The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone with an offer from Magdalene heard about accommodation yet?
Original post by bellatrixb
Has anyone with an offer from Magdalene heard about accommodation yet?

I haven't heard anything, I've been debating ringing them for a while now :/ A teacher at my college said that they might just allocate rooms after we get our results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fowlerbean
I haven't heard anything, I've been debating ringing them for a while now :/ A teacher at my college said that they might just allocate rooms after we get our results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmmm...I don't know. If other colleges are sorting it out now, you'd think they'd be doing the same? I'm going to wait another week or two, then maybe ring.
Plenty of colleges don't allocate accommodation until after results day - no point in allocating you a room if you're not coming. If you mean sending out a preferences form, some colleges don't do this because all their first year accommodation is the same so there is no need to ask for preferences. Not having heard anything doesn't mean they have forgotten you or that your application has been secretly rejected.
Is it possible to go and work in other colleges' libraries or do people stick to their own one?

Also, can first years take out books from the UL?
Reply 2566
So Wolfson College sent out the accommodation forms yesterday by mail. I reacted quite quickly, I think, so let's see what room I get. I went for cheap. ^^
Original post by Buongiorno
Is it possible to go and work in other colleges' libraries or do people stick to their own one?

Access to most college libraries is controlled by card/code, so you wouldn't ordinarily be able to get in unless you had a friend to let you in. If for whatever reason you needed access to another college's library (say they had a book your college didn't or something, though most colleges are pretty good at buying in requests) then it could be arranged, but it's not automatic.

And no, only third years and above have borrowing rights for the UL.
Original post by Extricated
St John's do have some damn tough offers : A*A*A standard offer and they gave me A*A*AA ...probably to do with the fact that I couldn't draw a straight line for a good 5 mins due to shaking hands *fp*

which subject?
Original post by SexyNerd
which subject?

Economics
Reply 2570
Anyone else starting to feel the pressure.......my nails are down to the quick and I keep dreaming about not getting my grades.......and that's it's all a huge mistake.......:eek:
Original post by Buongiorno

Original post by Helenia
And no, only third years and above have borrowing rights for the UL.

Nope, they've recently changed borrowing rules. First years can borrow up to 5 books for 2 weeks! :smile:
Original post by Noonoo
Anyone else starting to feel the pressure.......my nails are down to the quick and I keep dreaming about not getting my grades.......and that's it's all a huge mistake.......:eek:

Yeah I'm really really worried. I hope they might accept AAA.
Original post by camaieu
Nope, they've recently changed borrowing rules. First years can borrow up to 5 books for 2 weeks! :smile:

Wow, revolutionary! In my defence, I only actually went there twice in my 6 years at Cambridge. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2574
Original post by Noonoo

Yes yes yes! My exams are finished so now I'm just sitting and waiting! Awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2575
Original post by Emmav123
Yes yes yes! My exams are finished so now I'm just sitting and waiting! Awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whilst I hate to hear others in pain too, its somewhat reassuring too! This whole process is tortuous! I found the interview day so so difficult! Heh ho....what will be will be!

We had to write what uni we hoped to go to in our leavers book - I will possibly be always known as the one who DIDN'T get to Cambridge!
Original post by camaieu

Great news, thank you! :smile:
Original post by Jkn

BTW didn't you ask about my accom.? I chose north court :biggrin:
Reply 2578
Original post by bananarama2
BTW didn't you ask about my accom.? I chose north court :biggrin:

Fuuuuark! That's the least social and the worst rooms though :eek: The architecture looks nice though... as long as you don't get put on the bus-stop side! :eek: What grade?

I applied for south court grade 3-4 :smile: Standard.

Hello everybody!

Is the "Cambridge 2013 offer holders chat" as riveting as the name suggest? :wink:
Original post by Jkn
Fuuuuark! That's the least social and the worst rooms though :eek: The architecture looks nice though... as long as you don't get put on the bus-stop side! :eek: What grade?

I applied for south court grade 3-4 :smile: Standard.

Hello everybody!

Is the "Cambridge 2013 offer holders chat" as riveting as the name suggest? :wink:

It's five minutes to the bar :wink: and the least noisy in terms of people. It'll be fine :biggrin: I went for 3-4.

Well this thread was rather dominated by maths...

Latest

Trending

Trending