The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fabz_x
Omg. I completely forgot who it was that analysed that same extract that came in the exam, but i ****ing love you. omg thank you:biggrin:

Page 41 :smile: That dude analyzed it for us 2 days ago and I pretty much repeated what he said for Slim in the exam in my own words :smile:
Reply 1801
Original post by cleveradam
GUYS I GOT A MAJOR QUESTION
basically in the exam answering booklet where you write. I did OMAM question first then the Inspector Calls question second - was this aloud?
Also I wrote around 4 pages for OMAM and 3.5 pages for IAC but didn't have time to conclude for IAC.. how many pages did you guys write?

yes that's fine
Reply 1802
It doesn't matter how much you write, whether is it more in section A or less in section B, it's perfectly fine, because the exam board marks your work as a whole. They do not give a grade for one section and a grade for the other. They give you a grade for what you have written overall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ryanb97
there are 3 poems that wont come up in the hiegher tier for every cluster .... i dont know why

there is another one aswell... i dont know what it is though

ryan

I won't be doing the poetry exam since I did it last year but I think the third foundation only poem was The Right Word (along with Flag and The Falling Leaves) since they are easier to understand apparently than the other poems :smile:

There was a document on it somewhere but I can't find it at the moment :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mitchellshazia
Certainly! :smile:

31/40 in the coursework is 40 UMS, meaning you currently have 109 overall and need 71 in this exam - 48/68 in terms of raw marks (based on January's boundaries). This is less than 75% so hopefully you will be fine as well.

Thank you so much! You've put my mind at rest <3
Original post by TheSmartOne
Thank you so much! You've put my mind at rest <3

You're welcome! :smile:
Does anyone know which poems deffo won't come up for relationships cluster please? :smile:
Original post by Elm Tree
Hmm.. Worst case scenario probably full marks
:frown:

:awesome:
I kid, I kid... I've been aiming for an A, and I think I can achieve it. But if all doesn't go to plan I think ill end up with a B :sigh: Going to try compensate for it in English Language.. aiming for an A*

I'm trying to do it in Language too! :smile: But I doubt it, I got 62/80 in the January exam, got a retake in June, and we've also done the IGCSE Language too for another shot :redface: Lol I was scared then, just like :eyeball: :rolleyes: Hope we can both get it! :smile:
Reply 1808
Original post by fbrep2012
What you put down was good and very creative, especially about Slim and the ranch. But you would have needed much more.

well i went into some more detail about crooks- i wrote about 2 sides, urmm 12 words a line? about 800 words?
What if you have something really clever to say about one of your poems but you have no points about linking it together with the other, can you still analyse some of it individually?
Original post by mitchellshazia
You're welcome! :smile:

I got 35/40 for CA and got 33/54 for poetry cluster exam.
What do I need in this exam for an overall A?
Original post by Dougieowner
I'm so glad Slim came up!

WOOOO SLIM! *hugs the fictional character* :woo:
hey,
what poems do you think will come up in character and voice this year????? stressing over this poetry exam :confused:
Reply 1813
What points did people make in the inspector calls section for the Eric question?
Royally ****ed this exam up. I'm absolutely devastated as English Literature is meant to be my best subject :emo:

I picked the beastie question for LOTF - this was an utter joy to write and I feel I did really well here. However, I almost yelped in pain when I saw that Slim was for OMAM - I had prepared more thoroughly for a George or Lennie question. And to top it all off, I didn't finish my OMAM essay - I only made two points :frown:

PITY ME, SOMEONE!
Reply 1815
For the of mice and men question I talked about how slim was tall and then he stood in the door way so like he stands between boundaries? But it doesn't even really make sense I only made like 4 points about him...
Then for b I talked about how even though slim wore denim trousers etc he still is seen as important as he has a natural power. I also compared him to the boss who wouldn't be important if it wasn't for the hiring and canning and I compared him to candy too, saying how he's old and disabled so he's not important
What do you guys think about this?
Original post by JustaDreamer
I'm trying to do it in Language too! :smile: But I doubt it, I got 62/80 in the January exam, got a retake in June, and we've also done the IGCSE Language too for another shot :redface: Lol I was scared then, just like :eyeball: :rolleyes: Hope we can both get it! :smile:

I think I got around 73/80 in CAs, so an A* is possible!
Original post by Elm Tree
Hmm.. Worst case scenario probably full marks
:frown:

:awesome:
I kid, I kid... I've been aiming for an A, and I think I can achieve it. But if all doesn't go to plan I think ill end up with a B :sigh: Going to try compensate for it in English Language.. aiming for an A*

I remember going into exam thinking alright this should hopefully be an easy A* and should be more achievable than lit :colondollar:.

I came out hoping I still had an English Literature GCSE :eek:
Reply 1818
Got 36/40 on Romeo and Juliet controlled assessment
On average how many marks will I need on each of the remaining papers for an A* ?
OMG :frown:, I wrote good quality answers which met the A* criteria but I feel that I have not written enough in my answers even though I covered everything from Structure to Language analysis. I wrote around 500 words for the Inspector calls question and just shy of 700 for the OMAM question, would this with A* grade analysis enable me to reach the A* mark band? I am worried as I only wrote 5.5 pages in my answer booklet :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending