The Student Room Group

Chemistry c2 unit 2 aqa monday gcse 20th new spec

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ZeniB
I wrote about how you would react the magnesium ribbon with different % concentrations of the acid, I cant remember what it was :L and then measure the rate of reaction by measuring the amount of Hydrogen gas produced in a minute. For the fair test I said I would use the same sized piece of magnesium each time and repeat the experiment to make it reliable and detect anomalies.
Then I did a risk assessment. Basically I just wrote anything I could think of that might have some relevance to the question... :smile:

Ah.. I messed up on that question. Instead of writing the amount of hydrogen produced, I said you should use a timer to time how long it takes for the reaction to stop fizzing. I spoke about the measurements needed (amount of acid, magnesium and a stopwatch to time the reacting). and how to keep the test fair by only changing the concentration. I also stated what the independent and dependent variables were. :s-smilie:

Ah, well I think I did pretty well in the other questions so it should make up for it.

What did you say for the two observations the students could make?
Reply 81
Original post by 9examsleft
Did anyone put endothermic as the first question? 1b or 1ai < can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think i put exothermic... however thinking back it probably was endothermic :') lol! only one mark though :rolleyes:
Reply 82
Did anyone put endothermic as the first question? 1b or 1ai < can't remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I put endothermic, the second question right?
Easy. Gonna be high grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elm Tree
Ah.. I messed up on that question. Instead of writing the amount of hydrogen produced, I said you should use a timer to time how long it takes for the reaction to stop fizzing. I spoke about the measurements needed (amount of acid, magnesium and a stopwatch to time the reacting). and how to keep the test fair by only changing the concentration. I also stated what the independent and dependent variables were. :s-smilie:

Ah, well I think I did pretty well in the other questions so it should make up for it.

What did you say for the two observations the students could make?

That sounds about right, I'd say you'd only drop one mark at most! I said they could observe whether it fizzed or not, and whether it heated up, but I'm worried that counts as the same thing... What did you put?:s-smilie:
Reply 85
Original post by ZeniB
That sounds about right, I'd say you'd only drop one mark at most! I said they could observe whether it fizzed or not, and whether it heated up, but I'm worried that counts as the same thing... What did you put?:s-smilie:

I wrote the same things :smile: And they shouldn't count as the same thing :biggrin:
Reply 86
What was the carbon dioxide question?
What was the answer to the question about the Jon used to make the solution alkali and the acidic one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Original post by denyswilcox_
Easy. Gonna be high grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh, i think so too :rolleyes: what did everyone find hardest? I thought the 6 marker was random but easy enough - more like an ISA! :') some of my friends got really carried away and starting listing what they used and made risk assessment tables :') It was just about explaining the experiment through either the change in mass method, or gas syringe method, and then saying what you'd do to keep it fair e,g, same amount of hcl and same type of metal.. maybe. Then you just had to state what you measured depending on the method you chose it was very much common sense in my opinion.

For the half equation one did everyone put 2, and 2e- in the gaps??
Reply 88
Original post by LjWol
Yeahh, i think so too :rolleyes: what did everyone find hardest? I thought the 6 marker was random but easy enough - more like an ISA! :') some of my friends got really carried away and starting listing what they used and made risk assessment tables :') It was just about explaining the experiment through either the change in mass method, or gas syringe method, and then saying what you'd do to keep it fair e,g, same amount of hcl and same type of metal.. maybe. Then you just had to state what you measured depending on the method you chose it was very much common sense in my opinion.

For the half equation one did everyone put 2, and 2e- in the gaps??

Yes for the half equation :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
What was the carbon dioxide question?
What was the answer to the question about the Jon used to make the solution alkali and the acidic one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not surre, but i think the answer your looking for it might be H+ for the acidic and OH- for the alkali but i can't exactly remember the question- could it have been where neutralisation was the answer??
I did to for the Half equation also for the carbon atoms structure one did people say that it is a simple molecular compound with weak I'm forces in between the molecules but strong covalent bonds between the atoms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Yes for the half equation :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wohoooo!
Reply 92
Original post by moodavies106
I did to for the Half equation also for the carbon atoms structure one did people say that it is a simple molecular compound with weak I'm forces in between the molecules but strong covalent bonds between the atoms

Posted from TSR Mobile

no i think it was giant covalent :confused:
I had no clue I just guessed simple molecular compounds because they are gases

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by LjWol
Not surre, but i think the answer your looking for it might be H+ for the acidic and OH- for the alkali but i can't exactly remember the question- could it have been where neutralisation was the answer??

Yesssssss!!!! Thank you stress over!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's pretty much what I put

>Simple Molecule
>Weak IM forces of attraction
>Little energy needed to overcome forces
:smile:
Reply 96
I had no clue I just guessed simple molecular compounds because they are gases

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol :smile: i think you might get a mark for mentioning the strong covalent bonds, but i think it was looking for you to say that each carbon atom had four hydrogen atoms, and then to state the properties of giant covalent structures(macromolecules) wait.. you are talking about the drill tip one right? :')
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
What did everyone put the cake icing, I put because of Co2 the cake was raised, for the calculating masses i put something like 6.4, percentage yield was something like 61%??
I put the percentage yield as 61 but can't remeber the mass and also I put that the co2 needs to escape so the cake is risen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
I put the percentage yield as 61 but can't remeber the mass and also I put that the co2 needs to escape so the cake is risen

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put something about the co2 needing to be released will that get me a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending