha thought I was going to be stranded for 2 weeks! :smile:
Oh gosh! My course is all coursework so I feel preeeeeeetty lucky right now! Hahah
I still haven't received anything about accommodation yet! Getting slightly worried! Hahah x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JessicaByers
Ohhh good! Hahaha thought I was going to be stranded for 2 weeks! :smile:
Oh gosh! My course is all coursework so I feel preeeeeeetty lucky right now! Hahah
I still haven't received anything about accommodation yet! Getting slightly worried! Hahah x

When did you send off your form? I heard back within 2 days, I sent my form with my friend so I don't know if that makes a difference but I don't see why it should? Don't worry, I rang up about accommodation last week and they said they had only got 100 forms so far :smile: x
When did you send off your form? I heard back within 2 days, I sent my form with my friend so I don't know if that makes a difference but I don't see why it should? Don't worry, I rang up about accommodation last week and they said they had only got 100 forms so far :smile: x

I sent it like 3rd? But I've sent it from Hull, which I the complete other side if the country to Lancaster, so I don't know if that's made it take longer too
Ohhh, I'm sure it's fine...I HOPE it's fine! Hahah x

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will be fine! Don't worry about it :smile: I can't wait for September to come! Haha x
Im doing English combined and my exam is on 3rd June. I am dreading it! Have you done your QTS tests?

Good luck with your exam! I did both tests in April, I think? Passed first time - they really aren't as scary and difficult as the TA make them out to be, I actually struggled much more with the Cumbria self assessment maths thingy than the test! Have you done them yet?
It will be fine! Don't worry about it :smile: I can't wait for September to come! Haha x

Hahaha I'll probably ring in Monday! Such a worrier! Hahah I know! Me neither! Cannot waait! :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, i'm starting this september doing English at Lancaster! Applied for Waddell so fingers crossed :-)
Technically not a fresher as I've done my first year of the degree at Sheff Hallam (such a bad uni) so i'm going straight into my second year, but acting like a fresher :wink:

Anyone on facebook or twitter? :smile: i've probably got some good advice considering i've been living 3 hours from home for a year now!
Reply 49
Original post by hollyemmabarker
Hey, i'm starting this september doing English at Lancaster! Applied for Waddell so fingers crossed :-)
Technically not a fresher as I've done my first year of the degree at Sheff Hallam (such a bad uni) so i'm going straight into my second year, but acting like a fresher :wink:

Anyone on facebook or twitter? :smile: i've probably got some good advice considering i've been living 3 hours from home for a year now!

Hey! I really wanted to go to sheffield hallam before I realised it was to far away sounds like it was a good job I didn't haha! Yea my Facebook is lucy walker and I have a pink top with a black skirt on my profile picture:smile:!
Original post by hollyemmabarker

Aww have you heard anything back about accommodation?
I was going to apply for Sheff Hallam, until I saw loads of bad comments on it! Haha

Yeah I'm Jessica Byers on Facebook, there 2 people in my photo, and I live in 'Kingston upon Hull'! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by Shellybuz
I've just firmed Cumbria for mental health nursing and my interview was very laid back and informal, they just do a presentation on the course, then the maths test which is pretty simple and you can use a calculator then you just watch a video on people suffering with mental health issues and theres a lot to do with the stigma of mental health and then the interview where they ask a few questions on the video but mainly it's about why you chose mental health. They will also ask you about something regarding nursing that has taken your interest in the news. Very straightforward no trick questions and they are all lovely :-) good luck!! Any more questions just give me a shout! Hope to see you in September! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much for this.... What kind of things did you discuss at interview thats in the news? What kind if questions do tey ask you? Gosh i'm so nervous x
Reply 52
I too have an interview on Wednesday at Lancaster Campus for MH Nursing, I am terrified and I am not exaggerating! Years since I have had an academic interview, any pointers would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by Debs1987
Thanks very much for this.... What kind of things did you discuss at interview thats in the news? What kind if questions do tey ask you? Gosh i'm so nervous x

I just talked about the recent Francis report and how it will have a huge impact on nursing standards etc, that had just been in the news that week but is still very much a big issue. Once I mentioned it he kind of led the conversation from there, just asking me my opinions on what could be done ie more staff, more rigorous recruiting etc all of which he agreed with so I think I was safe with that one?! I panicked for ages after thinking I could have said more or I said the wrong thing but I got a place so all was ok!! They asked things like why you chose MH and how you feel you will cope with the placement/work/life balance. Have some questions ready to show interest and tbh it's all very informal so don't worry. I was nervous as hell so I know how you feel! Just be yourself and be prepared and all will be fine!! Any more questions please just ask, I found these forums a godsend when I was worrying!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Shellybuz
I just talked about the recent Francis report and how it will have a huge impact on nursing standards etc, that had just been in the news that week but is still very much a big issue. Once I mentioned it he kind of led the conversation from there, just asking me my opinions on what could be done ie more staff, more rigorous recruiting etc all of which he agreed with so I think I was safe with that one?! I panicked for ages after thinking I could have said more or I said the wrong thing but I got a place so all was ok!! They asked things like why you chose MH and how you feel you will cope with the placement/work/life balance. Have some questions ready to show interest and tbh it's all very informal so don't worry. I was nervous as hell so I know how you feel! Just be yourself and be prepared and all will be fine!! Any more questions please just ask, I found these forums a godsend when I was worrying!! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much for this you've been a great help, congrats on getting your place and i'll hopefully see you in September, hope the numercy test is simple? Been doig a few practice ones xx
I also received my accommodation offer the other day! :smile:
Waddell Hall North
Anyone else?
Original post by JessicaByers
I also received my accommodation offer the other day! :smile:
Waddell Hall North
Anyone else?

I'm Waddell North too! I think they tend to put people doing similar courses in flats together so you never know! :smile:
I'm in waddell hall but south... haha
I'm in Waddell south too :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Officially finished sixthform today's guys! One step closer to uni (hopefully)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending