The Student Room Group

Chemistry c2 unit 2 aqa monday gcse 20th new spec

Scroll to see replies

Wasn't it exothermis because te temperature of the water increased?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sammann123

Posted from TSR Mobile

It didn't though that was the temperature change. The beginning temperature was like 20 and the finishing temperature was like 14 ( example) so the temperature went down so it's endothermic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 9examsleft
I put something about the co2 needing to be released will that get me a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was only a 1 mark question so I think you only need to state what cause it to rise. I said water vapour and co2..
Original post by Elm Tree
It was only a 1 mark question so I think you only need to state what cause it to rise. I said water vapour and co2..

Okay thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
I put something about the co2 needing to be released will that get me a mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's nearly exactly what i put :smile: (but i said it was produced and released)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LjWol
that's exactly what i put :smile:

Haha okay at least I'm not the only one :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
what about the question about pH for sulfuric acid?

and the two observations that was made?
Original post by denizcan619
what about the question about pH for sulfuric acid?

and the two observations that was made?

I put 3 what did you put? I think it's 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
It was exothermic because they were looking at the temperature change and it was increasing right?! Because I put endo first but I realised it was exo
Reply 109
So after seeing exothermic and endothermic, im beginning to feel that "heat energy" isnt quite right.

Also, what did people put for the one about carbon dioxide being a gas, and did anyone relate the question back to mars? because ive heard some people that did and some people that didnt..
I put 3 what did you put? I think it's 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll accept any acidic pH..
They'll accept any acidic pH..

Okay thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
It didn't though that was the temperature change. The beginning temperature was like 20 and the finishing temperature was like 14 ( example) so the temperature went down so it's endothermic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, i didn't read the question properly, only 1/60 marks though
Original post by berkin12
It was exothermic because they were looking at the temperature change and it was increasing right?! Because I put endo first but I realised it was exo

It was endothermic. As they added more of the stuff the temperature change decreased.
Fair enough, i didn't read the question properly, only 1/60 marks though

That 1 could be the difference between an A or A* overall! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you talking about it decreased
Reply 116
Original post by anaypanda
So after seeing exothermic and endothermic, im beginning to feel that "heat energy" isnt quite right.

Also, what did people put for the one about carbon dioxide being a gas, and did anyone relate the question back to mars? because ive heard some people that did and some people that didnt..

No i didn't relate back to Mars... it didn't ask you too so what was the point?! I just kind of waffled on about how carbon dioxide is a compound- and comps are hard to seperate... bs basically :wink: and then i mentioned strong covalent bonds within carbon ...and guess what i threw in a bit about the collision theory too! I thought some of it had to be right :') lol!!
(edited 10 years ago)

Yeah for b1 i came out thinking i lost 2 marks turned out i was 2 marks away from an A*
Original post by LjWol
No i didn't relate back to Mars... it didn't ask you too so what was the point?! I just kind of waffled on about how carbon dioxide is a compound- and comps are hard to seperate... bs basically :wink: and then i mentioned strong covalent bonds within carbon ...and guess what i threw in a bit about the collision theory too! I thought some of i had to be right :') lol!!

I said that carbon dioxide is a simple molucule so has weak intermolecular forces of attraction.

Well yes, but other than that it was a very easy paper and I can't think of any other marks i dropped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest