The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 2 May 21st 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi, does anyone has the january 2013 fieldwork questions they could post? Our teacher is hopeless, thanks in advance.
Reply 121
Original post by hannahsm
Hi, does anyone has the january 2013 fieldwork questions they could post? Our teacher is hopeless, thanks in advance.

2 (a) (i) Describe the characteristic features of your study area.
............................................................................................................
2 (a) (ii) Outline risks associated with primary data collection and explain how you attempted
to minimise these.
......................................................................................................................
2 (b) With reference to the aim of your fieldwork investigation, justify one method of data
collection.
.........................................................................................................................
2 (C) Describe one method you used to present data collected in your fieldwork
investigation.
...........................................................................................................................
2 (d) Summarise the main findings of your fieldwork investigation.
...........................................................................................................................
Reply 122
Hey guys!! I got a C in January but re-taking it tomorrow, if i do worse in tomorrow's exam will i get my best grade? Or do i keep the grade i get in the recent exam? :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by Beni24
Hey guys!! I got a C in January but re-taking it tomorrow, if i do worse in tomorrow's exam will i get my best grade? Or do i keep the grade i get in the recent exam? :smile:

get your best grade :smile:
I found Unit 1 so hard so im hoping to pull my grade up by this! Any idea what questions might come up?
Reply 125
hey guys, I am really confused on this spearman correlation thing. My rs value is 0.883 and my critical value for spearman rank at the 5% significance level is 0.700. What does this mean ?
Reply 126
Original post by Donny29
hey guys, I am really confused on this spearman correlation thing. My rs value is 0.883 and my critical value for spearman rank at the 5% significance level is 0.700. What does this mean ?

It means your data is great! That means that there is a strong correlation and less then 5% of your results was down to chance
Reply 127
Original post by Welbeck
............................................................................................................
2 (a) (ii) Outline risks associated with primary data collection and explain how you attempted
to minimise these.
......................................................................................................................
2 (b) With reference to the aim of your fieldwork investigation, justify one method of data
collection.
.........................................................................................................................
investigation.

Question 2b, what does it mean by method of data collection? E.g PDA? Which is an ict method of collecting method.
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by Jaydude
Question 2b, what does it mean by method of data collection? E.g PDA? Which is an ict method of collecting method.
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It means what did you measure on the fieldtrip. If you used the PDA to measure some form of data then you should describe the method of collecting the data. e.g. in my investigation I measured river velocity so I described how I did that
Original post by hannahsm

There you go (bellow) I've got the non field work ones as well :biggrin:

Original post by Welbeck
to minimise these.
collection.
investigation.
Reply 130
How is everyone revising for the first section of the paper? and are there any notes you are memorising?
Original post by l-g
How is everyone revising for the first section of the paper? and are there any notes you are memorising?

lol i am just re-reading lightly the core sections in unit 1
can you make data up?
Reply 133
Has anyone got the Jan 2013 paper and mark scheme?
What does GEMA stand for when answering the first half of the questions?
Reply 135
Original post by CurtisDean
Hey everyone!

This is for anyone taking the exam next Tuesday to discuss revision techniques etc.

If you just took the Geog1 exam today, I hope it went well!

:smile: :biggrin:

How many METHODS should we learn? surely we must just learn one really well to use and evaluate etc if need be? as it normally asks for one method. or must we learn all of them?
Reply 136
I got a low B in January, retaking. It seems on every question I'm 'stuck in level 1', anyone know how to consistently get into level 2 to get the highest marks ?
Reply 137
Original post by Welbeck
to minimise these.
collection.
investigation.

do you know how many marks each question was worth?
Reply 138
Referring to your results, outline the main conclusions of your enquiry and suggest
further areas of research. (8marks)

Is anyone able to take this question and break it down on what it wants and how many marks would be associated with each section?

e.g. Conclusion (What happened) - 2marks etc
Original post by dh1995
do you know how many marks each question was worth?

2 (a) (i) Describe the characteristic features of your study area. (5 marks)
................................ ................................ ................................ ............
2 (a) (ii) Outline risks associated with primary data collection and explain how you attempted to minimise these. (5 marks)
................................ ................................ ................................ ......................
2 (b) With reference to the aim of your fieldwork investigation, justify one method of data collection. (6 marks)
................................ ................................ ................................ .........................
2 (C) Describe one method you used to present data collected in your fieldwork investigation. (5 marks)
................................ ................................ ................................ ...........................
2 (d) Summarise the main findings of your fieldwork investigation. (4 marks)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending