The Student Room Group

BUSS1 May 20th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
was the income budget question not something like ' what are the problems akanni might face setting an accurate income budget'? so it would be like, his market research wasn't extensive and was inaccurate so can't predict income etc? if it wasn't that then oops lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jasmiine
was the income budget question not something like ' what are the problems akanni might face setting an accurate income budget'? so it would be like, his market research wasn't extensive and was inaccurate so can't predict income etc? if it wasn't that then oops lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea it was I don't think it asked you to list the disadvantage. I said aswell that the market is a niche market and so it will be harder to predict. Not only that but the secondary research was 3 years old and from the USA making it even more inaccurate.
Reply 102
Yeah I said that :smile:
Good, good i'm just convinced I messed up last question.
Reply 104
Original post by Frostyjoe
Well I have the book here now and Contribution = Total Revenue - Total Variable costs and thats what I wrote too.

I hope we don't have to write it in words..

I think it said explain what is meant by total contribution, therefore i think you had to give a kind of definition. Not just the calculation... i don't know i just put both :frown:
Why isn't the break even 110000 units what the??
Reply 106
Yea it was I don't think it asked you to list the disadvantage. I said aswell that the market is a niche market and so it will be harder to predict. Not only that but the secondary research was 3 years old and from the USA making it even more inaccurate.

yeah I said this too! and that he didnt have any previous figures to base his income on. good !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samboJ
132,000 / 1.30 = 101,538.4615 -> Just done it on my calculator.

Therefore answer is 101,539. You round up because you have not yet broken even if you sell 101,538. You'd still be making a loss. (Albeit miniscule).

I think CPU was 1.25??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I have pretty much got full marks on every other question apart from when it asked to work out the break even output for option A. I wrote the formulas for break even output and contribution per unit so max I will get 2 out of 5 marks. I divided the total amount of fixed costs to get fixed costs per unit when I shouldn't have bothered as you don't need to do that. I got the right answer 101... or w/e it was first then I changed my calculation (silly move) and wrote down the incorrect answer. Hopefully I got 55 0r 57 out of 60 and BUSS2 should be breezy fingers crossed.
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh great i'm more confident. I also said that he was told by his business advisor that he was unreliable. I'm not sure if thats relevant though. What about the trademark one?

I did this:

1. Definition.
2. Act as a USP differentiating its products.
3. Can be instantly recognisable to customers increasing profits.
4. Because of that he can increase his prices to an above average level.
Reply 110
Original post by Skaterkid

You divided fixed costs by the variable costs (132,000 / 1.2) instead of dividing fixed costs by contribution per unit (132,000 / 2.5-1.2=1.3) which equals 101,538.4615 which rounds up to 101,539.

The question is asking you that assuming his budgets were accurate, what problems would he face... Hard one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sarah Richard
I think I have pretty much got full marks on every other question apart from when it asked to work out the break even output for option A. I wrote the formulas for break even output and contribution per unit so max I will get 2 out of 5 marks. I divided the total amount of fixed costs to get fixed costs per unit when I shouldn't have bothered as you don't need to do that. I got the right answer 101... or w/e it was first then I changed my calculation (silly move) and wrote down the incorrect answer. Hopefully I got 55 0r 57 out of 60 and BUSS2 should be breezy fingers crossed.

did any one else make an error on that question
Original post by dannyboyrises
The question is asking you that assuming his budgets were accurate, what problems would he face... Hard one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay I wrote about the research being from 2010 and the USA and how his business is in the UK and the research is outdated and in another country making it more inaccurate
Reply 114
I think CPU was 1.25??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so. How did you get that? :s-smilie:
Reply 115

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think it was that, that would be a really strange question... reasons why it would be hard getting an accurate one seems much more relevant to me and there were lots of things on it within the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea I don't think it was that either, if it was i've got it wrong.
Original post by Skaterkid

I personally think it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think it was that, that would be a really strange question... reasons why it would be hard getting an accurate one seems much more relevant to me and there were lots of things on it within the case study

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope it isn't buy those are my thoughts right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 119

Posted from TSR Mobile

No Jasmin it was that. It was 'explain the disadvantages of an accurate income budget'.

I put:

1. Only covers revenue -> can't work out profit.
2. Adverse variance can be demotivating.

etc. etc. but I applied loads.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending