The Student Room Group

AS History OCR F961 Option B: Liberals and Conservatives 1856-95

I'm taking this exam on Wednesday, does anyone have advice for revising the six topics:

How were the Whigs transformed into the Liberals (1846-68)?

What was Gladstonian Liberalism and how successful was Gladstone's first ministry (1868-74)?

How did Disraeli become the Conservative's leader?

What was Disraelian Conservatism?

How successful was Disraeli's second ministry?

How successful were Gladstone's later ministries (1880-85, 1892-95)?

Even if you have found any condensed revision notes online, I would really appreciate a link to them since I can find nothing!

Elliot

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found using the OCR textbook's revision check-list really helpful for each one of those 6 topics. Do you have the book?
Also, have you got any tips for how to answer the actual questions, the context part isn't the hard part for me I think, it's just getting my writing to the high A level standards I need?
Reply 3
Original post by BenH95
I found using the OCR textbook's revision check-list really helpful for each one of those 6 topics. Do you have the book?
Also, have you got any tips for how to answer the actual questions, the context part isn't the hard part for me I think, it's just getting my writing to the high A level standards I need?

I do, is there a chance you could link me to the check list?

Thanks,

Elliot
Reply 4
Original post by BenH95
Here are my condensed revision cards - hope they're helpful! Sorry there's so many, but the first 3 files are to do with Disraeli, 4th one is Foreign Policy over the period, next 3 are Gladstone and the last one is just about Whigs/Liberal transformation.

Thank you so much, these will really help me!

Is there a chance you could post the Glad liberalism and Glad's first ministry one again? The file is telling me it is corrupt

Elliot
Reply 5
Yeah sorry I had a bit of trouble with that file, here it is again. And for the check-list it should be on page 215 (if the book is the OCR History A one).
Ben
Reply 6
I found this set of notes; they're quite useful, but at the same time don't go into great detail, so what I did was print them out and annotated them. They also split the notes up into similar sections that you asked about. Hope they help
Reply 7
ah thanks for all your revision notes, im stealing them :tongue: hoping topic 6 doesnt come up as im not revising it!
Reply 8
Original post by BenH95
Yeah sorry I had a bit of trouble with that file, here it is again. And for the check-list it should be on page 215 (if the book is the OCR History A one).
Ben

Great, thanks a lot and good luck!
Reply 9
Original post by Bounce4
I found this set of notes; they're quite useful, but at the same time don't go into great detail, so what I did was print them out and annotated them. They also split the notes up into similar sections that you asked about. Hope they help

Thank you for posting these. Look great for a last look over!
Thanks guys, these notes are really helpful.
Does anyone know roughly how many raw marks is needed for 90 UMS?
Reply 11
Original post by nyami001.303
Thanks guys, these notes are really helpful.
Does anyone know roughly how many raw marks is needed for 90 UMS?

well 74 was 80 ums in january so probably around 79 marks for 90 then 85 for 100 ums :smile:
Original post by charrey
well 74 was 80 ums in january so probably around 79 marks for 90 then 85 for 100 ums :smile:

Thanks, and wow, 85 for 100 UMS! That would be great but I'm worried that's a bit too optimistic:rolleyes:
Reply 13
Original post by nyami001.303
Thanks, and wow, 85 for 100 UMS! That would be great but I'm worried that's a bit too optimistic:rolleyes:

well im just guessing because for my geography exam in january i got full ums and it was only 75/90 so im hoping its the same sort of thing for history!
Reply 14
Good luck everyone taking the exam today, can't wait to get this one over with!
Reply 15
how did everyone find it??:smile:
Reply 16
I did Q4 and Q5 about disraelian conservatism and Disraeli's foreign and imperial policy. thought Q4 was pretty good but Q5 was unexpected and a bit difficult to specifically answer. Grade boundary predictions? About 70 for an A and 83 for full UMS is my guess
Reply 17
Original post by TW2112
I did Q4 and Q5 about disraelian conservatism and Disraeli's foreign and imperial policy. thought Q4 was pretty good but Q5 was unexpected and a bit difficult to specifically answer. Grade boundary predictions? About 70 for an A and 83 for full UMS is my guess

i thought Q4 was so hard but i didnt revise topic 6 so had to do it anyway hopefully i got atleast 30 something marks for it, then i did Q5 which was a lot better. Yeah i think around 70-73 will be an A and that sounds about right for full ums. have to wait and see!
Reply 18
Thank you so much for posting those revision notes Bounce! They really helped.

Feel like I passed the paper, found both questions four and five Ok since I hadn't revised topic six so I could't do the third question.
Original post by Bounce4

Do you have a set of these for OCR A2 Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending