The Student Room Group

Wjec PH1 Monday 20th May 2013

Rallying the remaining troops of PH1!

Anyone wanna try predict what will come up? Hoping to get a good start in my Physics a level, best of luck to all of you!

Feel free to ask any questions that you are unsure of on this exam board.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think there will be a tough hooke's law question
Reply 2
In all honesty I've given up with it. My teacher's terrible and face it, there aren't exactly any decent WJEC resources around. I don't understand a single thing of this unit so I'll be banking on the easy graph questions or the equations I actually do understand.

Guaranteed there's gonna be some potential divider question.

Good luck to everyone else.
Reply 3
I never know how many significant figures they want, mark schemes always seem completely random?
Reply 4
Yeah the s.f is a pain.We are suppose to go with least amount of s.f in the question.

Make sure you look at the examiner reports, they are equally as helpful compared to the mark scheme.

Dont give up yet! I think moments will be in the exam = easy marks
(edited 10 years ago)
I think the general feeling about this exam is negative. I'm really irritated because I really do like the subject and find it interesting. But the exam questions are just evil, I've done all the past papers twice now and I'm still averaging roughly 90 UMS, which isn't as flattering as it sounds, for the more recent papers. The Mark scheme is inconsistent and the questions don't give you enough space to write or work out questions on, I guess that annoys me specifically because I'm used to having a whole booklet of empty pages to write on in Maths. It's no wonder the grade boundaries are so low. I'm feeling really frustrated and annoyed by this.:mad:
Reply 6
Yeah the questions are really evil, I have to read each sentence 3 times because there is
often key information which is not in bold. But having low grade boundaries is a good thing =D 70% for an A. I also don’t like the spacing between each of the lines (the gaps are too small for equations), Do you work sideways first or downwards first?
Reply 7
this is going to be the 4th time i sit this :frown:
and i still don't understand everything
Reply 8
It should be fine- it can't possibly he harder than January's series but it should be a challenging one!
Reply 9
Im pretty sure moments will come up and vout/vin equation suvats
Maybe V = E -Ir + Power and efficeincy.
These are my predictions

Gl you will all do goood!
Reply 10
What did everyone think?
Reply 11
Very good paper! I think grade boundaries will be very high
Original post by TheGreat1
this is going to be the 4th time i sit this :frown:
and i still don't understand everything

i feel ur pain how did it go?
Original post by sonyeric33
Im pretty sure moments will come up and vout/vin equation suvats
Maybe V = E -Ir + Power and efficeincy.
These are my predictions

Gl you will all do goood!

ur predictions were correct! psychic child :biggrin:
I failed miserably on few of the 3 mark questions and completely on the circuit page! apart from that it was okay I guess
Original post by No-Idea.
What did everyone think?

how did u find it? the circuit questioNs?
Original post by Pras123
Very good paper! I think grade boundaries will be very high

really? what answer did u get for the resistance and all that?
Reply 17
Original post by imconfused
really? what answer did u get for the resistance and all that?

Which resistance? The E.M.F question or the circuit one?
Original post by Pras123
Which resistance? The E.M.F question or the circuit one?

circuit one ?
Reply 19
6 ohms

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending