Posted from TSR Mobile

hehe,,,,

OMAM and Lord of the flies

are you on AQA???

Original post by ryanb97
hehe,,,,

OMAM and Lord of the flies

are you on AQA???

Yes, I'm on AQA...Which characters are most likely to appear for Of Mice an Men in your opinion? :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Yes, I'm on AQA...Which characters are most likely to appear for Of Mice an Men in your opinion? :smile:

personally i think that it will be a slim/curley question
or a description of a place.. something to do with iterant workers

or maybe something to do with a theme -- that hasnt come up yet

hbu?

are you doing unit 2? -- im doing conflict..

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
personally i think that it will be a slim/curley question
or a description of a place.. something to do with iterant workers

or maybe something to do with a theme -- that hasnt come up yet

hbu?

are you doing unit 2? -- im doing conflict..

ryan

I predict it will be Slim but Curley or something about the setting (e.g. the change in the scenery in the first and last chapters) seems probable as well, although I don't see how they could split the question into two segments and allow us to write enough about it.

No, I'm not doing Unit 2 since I had my exam for it last year. I also did conflict although I received a B. :redface:

EDIT: is there a likelihood that Candy will come up?
(edited 10 years ago)
Yay! English Literature done and dusted- hopefully I haven't blundered :tongue:

I've now got these exams to do:
English Language
Maths
Geography
ICT
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
FSMQ Additional Maths
Statistics

Can't wait :redface:
Reply 165
Yay! English Literature done and dusted- hopefully I haven't blundered :tongue:

I've now got these exams to do:
English Language
Maths
Geography
ICT
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
FSMQ Additional Maths
Statistics

Can't wait :redface:

oh gosh... ive got 3 more this week.. then 6 after the holidays...

how many gcse's do you get at the end of year 11... i only get 9 grrr

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
oh gosh... ive got 3 more this week.. then 6 after the holidays...

how many gcse's do you get at the end of year 11... i only get 9 grrr

ryan

I think I get 12 GCSEs in total and a FSMQ in Additional Maths...I've got all 11 exams after half term. I had my English Lit exam today and then my first exam after half term will be English Language. :eek:
Reply 167
I think I get 12 GCSEs in total and a FSMQ in Additional Maths...I've got all 11 exams after half term. I had my English Lit exam today and then my first exam after half term will be English Language. :eek:

oh wow... i would be happy with 12...

hehe.. im doing english language again ... are you?

ryan
HOW did you lot get full marks on modules 1 - 3?

HOW DID YOU REVISE!! AND HOW ARE YOU REVISING FOR MODULES 4 - 6?

I need 128/160 for A in Bio
I need 120/160 for A in Physics and Chemistry

Anyone with full marks tell me how you revised please as I need these A's otherwise my GCSE results will look ****.
Original post by IHTWFR
HOW did you lot get full marks on modules 1 - 3?

HOW DID YOU REVISE!! AND HOW ARE YOU REVISING FOR MODULES 4 - 6?

I need 128/160 for A in Bio
I need 120/160 for A in Physics and Chemistry

Anyone with full marks tell me how you revised please as I need these A's otherwise my GCSE results will look ****.

Last year, science, RE and English were the only exams I had so I could devote a lot of time to revising science. I'm not sure how I got full marks but I printed off the specification and then used that to learn the content in my revision guides inside out. I also did loads of past paper questions and since I'm on a new syllabus, I did most of the past papers from the old specification.

Hope this helped :smile:

(I got 140/140 for bio and chem and 138/140 for phys)
Original post by ryanb97
oh wow... i would be happy with 12...

hehe.. im doing english language again ... are you?

ryan

I'm not retaking- this will be my first attempt- are you on AQA and is it that 2 hours 15 minutes English language exam on the 4th June? :smile:
Reply 171
I'm not retaking- this will be my first attempt- are you on AQA and is it that 2 hours 15 minutes English language exam on the 4th June? :smile:

yep!!

have you done any pp??

oh and i should tell you
time management in crucial.. i pretty much left out the 1st 16mark question last year - oh gosh!!
oh and theres a lot more... but i will make a new thread after the poetry exam blows over

What are you revising for now then??

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
yep!!

have you done any pp??

oh and i should tell you
time management in crucial.. i pretty much left out the 1st 16mark question last year - oh gosh!!
oh and theres a lot more... but i will make a new thread after the poetry exam blows over

What are you revising for now then??

ryan

Well, today I'll probably take some time off. :cool: But I'll be focusing on a science per day for the next few days, then I'll devote several days to geography and maths. I will also try and get some English revision sessions in next week- I bought this revision guide from school which cost £2.99 but it's RRP was £9.99 but I've barely used it. :tongue: I assume you will be preparing for your poetry exam? :smile:
Reply 173
Well, today I'll probably take some time off. :cool: But I'll be focusing on a science per day for the next few days, then I'll devote several days to geography and maths. I will also try and get some English revision sessions in next week- I bought this revision guide from school which cost £2.99 but it's RRP was £9.99 but I've barely used it. :tongue: I assume you will be preparing for your poetry exam? :smile:

which one is it??

im using a CGP book
plus there seems to be a lot of resources froom mr bruff

and yeah poetry all the way!!

have you got any good tips for poetry??
especially the unseen part - im crap at that! lol

ryan
Original post by ryanb97
which one is it??

im using a CGP book
plus there seems to be a lot of resources froom mr bruff

and yeah poetry all the way!!

have you got any good tips for poetry??
especially the unseen part - im crap at that! lol

ryan

For poetry, you should ALWAYS mention the structure or its layout and you words like oxymoron and juxtaposition...Also make sure you mention explicitly whether something is similar or different when comparing. However, I got a B in that exam but I think it was because of exam nerves and the unseen poems I completely dreaded, but if I were you I would try and find poems online and try and analyse them to develop your skills. :cool:

I had the CGP English revision guide but I decided to buy one from the school anyway since it was cheap. And if you have the money, I highly recommend you buy this book (the one I have):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Revision-English-Language-Higher/dp/0007341016

It is completely amazing since it has a workbook, and exam questions, as well as A/A* example responses, and sometimes a C grade response as well for comparison for nearly every topic we need to know about! It is much more comprehensive than the CGP book so I recommend you buy it! :smile:
Okay guys, I think we need to stop talking about other subjects.

Biology and General Sometimes...

But stick to Biology or OCR science in general please.

PM each other, or speak on the current year eleven thread.

Thanks
L'Evil Fish
How did you all find bio ?
Reply 177
Original post by sarahiscool
How did you all find bio ?

If you're talking about the B1, B2, B3 one (75 marker), the questions were really confusing and hard to know what they were asking for :frown: Grade boundaries for it are normally really low, so hopefully I'll still get an A* :biggrin:
Original post by Knowing
If you're talking about the B1, B2, B3 one (75 marker), the questions were really confusing and hard to know what they were asking for :frown: Grade boundaries for it are normally really low, so hopefully I'll still get an A* :biggrin:

Omg same, I spent half the time just working out what the question was asking, wtf was that whale question ? I think the paper was harders than last years where 57% was an A* so we should be ok :biggrin: .... I am also so annoyed how most of it was common sense and involved no actual biology
Reply 179
Original post by sarahiscool
Omg same, I spent half the time just working out what the question was asking, wtf was that whale question ? I think the paper was harders than last years where 57% was an A* so we should be ok :biggrin: .... I am also so annoyed how most of it was common sense and involved no actual biology

Exactly, no idea what trend or anything they were looking for... most annoying one was the pie chart question asking to show calculations... what calculations -.-... anyway I'm sure lots of people misunderstood questions and got them wrong so yeah, 40% for an A* please? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending