The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Oh, and the 6 marker was brilliant! Couldn't stop smiling when I saw it. :biggrin:
Reply 1041
Original post by GeneralOJB
Oh, and the 6 marker was brilliant! Couldn't stop smiling when I saw it. :biggrin:

Tell me about it.... it was a gift from heaven!:cool:
For the second part of question 6 I used the wrong value of potential difference, which I then used in calculations for the rest of my questions. Will I still get marks for the one mark questions that followed for error carried forward?
Original post by AngryAsamoah
For the second part of question 6 I used the wrong value of potential difference, which I then used in calculations for the rest of my questions. Will I still get marks for the one mark questions that followed for error carried forward?

You should do :smile:
OK so, How many marks was the question where you had to give the total resistance of the circuit? Did you have to include mass of electrons in your working for specific charge question? For the last question if you made 1 calculation mistake on the final step, how many marks will you lose? Also, i thought it was an easy paper so i'm expecting high grade boundaries, how many marks for an A do people thing?
Thanks mate, just worried 'coz I haven't seen anything about marks for errors carried forward in any of the mark schemes.
Reply 1046
Damn it! Why did I put the peak as 65 and the peak-to-peak as 130?! I'm such an idiot. :angry:
I am thinking 58/70 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zedd01
What was your answer to the last question, was it 74000 ohms?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that as well, did you do V/I=R then add 5000 to it and then do 90000-Ans
Reply 1049
For the oscilloscope question, didnt it say that there were 10 horizontal divisions and 8 vertical ones: so there would be 5 above and below the centre for Y and 8 across, meaning the time base would be like 2.5v/div and the y sensitivity would be about 13- 20V
Reply 1050
Original post by Jimmy20002012

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I would second that - the grade boundaries will probably be higher due to the accessibility of the 6 marker....
Reply 1051
Original post by usycool1
You should do :smile:

on the question about conservation of energy in the circuit i used V2/R and my rounded values for the Resistance of R and so i got 49.7W it agreed with the individual power outputs. i used the rounded value as i rounded the previous answers to 2sf. how many marks do you think i'll lose? 1/2?
Reply 1052
For the oscilloscope question, didnt it say that there were 10 horizontal divisions and 8 vertical ones: so there would be 5 above and below the centre for Y and 8 across, meaning the time base would be like 2.5v/div and the y sensitivity would be about 13- 20V
Original post by Jimmy20002012

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking the same, if anything maybe higher?
Reply 1054
Original post by kingmango

I don't think it will be higher 58/70 is 83% or so... which is pretty high.... you have to remember that most people on the student room are A or A/B borderline. So it is always gonna seem higher.
Reply 1055
Original post by kingmango

The january paper this year was easier than that (I think so at least) and in the january paper and A was 56/70 and 100 was 68/70. I doubt the grade boundaries will be above those
What was the answer to 2A?
Reply 1057
Original post by Mr.Suhk

No, you don't do 20/8, you do 20/10 as there are 10 horizontal divisions, that is divisions on the horizontal axis.
Reply 1058
Original post by Goods
The january paper this year was easier than that (I think so at least) and in the january paper and A was 56/70 and 100 was 68/70. I doubt the grade boundaries will be above those

I dunno, I found the Jan paper harder... but maybe that was because I still hadn't got the hang of electricity... so I lost a lot of marks on that... :biggrin: Overall though, I have good feelings about this one. At least a B, but I am expecting an A. I reckon I got between 60-65.
Reply 1059
For the line of dc voltage,how many line should I draw?I only drew one on 45V!I am not sure whether I have to draw a line on -45V

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending